Sign in to follow this  
DMullert

737 MAX Released for MSFS 2020 at Simmarket

18 minutes ago, Dillon said:

I broke down and bought this bird this morning.  After looking around a bit I too actually like this bird.  Out the gate (disclaimer, going to word not allowed some off) the dimensions of the VC (window size, etc) is far better than what PMDG gave us for so many years with their FSX 737NG.  This didn't get corrected until the 'NGXu' was released.  I was expecting the VC to be off in the sizing of the windows etc but the VC in this model is the 737NG/MAX series hands down.  You feel like your in the 737 cockpit with this bird and it's not bad.  Yes the forward paneling is off as far as texturing but judging by what PMDG gave us with the excuse of saying they had to size warp size the windows to accommodate the HUD this was a plus out the gate for me.  Whether it be the QualityWings 757 or the aforementioned PMDG FSX 737, higher costing add-ons have gotten major things wrong with VC modeling yet charged way more than this.  Say what you will about Carenado, at least their models are on point.

Another thing that impressed me out the gate is fully modeled landing/taxi light options.  No short cuts here. All lighting switches for forward view lighting options work.  This is often missed with our more established developers.  They like to mix, leave out, and/or have dead switches when is comes to all the light switches that control your view ahead at night and various other lighting.  Night flying ends up lacking because of this.  What you have here is a 24 hour bird that looks good in the VC at all times of the day or night.  Today nothing less should be accepted and this bird has it.

So much has already been said here so I won't go into anything further for now.  This bird is not trash and fills a nitch nicely until the higher end options arrive, I'm pleasantly surprised.

I need a few great 'BBJ' liveries to really get into this bird to form more of a constructive opinion.  I hope someone with painting talent is reading... 

😀

I knew you would buy it. I might buy this myself if someone were to release a BBJ version...., as I exclusively fly turboprops or biz jets. 

• Upvote 1

I’ve got a bit of a remedial question here. I don’t see this plane as an option in SimBrief. What’s my best best solution?

i7-10700k (OC at 5.05MHz) | EVGA 3090 FTW3 (24GB) | G.Skill RipJaws V Series 32GB RAM (Effective 3200MHz) | 1TB SSD M2 (Samsung EVO) | Corsair 850W Gold P/S | MSI MAG CoreLiquid 240R | MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Edge WiFi | Logitech Yoke and Throttle Quad | Logitech Saitek Rudders | Logitech Switch Panel | Thrustmaster T.Flight 4 HOTAS | HyperX Cloud Flight S Headset | 43” LG 43UN700B 4k monitor | HP Reverb G2 (VR)

Selling EVGA 2080 Super Ultra XC (8GB) - used for 3.5 months - PM me for info if interested!

My uncle taught me "how to fly" on MSFS95, got MSFS98 for a birthday, and I have been hooked ever since

Appreciate the post Dillon, since I know you're not one to sugar coat it even if you've spent your own good money on this. I was going to give it a hard pass, but this has made me reconsider. Please share your further thoughts as you spend more time with it.

• Upvote 1

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

8 minutes ago, zihmer001 said:

I’ve got a bit of a remedial question here. I don’t see this plane as an option in SimBrief. What’s my best best solution?

The Max is basically a 737NG with a few tweaks, different powerplants and some FBW stuff to stop it doing a backflip owing to the funky thrust line of the LEAP engine placement, so I'd pick a 700/800, or even a 300/400 Classic, and it wouldn't be a million miles off. After all, this is not study sim bird to the point where it's gonna make a ton of difference. I'm not really flying it any differently than all of the sim NGs I've got.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

11 minutes ago, Chock said:

The Max is basically a 737NG with a few tweaks

I would think that if someone were to use a 737-800 profile the only real difference would be arriving with more fuel than planned assuming this model includes the higher fuel efficiency of the MAX.  On that same note if you were trying to do a flight that really stretches the MAX’s range a 737-800 profile might tell you it exceeds the -800’s range/fuel capacity.

Edited by regis9

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

25 minutes ago, regis9 said:

I would think that if someone were to use a 737-800 profile the only real difference would be arriving with more fuel than planned assuming this model includes the higher fuel efficiency of the MAX.  On that same note if you were trying to do a flight that really stretches the MAX’s range a 737-800 profile might tell you it exceeds the -800’s range/fuel capacity.

Sometimes the FMC on an airliner will tell you that the fuel range is not enough and requires you to bend the rules a bit or use a different planner, we can cheat a bit easier in a flight sim. But in real life we used to have to do that for real with some Thomas Cook A321s lol; these being the extended range ones which had an additional fuel tank that took up part of the forward area of the rear hold. The in-aircraft flight planner (MCDU) would often not accept flight plans to some north African destinations from the UK, as these were admittedly right on the ragged edge of the aeroplane's range when including diversionary fuel and so an external flight planner had to be employed in order to do stuff for the zig zag sheet.

It was one of these Thomas Cook extended-range A321 aeroplanes which had to return to EGCC a couple of years ago after it was struck by lightning over the Bay of Biscay. People were a bit mystified as to why it came all the way back to Manchester instead of going to a French airfield given that it was an emergency, but it was because it had to burn off a load of fuel it was unable to dump, and EGCC was where the airline had a maintenance facility and some spare aeroplanes to transfer the passengers onto, so whilst burning off fuel it made sense for it to go to its base instead of just flying in circles over the ocean.

Glad we can just move some sliders in the sim to mess with the fuel lol.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Thanks for the info @Chock

Edited by Ray Proudfoot
Please don’t quote long posts with one-line replies.

i7-10700k (OC at 5.05MHz) | EVGA 3090 FTW3 (24GB) | G.Skill RipJaws V Series 32GB RAM (Effective 3200MHz) | 1TB SSD M2 (Samsung EVO) | Corsair 850W Gold P/S | MSI MAG CoreLiquid 240R | MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Edge WiFi | Logitech Yoke and Throttle Quad | Logitech Saitek Rudders | Logitech Switch Panel | Thrustmaster T.Flight 4 HOTAS | HyperX Cloud Flight S Headset | 43” LG 43UN700B 4k monitor | HP Reverb G2 (VR)

Selling EVGA 2080 Super Ultra XC (8GB) - used for 3.5 months - PM me for info if interested!

My uncle taught me "how to fly" on MSFS95, got MSFS98 for a birthday, and I have been hooked ever since

4 hours ago, Chock said:

Definitely works on mine. Here I have just inserted the YES VOR (which is in Southern Spain) to a plan from EGCC to LFPG, which doesn't make much sense of course, but it was just a demo; it has queried whether I had abbreviated YESC, or I wanted that VOR, and when I chose the VOR, it puts that in and lights up the ACTIVATE button for me to okay that, so you can see it is definitely doing it in the way you normally can on an FMC:

nyaARXP.png

ciyBKFv.png

So if I want to be lazy, like I often often do, and just want to set up the FMC to go direct from one airport to another, how would I do it with this bird? I do this a lot with the PMDG bird and have never had an issue. I know it is unrealistic, but I often just want to skip all of the extra waypoints. 

Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

14 minutes ago, PilotPete99 said:

So if I want to be lazy, like I often often do, and just want to set up the FMC to go direct from one airport to another, how would I do it with this bird? I do this a lot with the PMDG bird and have never had an issue. I know it is unrealistic, but I often just want to skip all of the extra waypoints. 

Cheers, Pete

If I was wanting to be lazy and do that, I'd either do a direct route in the flight planner, or delete the waypoints I wanted to skip, on the FMC.

• Like 2

Alan Bradbury

1 hour ago, regis9 said:

I would think that if someone were to use a 737-800 profile the only real difference would be arriving with more fuel than planned assuming this model includes the higher fuel efficiency of the MAX.  

Yeah, I used the usual 737 flap schedule: 1 at 210, 5 at 190, 10 at 170, 15 at 150 gear down then added 25 at localizer capture and 30 at glide slope capture then kept speed to maintain a 4-5 degree nose up attitudes until the threshold hold, a bit for of flare 1-2 degrees and hold, throttles to idle and it settled pretty much like what I’ve experienced on any other 737 in other sims.

4 hours ago, Chock said:

Hey, I'm nothing if not cosmopolitan.

Hi. Do you have the A320nx mod installed together with the 737? Just wondering if reports of conflicts are correct

• Like 1

Nope, not got any mods in MSFS at all, just some legacy FSX and P3D aeroplanes I did myself, a couple of payware airports and some payware planes.

Alan Bradbury

1 hour ago, jarmstro said:

Hi. Do you have the A320nx mod installed together with the 737? Just wondering if reports of conflicts are correct

Hi, it seems to conflict with some airplanes.Not sure about A320NX but some FSX ported ones ,may also cause a conflict. I removed all the orher airplanes an then B737 works normal. (It was conflicting with one of them)

Intel i7-9700K - Asus Nvidia RTX 2080 Super - 32 Gb Ram - SSD Drive - Win10 x64 - Samsung 43" 4K TV

12 hours ago, Adamski_NZ said:

No ...... you need a fresh/original copy of the file!

Yeap, download the zip file.

Banner-FS2-Crew-Beta-Tester.jpg

t-l-chargement

5 hours ago, Chock said:

I did manage to get a replacement camera (thanks for breaking my old on Fifi lol). Of course when I do reviews for my channel, I also have to learn a new aeroplane-related song for the intro, and that's now done (involves some high notes to sing, not my strong point, lol), so recording that is this afternoon's mission. Stand by on your ear defenders. 🤣

In lieu of a song, perhaps a Poem?

Something along the lines of:

'Ode to Fifi'

Fifi wandered lonely as a cloud That floats on high o'er vales and hills, When all at once she saw a crowd, A host, of charging cables; Beside the lake, beneath the trees, Fluttering and dancing in the breeze. Continuous as the stars that shine And twinkle on the milky way, They stretched in never-ending line, from table to table

She bestrode them with a mighty leap, but proceeded to catch all around her feet.

A grasping crash therein ensued.

What Fifi uttered was extremely rude.

The guts of a camera hit the deck

Particulate marked the wreck

The noise brought Chock, full of wonder.

He took one look, tried not to chunder

Momentarily frozen to the spot, he realized his good fortune, was off like a shot

As Fifi lay there stunned & prone

Chock was reaching for his phone

He canvassed High Street in a thrice

Seeking the new camera, at the right price

The deal was done, he hurried home

In time to see Fifi, still prone

Could you move Dear?, he gently inquired.

I have a new camera, I have to get it wired!

T45

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1