Sign in to follow this  
DMullert

737 MAX Released for MSFS 2020 at Simmarket

I can't find a United Airlines livery for the 737.

But this Airberlin livery is amazing.

BQHWInDz.png?width=1400&auto_optimize=me

• Like 5

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

I've had three flights in a row now where airspeed bounces between something plausible and a flat 30 knots.  No rhyme or reason for it, through all stages of flight.  Interestingly, mach and/or groundspeed seem to read out fine.  It seems like the probe/pitot heat switches are inop.  Any one have any idea what I'm doing wrong? 

-C

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, EVGA RTX3080 FTW3 Ultra, 64GB DDR4 @3600MHz

MSFS, XP11, XP12, DCS, IL-2, Falcon BMS, LMNOP

3 minutes ago, cmorg said:

I've had three flights in a row now where airspeed bounces between something plausible and a flat 30 knots.  No rhyme or reason for it, through all stages of flight.  Interestingly, mach and/or groundspeed seem to read out fine.  It seems like the probe/pitot heat switches are inop.  Any one have any idea what I'm doing wrong? 

Your pitot tube is iced up. SHIFT-H    and cntrl-h 

Edited by Manny

Manny

9 minutes ago, Manny said:

Your pitot tube is iced up. SHIFT-H    and cntrl-h 

So it has to be done by key bind?  Good to know.  I knew it was a pitot problem but the switches weren't clickable for me.  Thanks for the help, Manny.  I'll give it a shot.

• Like 1

-C

Maybe its a mod or fix they can make, it would be nice to focus on actual issues we can correct instead of the endless fighting going on.

Maybe we should start a new thread, on 737 mods or needed fixes, but the trolls will probably head in there too, trying to warn the people who bought the 737 how foolish we were, and do you tube reviews of the aircraft on pictures and other videos not owning it themselves.

The best one was the guy with the antiquated video card, complaining about the motors looking like silver discs, and the double cockpit lettering.   Maybe its time to upgrade that pentium 4, and 3dfx graphics card.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, karlz said:

Maybe its a mod or fix they can make, it would be nice to focus on actual issues we can correct instead of the endless fighting going on.

Maybe we should start a new thread, on 737 mods or needed fixes, but the trolls will probably head in there too, trying to warn the people who bought the 737 how foolish we were, and do you tube reviews of the aircraft on pictures and other videos not owning it themselves.

The best one was the guy with the antiquated video card, complaining about the motors looking like silver discs, and the double cockpit lettering.   Maybe its time to upgrade that pentium 4, and 3dfx graphics card.

Doubt it.. they have already moved onto the thread about the A330 before it's even been released 🙂

Graham

System specs...   CPU AMD5950,  GPU AMD6900XT,  ROG crosshair VIII Hero motherboard, Corsair 64 gig LPX 3600 mem, Air cooling on GPU,   Kraken x pump cooling on CPU.  Samsung G7 curved 27" monitor at 2k resolution ULTRA default settings.

1 hour ago, cmorg said:

So it has to be done by key bind?  Good to know.  I knew it was a pitot problem but the switches weren't clickable for me.  Thanks for the help, Manny.  I'll give it a shot.

Thank Graham. aka Moria15 who told me about this. He deserves the credit for this find.  🙂

Edited by Manny
  • Upvote 1

Manny

19 minutes ago, Manny said:

Thank Graham. aka Moria15 who told me about this. He deserves the credit for this find.  🙂

Thanks to both of you!  

• Like 1

-C

3 hours ago, Moria15 said:

Doubt it.. they have already moved onto the thread about the A330 before it's even been released 🙂

To everything, turn, turn, turn…

Edited by SimPlaneDriver
Fixed weird highlight

Specs: I9-13900K, RTX 4090, 32gb Ram |Headsets: HP Reverb

Here's my review of this thing on my youtube channel. And if you want to hear something funny about how people slag things off before they've even seen them, as this thread has shown, this video review of mine got a (negative) down vote from someone before it even was available to view, so they could not have known its content at that point lol. Which is mean of course, and stupid (but also hilarious), however, it just goes to show you how not everyone on the internet is nice by default and many of them are fearless keyboard warriors. 🤣

• Like 9

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I haven't watched the Chock video yet, & this is a left field approach, but I am curious about the demand for the 737. (.to highest D/L'd  livery is 773 D/L's as I write)

MSFS comes with an A320, which is an intercity passenger liner, as is the 737.

Is the demand because the A320 has deficiencies that the 737 overcomes?

Is it because its not an Airbus?

Is it because flyers have 'loyalties' akin to a Chevy owner won't buy a Ford?

& finally, has the 737 Developer indicated he will take on board pointed out 737 refinements that are necessary & do something about them, or if you buy it now, WYSIWYG, forever?

T45

38 minutes ago, Chock said:

Here's my review of this thing on my youtube channel. And if you want to hear something funny about how people slag things off before they've even seen them, as this thread has shown, this video review of mine got a (negative) down vote from someone before it even was available to view, so they could not have known its content at that point lol. Which is mean of course, and stupid (but also hilarious), however, it just goes to show you how not everyone on the internet is nice by default and many of them are fearless keyboard warriors. 🤣

I love the intro!

Cheers, Pete

• Like 2

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

Nice review, conversation Chock.

I completely agree, it is fine for $20. I too think there are a lot of idiotic knee-jerk reviews out there.

I like flying the Max, it feels right. Not study level, whatever that really means. But I don't care for $20.

Thanks Chuck. Keep the gear up, unless you are landing...

I love flying mine on 4 screens with a laptop on the side for plates. And I recommend it if you want a 737Max in FS2020.

Max.jpg

Edited by 177B
  • Like 1

Pit.jpg

Com GA Pilot, Retired • MSFS 2020 • Gigabyte 8th gen lga1151 motherboard z2370 hd3, i5 8600 8th gen 4.3ghz, Thermaltake 750w power supply, 4 x 8gb ddr4 dimm, MSI force GTO 1070 8gb ddr5, 4 SSD's • 4K main display with 3 HD displays, one is a touch screen. Often used as 3 1080P NVIDEA surround screens and one HD touchscreen for AirManager

44 minutes ago, Treetops45 said:

I haven't watched the Chock video yet, & this is a left field approach, but I am curious about the demand for the 737. (.to highest D/L'd  livery is 773 D/L's as I write)

MSFS comes with an A320, which is an intercity passenger liner, as is the 737.

Is the demand because the A320 has deficiencies that the 737 overcomes?

Is it because its not an Airbus?

Is it because flyers have 'loyalties' akin to a Chevy owner won't buy a Ford?

& finally, has the 737 Developer indicated he will take on board pointed out 737 refinements that are necessary & do something about them, or if you buy it now, WYSIWYG, forever?

T45

People just want a 737. That's the only reason to fork over $20 for an add-on that's worse than any of the default planes. It's a terrible value proposition unless you really want a 737, or maybe have no impulse control.