Sign in to follow this  
DMullert

737 MAX Released for MSFS 2020 at Simmarket

So I have bought and just given it a quick try starting from the runway. It all seemed pretty good except my auto-pilot panel was either dimmed to off or the displays not working. AP worked nicely. I could not find the dim controller for the AP panel? Anyone know where it is ?

Thanks
CJ

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

Come to think of it, MSFS is Mickey mouse. Or did I miss something and MSFS 2020 suddenly on the list of FAA approved training devices?

The age old argument even though through the years this one piece of software has been responsible for more new real world pilots than any other software in history.  Flight Simulator preceded all competition and has lasted longer than any other.  It can be Mickey Mouse if you want it to be and it can also be something much more, it's your choice.   To simply write it off as irrelevant and/or on the level of 'Halo'/'Ace Combat' or any other game is simply not understanding it's influence over the years.  

Edited by Dillon
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

34 minutes ago, Tom_L said:

I didn't, that's why I listed the costs for the models in the post you quoted.

I didn't say you had intimated this, I said the posts of this nature on the other forum intimate this. It's as well to be careful not to be associated with such things. 🙂

Back on the actual add-on, remember folks, this is a twenty quid add on we're discussing here. If we assume people's time is worth ten quid an hour, a few people appear to be spending 40 quid's worth of their time to diss a 20 quid add-on. 🤣

Edited by Chock
  • Like 7

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

25 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

I think the early commenters on this 737 Max and bashed it can edit their comments to reflect the most recent reviews by the community.  It does a lot of harm to the creator of this mod, if the mod is actually decent for it's price.  People that open this thread will get the wrong idea about the quality of this 737 max and the creator of it will lose sales as a result of their hard work.

Nah, that would be censorship to protect someone's bottom line. No thanks.

• Upvote 1

• It does sound interesting. However one question to broach is how committed the developer will be to keeping it updated/supported, given the "ProMods" factor we have already seen with the FBW A320 - whenever Asobo make a core programme change it breaks the add on.

36 minutes ago, CJ1045 said:

So I have bought and just given it a quick try starting from the runway. It all seemed pretty good except my auto-pilot panel was either dimmed to off or the displays not working. AP worked nicely. I could not find the dim controller for the AP panel? Anyone know where it is ?

Thanks
CJ

Look for one of the videos posted at its YouTube channel, from the SimMarket links. There's one video dedicated to cabin lighting.

Cheers, Ed

Edited by edpatino

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

14 minutes ago, Dillon said:

this one piece of software has been responsible for more new real world pilots than any other software in history.

But which came first? My interest in aviation pre-dated any home computing system, much less any flight simulator. Flight simulator may even be an outlet that’s enough for people not to pursue aviation further or even a turn off, for some, towards aviation.

So, it cuts both ways...

I would get it, but I just can't get passed the fact that it has Rolls-Royce Trent fan blades and spinner cones in the engines. Not to mention the fact that they are placed too far forward!

Jesse Casserly 👌🏼

Add me as a friend to go fly on MSFS: JesseC757

https://www.youtube.com/user/JesseCasserly757

💻 i7-10750H 2.6 GHz / 5.0 GHz, 16GB DDR4, 512GB SSD, 1TB HDD, RTX 2080 Super

Saitek X-56 HOTAS

10 hours ago, marsman2020 said:

That's the problem I have with this.  If people buy these thrown together junk add-ons then we will keep getting more thrown together junk add-ons.

So what . You dont have to buy them . If you like it buy it , if you dont dont . Simples . 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

Nah, that would be censorship to protect someone's bottom line. No thanks.

Absolutely. Nothing should be above criticism, however, it should be informed criticism. The many posts at the start of this thread yesterday were launching into the product with nobody having actually bought it. This doesn't mean we have to always buy things to be a critic, we can criticise the screenshots and such, but in the case of this thing there were people having at it within minutes of its release with no real basis for that criticism, and that's not the way to go.

• Like 10
  • Upvote 2

Alan Bradbury

I'll purchase it. Thanks for the comments from those that have already bought it, very useful. My initial thought was it wasn't as bad as others pointed out, but for sure with some limitations in systems, modeling and textures. But for the price that's understandable.

Will probably wait some days before actually buying it, for sure after some extra liveries are available, as the default Boeing one is not my preferred one. There's also the next World Update coming up next Thursday and not sure if it'll affect the aircraft and it would need a patch/fix.

A new aircraft like this added to the existing fleet is kind of a refreshment, considering how limited MSFS still is regarding airliners.

Cheers, Ed

Edited by edpatino
  • Like 3

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Just now, edpatino said:

I'll purchase it. Thanks for the comments from those that have already bought it, very useful. My initial thought was it wasn't as bad as others pointed out, but for sure with some limitations in systems, modeling and textures. But for the price that's understandable.

Will probably wait some days before actually buying it, for sure after some extra liveries are available, as the default Boeing one is not my preferred one. There's also the next World Update coming up next Thursday and not sure if it'll affect the aircraft and it would need a patch/fix.

Cheers, Ed

It's one of those where the price of entry is almost at the point that it's churlish not to buy it, and that's rare indeed these days with payware airliners. If a patch busts it, we're not too badly out of pocket to let it break our hearts.

Alan Bradbury

6 minutes ago, Chock said:

If a patch busts it, we're not too badly out of pocket to let it break our hearts.

That's true, Chock, and it surely will get a fix very soon if that happens. Thanks specially to you for your detailed reviews.

Cheers, Ed

Edited by edpatino

Cheers, Ed

Stupid question, can anyone say where the pitot tube heater switch is located as when i get above 10k the speed ticker goes haywire, and it starts diving (no joke, i know its a max) very similar to the A320 if the pitot heater is not on. checked the others i could see , and they were all auto.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

1 hour ago, abrams_tank said:

I think the early commenters on this 737 Max and bashed it can edit their comments to reflect the most recent reviews by the community.

I still maintain that the cockpit looks bad, judging from the developer's own screenshots on SimMarket. The textures look bland, and the developer highlights "Full PBR materials" as one of their selling points, but the cockpit textures don't look like full use of PBR textures that emulate the individual cockpit materials like metal, plastic, glass and seat fabric. Everything looks like it's the same material just with different colours. It is a quality level below what I feel are general industry standards for any add-on developer, even at the price it's sold at.

Edited by JacquesBrel
  • Like 1