Sign in to follow this  
DMullert

737 MAX Released for MSFS 2020 at Simmarket

1 hour ago, JacquesBrel said:

I still maintain that the cockpit looks bad, judging from the developer's own screenshots on SimMarket. The textures look bland, and the developer highlights "Full PBR materials" as one of their selling points, but the cockpit textures don't look like full use of PBR textures that emulate the individual cockpit materials like metal, plastic, glass and seat fabric. Everything looks like it's the same material just with different colours. It is a quality level below what I feel are general industry standards for any add-on developer, even at the price it's sold at.

At SimMarket it is also stated "(the video quality is not the top, for the graphic specs watch at the screenshots)" so it's not like they are trying to hide anything.

20 minutes ago, Cmcollazo71 said:

It’s a free market... or should the politburo decide what can or can’t be released? 😜😃😁

Of course not. However, you don't get my point!  We set bar that low, we will get more bottom feeder stuff like that. I know we all starve for new add ons, but seems like things are going in the wrong direction lately.  Your wallet is your ultimate vote. If there is demand for that, market will deliver. So yeah listen to politburo comrade! LOL 😛 

• Like 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

1 minute ago, sd_flyer said:

Of course not. However, you don't get my point!  We set bar that low, we will get more bottom feeder stuff like that. I know we all starve for new add ons, but seems like things are going in the wrong direction lately.  Your wallet is your ultimate vote. If there is demand for that, market will deliver. So yeah listen to politburo comrade! LOL 😛 

sd_flyer.

I don't think we need to worry. Quality developers would build their stuff and price it the way they want. Upcoming CRJ frpm Aerosoft (50-60$??) PMDG $100+?  There are many people who complain about PMDG's high price for those folks, a simple add on like this good enough I would think. 

IMO, this 737 is as good if not better than the default ASOBO's unfinished 787 and 747.  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

11 minutes ago, leprechaunlive said:

reusing assets from ms isnt the problem. its reusing assets only available in the Deluxe Version that is. 

Very good point...  this “Max” might be grounded pretty soon, just like it’s RW relation was.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

8 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

So yeah listen to politburo comrade! LOL 😛 

Don’t worry PMDG will not hold back from taking your $150.00+ as soon as they can... every iteration of the sim has had these lower priced reworks (Friendly Panels comes to mind) and we still have PMDG, A2A, etc. 

“A fool and their money are easily parted...” thus the “beauty” of the capitalist system... or without the snark — the market is a large enough ecosystem to support all types and qualities of goods and services.

Edited by Cmcollazo71
  • Like 1

To be brutally honest, that video on here a couple of pages back was laughable. I don't mind if someone does or does not like something on a review, or if their review differs from my opinion, since they are after all an opinion, but to call it 'expensive' as the reviewer does early on in the proceedings, gives you a good hint as to where it's going. Can't wait to see him review the FSL A320 or the PMDG NG lol when these make it into MSFS if he thinks 20 quid is expensive. And that's the point really, it's 20 quid; the level of expectation is commensurate with that price, and taken in that light it surpasses what I would expect for 20 quid, so I'd review it (and will later today) from that standpoint.

• Like 8

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

44 minutes ago, desbean said:

At SimMarket it is also stated "(the video quality is not the top, for the graphic specs watch at the screenshots)" so it's not like they are trying to hide anything.

I'm not sure what you mean, sorry. I was referring to the screenshots, not the video. I don't see anything resembling "Full PBR materials" in the cockpit screenshots, so it doesn't look to me like the developer delivers what they actually advertise.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Manny said:

Upcoming CRJ frpm Aerosoft (50-60$??) PMDG $100+?

But what we all hope about this new sim was much cheaper addons compare to P3D for example due to a ton more users

If people are cool spending 20$ on something that is using 90% of assets they did not created and it's selling really well, we should expect P3D prices on much better addons.

42 minutes ago, Manny said:

PMDG $100+? 

That is surely not enough, i reckon with around 150-180 bucks because if it come they have to do a lot overwork what needs a lot of time again..

I think they have to make the package almost completely new so - shure not cheap not in this days anymore 🤔 - IMO!

cheers  😉

Edited by pmplayer
  • Like 1

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

1 hour ago, sd_flyer said:

It's of course your choice. Juts because it very low price you settle with that artistic interpretation. This is not very encouraging trend for MSFS being a sim platform rather than arcade. Also encourage more developers to sell more stuff like that because to sells

Wait what, more developers are being encouraged to contribute their products. What is that called again? I think it starts with ca and ends with pitalism.

IMHO, I don't think this sim supports pricey addons. Some developers are in for a rude wake up call. 

Edited by Ricardo41
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, pmplayer said:

think they have to make the package almost completely new so - shure not cheap not in this days anymore 🤔 - IMO!

I’ve said this before I think this will be the excuse to negate the $100.00 savings for those that bought the P3D version on the NXGu.

Either, out right saying due to the extensive development they won’t honor it or raising the price by $100.00.

lol. The cockpit graphics looks like someone just learned 3Ds Max and this is their first assigment to the teacher. 

My god its awful.

waiting for PMDG:

36 minutes ago, Chock said:

... so I'd review it (and will later today) from that standpoint.

Will look out for it Chock, to get the counterpoint.

At the moment though the biggest thing which could kill this dead in the water is a cease and desist from Asobo or MS if they have cloned and redistributed payware content. That's why I will wait and see, also what happens to it with the update will be key.