Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kuvem1

Cannot Install Official Scenery Patch

Guest Kuvem1

Whenever I try to install the official Patch I get a message saying:"Click here the enter the Message to display to your end user when this item does not exist on the target machine"Then I can only click on OK and quit the installation process.I dont have FSX installed on the C: but on R: could that be the Problem?

Guest Kuvem1

here is the picture.Any help would be greatly appreciated

Guest MattNW

I don't know the exact fix for your problem but I do notice that you have FSX running in the background. That can cause problems during an install. You shouldn't have the program you are patching running during the patch install unless the installer tells you to.

Guest Kuvem1

Thanks for the Tip I did try to install it multiple times also with no programs running in the background. I have also tried to start the installation file from the harddisk where FSX is installed at but still it does not work.I assume the problem could be that FSX is not installed on the main harddisk? Could that be it?I dont want to reinstall FSX on the other Harddisk, but I do need the Patch because I install Add Ons

Guest Kuvem1

I already have a Italy Add on and while tryieng to land the wheels sank into the ground causing a very strange crash where the wheels could not touch the ground at all and simply sank into the runway. I do think the the official Patch might solve this Problem but I cannot install it.I have downloaded the Chile Add On from AVSIM but the Author of the files says it does only work with the Official Scenery Patch, but I cannot install it, thhis is driving me nuts

Since we can't really tell what the error is, I would certainly suggest contact Microsoft through the tell_fs email.

Guest Kuvem1

sorry about the N00b question but what is tell_fs email? How can I get in contact with the Programmers of the Patch?