Sign in to follow this  
DMullert

737 MAX Released for MSFS 2020 at Simmarket

17 hours ago, Treetops45 said:

Move the A320Mod to somewhere out of Community Folder & try again. (Chock mentioned he thought some switches might have come from the A320. The aircraft is a bit of a patchwork quilt)

I D/L 737 today, unzipped & copied into Community & have just done the v1.1 update in the same manner, without issue. (I don't have the A320Mod).

Another way to check is count how many Jets are listed in the MSFS Scenario set up Aircraft section, before & after installing 737. Should be 1 more after 737 added.

BTW, where did you purchase the 737?

T45

I removed everything out of my community folder except for the bredok3d-boeing 737   v1.1   I still don't see it as a 4th plane?  Am I doing something wrong...Open to anyone that may have solved this.

step 2 I added the Airbus mod back and livaries and I see those in MSFS.  So I know I am using the right folder.?

Edited by markmasterson

1 hour ago, markmasterson said:

I removed everything out of my community folder except for the bredok3d-boeing 737   v1.1   I still don't see it as a 4th plane?  Am I doing something wrong...Open to anyone that may have solved this.

step 2 I added the Airbus mod back and livaries and I see those in MSFS.  So I know I am using the right folder.?

Bit of a head scratcher.

I will go & check my installation to see which 737 Folder/files should have gone into Community.

Stand by😀 (Allow about 30 minutes)

T45

1 hour ago, markmasterson said:

This may be a stupid question, but you did unzip it right?

If you did and it still does not work.

Quit FS. 

Restart computer.

Redownload the zip file.

Move it to an empty Community folder (empty folder first) then use 7Zip to "Unzip here". https://www.7-zip.org

Then delete the .zip file. Don't rename the created folder.

Restart FS and you should have the Max in the Airliner tab.

If this does not work, then I am at a loss. Make sure in Dev mode the Community folder that is checked is the one you put the 737 folder in.

I hope this helps.

Edited by 177B
  • Like 1

Pit.jpg

Com GA Pilot, Retired • MSFS 2020 • Gigabyte 8th gen lga1151 motherboard z2370 hd3, i5 8600 8th gen 4.3ghz, Thermaltake 750w power supply, 4 x 8gb ddr4 dimm, MSI force GTO 1070 8gb ddr5, 4 SSD's • 4K main display with 3 HD displays, one is a touch screen. Often used as 3 1080P NVIDEA surround screens and one HD touchscreen for AirManager

To add to the above

I unzipped the D/L ok with the Win10 standard unzipper, but 7zip handles the trickier ones.

After unzipping, copy:

bredok3D-boeing737, to your Community folder.

To check if you have the right files, click or double left click on bredok3D-boeing 737 in Community & you should see the following Folder/File structure.

Folders:

Content info

html_iu

MarketplaceData

ModelBehaviorDefs

Simobjects

Then files:

Business.json 1KB

layout.json 139KB

manifest.json 1KB

The 737 appears in the Aircraft Selection row as Boeing 737 Max

T45

PS: As a last resort, if above fails, try putting the unzipped 737 folder into the  Official/OneStore folder. Then Search 737 in the Aircraft Selection row.

I had something that would only show in the Official/OneStore folder.

Edited by Treetops45
  • Like 2

3 horas atrás, markmasterson disse:

Tirei tudo da minha pasta da comunidade, exceto o bredok3d-boeing 737 v1.1. Ainda não o vejo como um quarto avião? Estou fazendo algo errado ... Aberto a qualquer pessoa que possa ter resolvido isso.

passo 2 Eu adicionei o mod Airbus de volta e livaries e vejo isso no MSFS. Portanto, sei que estou usando uma pasta certa.?

Sorry but I can make a guess; it happened to me but visualize it at the moment: Next: In the unpacking generate two subfolders, the one that will be used and recognized by FS2020 (folder community) is the second that is inside the bredok ... V1.1

Edited by Baptista
verbal agreement

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

2 hours ago, 177B said:

This may be a stupid question, but you did unzip it right?

If you did and it still does not work.

Quit FS. 

Restart computer.

Redownload the zip file.

Move it to an empty Community folder (empty folder first) then use 7Zip to "Unzip here". https://www.7-zip.org

Then delete the .zip file. Don't rename the created folder.

Restart FS and you should have the Max in the Airliner tab.

If this does not work, then I am at a loss. Make sure in Dev mode the Community folder that is checked is the one you put the 737 folder in.

I hope this helps.

177b.   Not sure of the difference of the winzip and this installer.  But it worked.  I Cleared also in Treetops45 post.   But this time I used 7zip.  Worked.   Thank you for your help

Glad you got it sorted.

Over in Flightsim.to, Liveries, Other, Bredok3D 737, there are some neat liveries.

Unzip, 7zip looks the way to go, then place unzipped livery in Community & it should come up when you Select Aircraft/Boeing 737 Max, Liveries.

T45

• Like 1

This Plane is great, if the Dev keeps building on it which I hope they will it could be become the Payware Zibo of MSFS. It was updated on the 14th Feb. Look at my posts I lavish nothing but criticism on MSFS because I believe ASOBO dont want to cater to serious simmers. Yes this plane has issues, but its wayyyyy better than most in its flight dynamics. I really hope the Dev keeps updating it. I bought this plane today, did 3 flights already, even did the LICR 33 Approach (Which the SDK cant deal with) its very nice to hand fly. At the end of the day MSFS is a word not allowed at the moment, this add-on just needs some attention and it could be great, if the SDK was up to snuff it could be a ZIBO/PMDG lite. 

PMDG could of put something like this for $20/$30 dollars and said they will update it, but they did not, the real issue here is the SDK, ASOBO's tardiness on the SDK will be the downfall of the sim. The SDK should of been developed from the get go, they need to bring in the 3rd party devs, not Aerosoft and get the job done, the likes of PMDG, Toliss etc because they dont have clue I am sorry but they dont, they have done a great job but they need the pros for the rest. Give me a Job there and free reign to hire and fire and I promise within a year or year and a half you will have a sim that crushes XP11 on flight dynamics, and add-ons galore and a thriving 3rd party market with quality add-ons and happy simmers.

Edited by a321
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, a321 said:

PMDG could of put something like this for $20/$30 dollars and said they will update it, but they did not, the real issue here is the SDK, ASOBO's tardiness on the SDK will be the downfall of the sim. The SDK should of been developed from the get go, they need to bring in the 3rd party devs, not Aerosoft and get the job done, the likes of PMDG, Toliss etc because they dont have clue I am sorry but they dont, they have done a great job but they need the pros for the rest. Give me a Job there and free reign to hire and fire and I promise within a year or year and a half you will have a sim that crushes XP11 on flight dynamics, and add-ons galore and a thriving 3rd party market with quality add-ons and happy simmers.

That's funny, Asobo is promising the same thing and I believe they'll do their best to deliver.😎

I was with you on the first paragraph but this last one lost me.  When you look at how log it took Flight Simulator to get here (1980's until now) and every other SDK for every version ever made was never finished, you must be new to simming, this hobby, and this franchise.  Asobo has done an unbelievable job with this sim.  Seeing as it's a totally new platform (which people begged for for years) you can't expect everything overnight.  Right now it beats everything else out there even with an unfinished SDK.  I cut Asobo allot of slack because what they produced is phenomenal now.  You have to look at all this in it's entirety.  Go look at FS95 the first version for Windows, this has all been a progression in technology.  Seeing how to this day FSX can't run optimally and P3D which is refried FSX code still needs way more hardware than FS2020 to run (in other words) it's still a dog 🧐speaks volumes. I don't have to buy global scenery for FS2020 which saves me allot of money.  I applaud a sim that finally after Aces closed it's doors (circa 2008) can take full advantage of the latest hardware and run amazingly well.  No longer do we hear the excuse it's built for tomorrows hardware that's why it runs like word not allowed on release day.  The SDK is coming along but as you said PMDG could have took advantage of what we have now and not wait it out like Fligh1.  Asobo communicates with the community regularly which is unheard of with any other sim offering in the history of the hobby and franchise which speaks volumes to their commitment (and their Flight/Flightsim enthusiast on top of that).  You can't criticize this team, their the best we've ever had in this hobby.  If they need to take their time to make a great SDK then so be it....:ph34r:

Edited by Dillon
  • Like 5

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Some people will say nonsense just for the sake of it. It's of no substance PMDG and others will move into the sim eventually it will take them time just like it took them time "years" to get into FSX/P3D but some don't want to hear that, just spew out misinformation.

Now back to the topic on hand please.

• Like 2

Has anyone seen the issue with the 737 in a multiplayer flight where you can’t see the aircrafts fuselage but only the lights?  We tried same liveries, different liveries..  Its like the other person jet is invisible, I can only see their lights and name tag.

Edited by karlz

I've been on AVSIM the last 20 years. the only forum I  participate about simming. I stopped posting in Aerosoft forums since they told me I can't discuss free wares that enhances their products.    I don't want to abuse and post expletives' to  the f00ls who spew garbage.  I have to fight so hard to not say things I want to say. I am biting my tongue I am bleeding a river here... .. LOL 🙂

Edited by Manny
  • Like 5

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Elephant in the room... does it still work after the core software update, I haven’t seen this mentioned in the multiple update topics?