Sign in to follow this  
rwy12

Best monitor help for RTX3090.

Hi Everyone,

I have been lucky to get the above card recently .

Can fellow simmers please advise the best monitor for this type of card.

I had the dell U3818DW from work ,it needs to go back due to covid crisis.

Google search  recommends LG 34GN850-B. This is a 34'' monitor at 1440p.

I will be grateful for you comments on this or any other recommendations.

Are 4K monitors any good for msfs2020.

I mostly play msfs2020.

Many thanks .

Qas

Best is going to be quiet subjective depending on price and desired features. I personally ended up with a 55” 4K tv instead of the monitor as it best fit my needs: size, picture quality and ability to hook up other devices easily in my man cave.

Nick Silver

http://www.youtube.com/user/socalf1fan

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb ddr4 3200mhz ram, RTX 3080 FE, HP Reverb G2 v2, 4K Tv Monitor

That card would be a waste at 1440p.  4k all the way.  

i9-10900k * 64GB 3600MHz Ram * RTX 3090 running 3 75" 4k displays smoothly.  

Full 737 MAX enclosed cockpit from FDS

Were you happy with the Dell? I recently got the Dell Alienware AW3821DW which would be the newer version of what you had and would recommend that. There's also a comparable LG 38" one which has got good reviews. Those monitors would sit in between a 2k and 4k screen for performance demand - I use a 2080ti and it drives the 3840x1600 fine at ultra so a 3090 would crush it.

Of course with a 3090 you could go ahead and get a 4K screen as that card is meant to drive 4k. I've never had one so can't really comment on how good it'd be but I'd imagine it looks great. There's no ultrawide 4K monitors just yet though in case you like that form factor. For me I wouldn't want to go with a 55" 4K TV as I use my PC for work and it just wouldn't fit where I sit so the 38" is perfect for me. So depends really on the setup that you want.

There's also the Samsung G9 which I was tempted with but I was put off by the quality control issues - seems a bit of a lottery. For flight sims I liked the extra vertical resolution in the 38" compared to the regular 1440 for most ultrawides.

I run mine on a 43in 4K Sony TV. The 3090 loves 4K. 

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

I use a Viewsonic 32" 4K (VP3268-4K) with my RTX 3090. Perfection.

I'd recommend a 32" 4K monitor. Depends on desk space and what you might use it for. Like this one, for example.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

Hi Everyone

Many thanks for all your comments and advise.

Tektolnes- The dell was excellent, it had excellent clarity and so much space...just brilliant. No issues with sims.

I am tempted to get a 32 inch 4K TV-desk space is big issue for me, I have to hang them on wall.

Any thoughts on how does msfs2020 run on a 4k tv- Many people say TV's are not very good for simming.

If I decide to get a monitor than it will be the Viewsonic 32" 4K.

many thanks gain.

Qas

On 2/9/2021 at 7:42 AM, rwy12 said:

Hi Everyone

Many thanks for all your comments and advise.

Any thoughts on how does msfs2020 run on a 4k tv- Many people say TV's are not very good for simming.

many thanks gain.

Qas

A cheap tv is not the best for simming. But if you do your homework and buy a decent set that supports chroma 4:4:4, has a very low input latency with pc mode and has the inputs/features you want then it is an amazing alternative to a monitor. I spent a bunch of time looking at different brands models and sizes of tv and monitor before I settled on my 55” tv that is wall mounted in front of my desk. 

I sit pretty close which is amazing for sim games...terrrible for most other games as well as normal work type functions.

pros and cons to everything.

Nick Silver

http://www.youtube.com/user/socalf1fan

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb ddr4 3200mhz ram, RTX 3080 FE, HP Reverb G2 v2, 4K Tv Monitor

Hi Everyone

Once again many thanks for all your comments.

I decided against the TV, I tried playing msfs  on the family  4k TV. Although the image quality was outstanding,the text in other programs was not very clear. The font size needs to be 300% for perfection.This makes everything too big. Anything less was blurry.

I have ordered the  LG 35WN65C-B 35" IPS UWQHD Free Sync Monitor. 

I should get it within next few days,I hope.

I will share my thoughts on it with you guys next few weeks.

All the best .

Qas

Is that monitor G-Sync compatible? If you're going with a 3090 it might be best to pair it with a monitor that is at least G-Sync compatible.

• Upvote 1

On 2/12/2021 at 11:24 AM, rwy12 said:

Hi Everyone

Once again many thanks for all your comments.

I decided against the TV, I tried playing msfs  on the family  4k TV. Although the image quality was outstanding,the text in other programs was not very clear. The font size needs to be 300% for perfection.This makes everything too big. Anything less was blurry.

I have ordered the  LG 35WN65C-B 35" IPS UWQHD Free Sync Monitor. 

I should get it within next few days,I hope.

I will share my thoughts on it with you guys next few weeks.

All the best .

Qas

Be sure it has G-Sync

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

On 2/8/2021 at 1:33 PM, rwy12 said:

Hi Everyone,

I have been lucky to get the above card recently .

Can fellow simmers please advise the best monitor for this type of card.

I had the dell U3818DW from work ,it needs to go back due to covid crisis.

Google search  recommends LG 34GN850-B. This is a 34'' monitor at 1440p.

I will be grateful for you comments on this or any other recommendations.

Are 4K monitors any good for msfs2020.

I mostly play msfs2020.

Many thanks .

Qas

I have a Dell 1440p and use it for MSFS and it's great.  It's not g-sync, but fortunately it does accommodate 30Hz refresh so I vsync to 30Hz and it's very smooth w/ ample CPU headroom for PMDG. heavies.

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

@rwy12, as others had said the 3090 is best suited to 4K. The monitor you have chosen has only 1440 vertical pixels compared to 2160 for 4K - 50% more.

You're only using a fraction of the 3090’s power. But if you want ultra-wide then you have to go with 1440. Did you consider 16:9 32” 4K monitors?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

hi everyone

Luckily the  LG 35WN65C-B 35" had gone out stock by the time my order got processed.

Reading the advice from everybody I have definitely  decided on a 4K monitor.

I am happy with anything above 32''.

Is there any particularly good one.

Many thank.

Qas

@rwy12, good decision. You haven’t given a budget but owning a 3090 I’ll assume you’re flexible.

I googled IPS 4K monitors and this site came back.

https://www.t3.com/news/best-4k-monitors

If you find a suitable one go to the manufacturers website and download the user manual. Scroll to the end where all the supported resolutions and refresh rates are shown. Look for 30Hz. That is extremely useful in getting smooth performance in any sim. Most of the best ones will support that at 3840*2160.

Im very happy with my BenQ PD3200 monitor which is listed. Remember, a quality monitor will last many years.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather