Sign in to follow this  
DMullert

737 MAX Released for MSFS 2020 at Simmarket

12 minutes ago, Chock said:

Looks like it ain't there any longer. Presumably some sort of licensing issue, it was a file named 'PaintingKit-B3D-737Max'. Maybe you could find it elsewhere with a search?

Having said that, I didn't use it to do my own repaint, I just did it the old fashioned way.

Thanks, Chock. I couldn't find the file you mentioned anywhere either. As you say - it's probably a licencing issue. I've never used Blender - much happier with layered .psd files. I'll see if I can find a relatively clear set of base textures to work with.

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

Just now, Adamski_NZ said:

Thanks, Chock. I couldn't find the file you mentioned anywhere either. As you say - it's probably a licencing issue. I've never used Blender - much happier with layered .psd files. I'll see if I can find a relatively clear set of base textures to work with.

What you can do is what I did. D/L the Qantas repaint and use that as a basic paint kit; it has the most white fuselage area and a plain colour on the tail area, so you can use that as a basic paint kit if you want to do a 2D paint in PS or Paint or whatever.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

15 minutes ago, Dillon said:

Where's this livery located?  I can't find it to download.

It's no livery..just DuckDuckGo search got me that jpg

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

1 hour ago, aniiran said:

Improvements stated have been made from what I see in V1.1

The most notable difference is performance and flight dynamics.  On final approach before id be on the ILS glide slope and had trouble slowing down even at 30 deg flaps and auto throttle set at 150kts.  The speed kept climbing. 

The thrust parameters and effect flaps have on drag seem better.  I watched a few max takeoff and landing videos.  I counted 4 seconds from full power to 40 kts and then 14secs to 80kts.  Then V2 occurred in the 140 kts to 150kts range at about 32-35 seconds after fullpower. The sim matches almost exactly. Climb out performance seems to be more in line with reality as well.  

I shot an ILS approach and noticed that speed would steadily tick down at flaps 30 and 800-900fpm until under 1000 I was maintain a steady 150kts.  

I have been compiling a list of things I would like to see fixed.

1. Change the transparency level of the HUD. it's too blurry.  And no it's not realistic.. Watch any 737 MAX video the HUD is crystal clear.

2. Fix the transparency level of the instruments on the over head, again blurry glass.

3. Fix the double texturing and wonky flickering of some of the illuminated buttons and displays.

4. Make the probe heat switch actually work so you don't have to hit shift H. He did the other Anti Ice switches so I can't figure out why he didn't do that one. 

5. Fix the protruding rear left side door on the exterior model.

6. Fix the paint kit so that painters can add winglets and paint the engines without strange UV mirroring issues.   Right now you can't paint logos or designs on the engines.  The pilot (left) side engine will be fine but the co-pilot (right) side will be mirrored and it appears rotated as well. Also, right now you can't paint the winglets inside or out.

7. Change the textures of some of the default objects used so that the bezels are a uniform color. Although, we may be able to do that in the community.

8. fix the gear down indicator lights.  They always look illuminated.  At least we have the gear handle modeled.

9. Tone down the shininess of the Throttle handle block.

Things that would be cool to see fixed but are unlikely:

1. Change the flap indicator from a 787/777 style one to the actual digital representation of the 737 classic with the flap notches arranged in a circle. 

2. Fix the fonts on the overhead he should be using Futura medium. The MCP and overhead look cheap because of the wrong font...among other issues. 

3. Change the default show case view out of the box.  I know we can edit the views but the current out of the box views are wonky and most new comers to fs don't want to screw around with aircraft cfgs.

4. get a REV indication when reverse thrust activated.

If those issues got fixed it would be a great airplane.

This is a great list.  I have communicated with Bredok via e-mail and he responds.  You do need to Google translate from English to Italian because he speaks Italian, but he responds rapidly.  Have you tried e-mailing him?  His e-mail is gbredok AT gmail DOT com.  Hope this helps.  I'm sure this addon won't get to the level of a PMDG (I might be wrong), but I'd like to see it mature and get better.  The heating probe issue is a freaking nightmare because I lose my speed immediately as soon as I start climbout and things go haywire from there.

Hope this helps.

Dennis

• Like 3

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

33 minutes ago, Treetops45 said:

Move the A320Mod to somewhere out of Community Folder & try again. (Chock mentioned he thought some switches might have come from the A320. The aircraft is a bit of a patchwork quilt)

I D/L 737 today, unzipped & copied into Community & have just done the v1.1 update in the same manner, without issue. (I don't have the A320Mod).

Another way to check is count how many Jets are listed in the MSFS Scenario set up Aircraft section, before & after installing 737. Should be 1 more after 737 added.

BTW, where did you purchase the 737?

T45

I purchased on Simmarket.

18 minutes ago, markmasterson said:

I purchased on Simmarket.

Ok

Suggest after you sideline the A320 Mod you delete 737 from the Community Folder, [assuming it is there]

Go back to your Simmarket order. It should show v1.1 now for the 737 downloadable zip file. (It updated this afternoon)

D/L, unzip & copy the 737 file back into Community.

(I D/L to 'D' SSD , unzip there & copy unzipped 737 to 'P' SSD drive, where Community Folder is located. Your Drive letters will probably be different.)

Fire up MSFS & see what you have.

Good luck.

T45

PS: If that works, put the A320Mod back into Community & see what happens

Edited by Treetops45

43 minutes ago, Manny said:

Dang... You had be excited for a minute, thought someone was finally getting some BBJ liveries done.  Please don't do that again unless it's a real livery.🙃

• Like 1

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Just now, Dillon said:

Dang... You had be excited for a minute, thought someone was finally getting some BBJ liveries done.  Please don't do that again unless it's a real livery.🙃

Sorry. I've requested for that on the TO comments.

I needed to know if that the right livery since I found a few variations to it. I amstill not clear.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

9 minutes ago, Manny said:

Sorry. I've requested for that on the TO comments.

I needed to know if that the right livery since I found a few variations to it. I amstill not clear.

The only problem I have with that paint is there's too many windows (just did a BBJ Max search and the airliner number of windows is what's depicted).  If we can get some liveries done that reduce the window count on the fuselage for BBJ paints that would look nice.  We'll see what happens.  The airliner paints are looking fantastic.  Maybe a MAX700 could be a possibility down the road from this developer.

Edited by Dillon
  • Like 1

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

6 hours ago, Chock said:

You can hear it call V1 on my review at about 46 minutes in, when on the take off roll as it gets to 110 knots.

You know it’s a true, in depth, Chock review video when the v1 call doesn’t happen until 46 minutes in 😁

Going to grab a few cold ones and take in in tonight!

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

37 minutes ago, regis9 said:

You know it’s a true, in depth, Chock review video when the v1 call doesn’t happen until 46 minutes in 😁

I fear asking Chock what time it is - I expect I will get a dissertation on how the clock works. 😆😆 ( Sorry Alan - couldn't resist)

I liked the review - in depth and informative.

• Like 2

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

30 minutes ago, vgbaron said:

I fear asking Chock what time it is - I expect I will get a dissertation on how the clock works. 😆😆 ( Sorry Alan - couldn't resist)

I liked the review - in depth and informative.

You know you can never tell someone what time it is exactly right? You look at a clock, see the light coming from it, which isn't instantaneous, comprehend that light as what the hands on the clock are indicating, then form the words to say what time it is, then say them, then the other person hears those words, comprehends them, and by the time all that has all happened, it isn't that time any longer. 🤣

However, despite all that, it's always time for a nice cup of tea.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

1 hour ago, Chock said:

You know you can never tell someone what time it is exactly right? You look at a clock, see the light coming from it, which isn't instantaneous, comprehend that light as what the hands on the clock are indicating, then form the words to say what time it is, then say them, then the other person hears those words, comprehends them, and by the time all that has all happened, it isn't that time any longer. 🤣

That's why when someone asks me what time it is, I always add 1923 milliseconds to what the clock actually says so it all comes out correct in the end! It's just like most things in flying, it just takes a little planning......   😉

Al

Edited by ark
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Manny said:

This BBJ is a nice clean livery.  Maybe someone will add it to the Request folder at flghtsim.to

Regards,

Ray

• Like 2

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

5 hours ago, regis9 said:

If you want a good laugh, read my reply to one of the negative comments on the video. That's the good thing about your own youtube channel comments; there's none of that 'word not allowed' stuff on there.

Accusing me of being 'shameful' in doing a video on this add-on and daring to suggest that I'm promoting a 'scam', he shouldn't be surprised to get both barrels from me, and that's exactly what he gets. 🤣

I don't mind anyone disagreeing with me, but I certainly do mind being accused of doing dodgy stuff for dishonest reasons. Plus I'll admit it's fun to let rip on someone. 😈

Edited by Chock
  • Like 3

Alan Bradbury