Sign in to follow this  
DMullert

737 MAX Released for MSFS 2020 at Simmarket

4 hours ago, PilotPete99 said:

So if I want to be lazy, like I often often do, and just want to set up the FMC to go direct from one airport to another, how would I do it with this bird? I do this a lot with the PMDG bird and have never had an issue. I know it is unrealistic, but I often just want to skip all of the extra waypoints. 

Cheers, Pete

I just bought it and did a short test flight, and you can be very lazy with this one. I used MSFS flight planner only and didn't even touch the FMC except to tune Nav radio. Just selected LNAV in the AP and it followed the plan perfectly.

• Like 1

literally 47 pages on a $20 add on...   amazing

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

Just now, Mike S KPDX said:

If you condense it down to posts from people who've actually bought it, as opposed to people who haven't but are slagging it off anyway, it's only about three pages. 🤣

• Like 7

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

10 minutes ago, Mike S KPDX said:

Adobo/MS should be taking notes. There is massive demand even for a basic 737. So break out the 3d scanner and bring us a default one in a future update.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Chock said:

If you condense it down to posts from people who've actually bought it, as opposed to people who haven't but are slagging it off anyway, it's only about three pages. 🤣

I bought it and don’t like it, in fact I think it is a scam. 

What about all the posts from people who like it but just whining about people having a different opinion? It is a forum so people should be able to have a different opinion

Don’t understand me wrong I am glad a lot of people having fun with it. That is what this hobby is about isn’t it? In fact if you are happy to ride a lawn mower in the sim, be my guest!

Let’s try to get to 50 pages 🤪

Edited by rob0203
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 2/9/2021 at 2:32 PM, bendead said:

So seems the bought the external and cockpit model on turbosquid, but what about the gauges and systems from the MSFS B787, do they have the right to do that, and sell it to simmers who did not buy MSFS Deluxe?

Yeah I raised this on the official MSFS forums, didn't really get an answer. Interesting I would have thought this would have been a hot topic, I mean if you sold a scenery package with an Orbix hanger or Flytampa control tower in it, you'd be in trouble right?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, dtrjones said:

Yeah I raised this on the official MSFS forums, didn't really get an answer. Interesting I would have thought this would have been a hot topic, I mean if you sold a scenery package with an Orbix hanger or Flytampa control tower in it, you'd be in trouble right?

You can find the below on page 22 of this thread posted by kaosfere.

FWIW, I just got a mail back from the developer.  It says:

Hello Sir, Yes we are Microsoft partner and there are no problem to use default files, also because the aircraft will be' soon integrate in the pfficial market place,  the same was for eurofighter tha use many integrated games file and it is approved and on sell in the official market. We are a small development team and we know that the product is not perfect bu we wish your community can like this product and why not improve the functionality. 

Given that, especially as others have stated the Typhoon IS on the marketplace and apparently similarly reuses assets with Microsoft's approval, I can't think of any reason to question this assertion.  I definitely appreciate the rapid (and reasonable) response from the developer.

I think, unless there is actual action from the copyright holder to enforce their rights or a definitive reason to question the presence of an agreement that the developer says they have, one has to assume this is on the right side of the law.

In which case the argument about it reverts to whether or not what's there is worth the price, and I am not dipping back into that one because there is no good to be done there.

Edited by ark
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

They probably don't care because the addon is for MSFS. It's also not giving people the entire 787.

The Devs claim they're in contact with Asobo and they said it's fine.

The gauges also come with the base sim, they're not in the encrypted 787 data.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, dtrjones said:

Why would this be any diffferent than Carenado using the default Garmins in their planes?     Both have only used items from the standard files, not the encrypted ones.

I don't actually see any difference

Graham

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

System specs...   CPU AMD5950,  GPU AMD6900XT,  ROG crosshair VIII Hero motherboard, Corsair 64 gig LPX 3600 mem, Air cooling on GPU,   Kraken x pump cooling on CPU.  Samsung G7 curved 27" monitor at 2k resolution ULTRA default settings.

from Moria15, sorry, I screwed up the quote:

“Why would this be any diffferent than Carenado using the default Garmins in their planes?     Both have only used items from the standard files, not the encrypted ones.

I don't actually see any difference”

Ding ding ding.  We have a winner. Logic and truth rules the day eventually. 

Edited by SimPlaneDriver

Specs: I9-13900K, RTX 4090, 32gb Ram |Headsets: HP Reverb

3 minutes ago, Moria15 said:

Why would this be any diffferent than Carenado using the default Garmins in their planes?     Both have only used items from the standard files, not the encrypted ones.

I don't actually see any difference

Graham

The difference is the Garmins in the Carenado are available in the Standard version of MSFS and the 737 Max is using components from the 787 which isn't in the Standard version of the sim so not everybody will own those components.

4 minutes ago, dtrjones said:

The difference is the Garmins in the Carenado are available in the Standard version of MSFS and the 737 Max is using components from the 787 which isn't in the Standard version of the sim so not everybody will own those components.

not true..  if you look at the standard files all the parts used are in there.. the only part encrypted in the extended version are the actual plane model and liveries and config.  As with the 737, the 787 config uses standard parts.

Graham

Edited by Moria15
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

System specs...   CPU AMD5950,  GPU AMD6900XT,  ROG crosshair VIII Hero motherboard, Corsair 64 gig LPX 3600 mem, Air cooling on GPU,   Kraken x pump cooling on CPU.  Samsung G7 curved 27" monitor at 2k resolution ULTRA default settings.

1 hour ago, ark said:

Hello Sir, Yes we are Microsoft partner and there are no problem to use default files, also because the aircraft will be' soon integrate in the pfficial market place,  the same was for eurofighter tha use many integrated games file and it is approved and on sell in the official market. We are a small development team and we know that the product is not perfect bu we wish your community can like this product and why not improve the functionality. 

This is the news I was hoping to hear. I hope the people accepts this developer’s plane into community. It looks as though he encourages modders to expand his plane, especially with his asset reuse—which we all know is true. I do not wish to judge this guy, except to say he may be a freaking genius for getting this out before anyone else, hopefully, with the added benefit of allowing users to modify it. 

Edited by SimPlaneDriver
Additional thoughts
  • Like 1

Specs: I9-13900K, RTX 4090, 32gb Ram |Headsets: HP Reverb

46 minutes ago, ark said:

FWIW, I just got a mail back from the developer.  It says:

Ah well I guess in that case, we just have to take the developer for there word and trust they are being honest about what a 'default' file is - in this case it appears to be assets in any MSFS version. If MSFS has given approval then it's fine.

Edited by dtrjones

7 minutes ago, Moria15 said:

not true..  if you look at the standard files all the parts used are in there.. the only part encrypted in the extended version are the actual plane model and liveries and config.  As with the 737, the 787 config uses standard parts.

Graham

Fair enough, that's fine then, thanks for explaining that Graham! 👍

• Like 1