Sign in to follow this  
DMullert

737 MAX Released for MSFS 2020 at Simmarket

11 hours ago, aero943 said:

No callouts, am I the only one? I have read in this thread that they are there. V.1 and last MSFS update.

Note this from the developer, on the product page:

'All audios from P3D, FSX are compatible and can be (ADDED or REPLACE) to the package in the folder: MSFSCommunitybredok3d-boeing737SimObjectsAirplanesBoeing737sound

https://secure.simmarket.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=boeing+737+sound+p3d

To install the add-on sound please ask the package creator.'

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Thanks Chock.  On sale but not really what I am after as they seem the old generation (CFM-56) or just cockpit.

I quite like the sound of these new gen engines actually (default 747 are they?).  They are really not too bad.

If these 737 engines are LEAP though, I wonder why they didn't use the default A320 Neo sounds instead - I thought they were LEAP.

Edited by bobcat999

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

27 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

Thanks Chock.  On sale but not really what I am after as they seem the old generation (CFM-56) or just cockpit.

Yeah I wasn't really suggesting anyone had to use those specific sounds, more pointing out that sounds can evidently be swapped pretty easily and it appears the developer was facilitating that info in posting that on the product page.

Most of the time stuff like that is easy to do, you just have to point a config file at a sound file, but I suppose not everyone will be aware it is that easy to do.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 1

Alan Bradbury

4 hours ago, Chock said:

Note this from the developer, on the product page:

'All audios from P3D, FSX are compatible and can be (ADDED or REPLACE) to the package in the folder: MSFSCommunitybredok3d-boeing737SimObjectsAirplanesBoeing737sound

https://secure.simmarket.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=boeing+737+sound+p3d

To install the add-on sound please ask the package creator.'

Thanks for the response. Did you buy the sound pack and installed it? I thought the callouts were modeled in the package. I am just looking for the callouts which are not part of the latest version V1.1 I bought.

ASUS, Intel® Core™ i7-7700K, CPU 4.8GHz, NVIDIA GTX 1080Ti 11GB, 32GB RAM, 512GB SSD + 2TB HDD, ASUS 43" PG43UQ Monitor G-SYNC, LG UltraGear 27" GN850 G-SYNC

Nah, I've got lots of 737s already which I could take sounds from if I wanted to, but personally I get all the callouts I need from MCE.

Alan Bradbury

Sorry, but what's MCE?

ASUS, Intel® Core™ i7-7700K, CPU 4.8GHz, NVIDIA GTX 1080Ti 11GB, 32GB RAM, 512GB SSD + 2TB HDD, ASUS 43" PG43UQ Monitor G-SYNC, LG UltraGear 27" GN850 G-SYNC

So, is this bird worth getting?

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

2 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Yes!

Duck for incoming! 👀

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, aero943 said:

Sorry, but what's MCE?

Multi crew experience

Paul

BeQuiet Pure Base 500 FX - MSI Mag Tomahawk B760 - i5 13600k @ 5.1ghz - 32GB RAM - RTX 3060 12GB  -  32f (31.5" ) Full HD Monitor - TCA Officer Pack - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke -  Logitech Multi Panel

1 hour ago, DJJose said:

I know you like taking your screenshots.  It is great for this with all of the fantastic paints coming out on flightsim.to.  Then if you want to fly it, it is easy and feels good.
If you are a 100% accurate systems guy, then forget it, but it is near enough for me. 

I tend to think you can have both types of aircraft in MSFS. One type with shallow systems for a quick flight and a bit of fun, and the other type if you want to go through the checklists.

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

4 hours ago, garlicbread11 said:

Multi crew experience

Thank you, but my question still remains how can I install the callouts, which are missing from v1.1?

PS.After reinstalling the callouts work.

Edited by aero943

Here is an unbiased down to earth review of the Max.

This is pretty much how I feel about there Max in FS2020.

It will be nice if some more functionality becomes available, but in the mean time it is very enjoyable.

• Like 2

Pit.jpg

Com GA Pilot, Retired • MSFS 2020 • Gigabyte 8th gen lga1151 motherboard z2370 hd3, i5 8600 8th gen 4.3ghz, Thermaltake 750w power supply, 4 x 8gb ddr4 dimm, MSI force GTO 1070 8gb ddr5, 4 SSD's • 4K main display with 3 HD displays, one is a touch screen. Often used as 3 1080P NVIDEA surround screens and one HD touchscreen for AirManager

Nice, sober review without the usual word not allowed and histrionics. Glad to see that the plane does do lnav and vnav, does an ils, and <250 at <10000 feet. 

20 bucks. You're getting your money's worth. 

Still no bbj livery, though. 

Maria Zambrano freezing her way from Minsk to Kastrup.

AP all the way. MSFS Live Weather.

Beautiful flight.

T45

aa-8.jpg

aa-9.jpg

• Like 1

@177B

Thanks for the video. Eventually you get for what you are paying for, and since the 737 was missing "beggars can't be choosers". Happy flying