Sign in to follow this  
helberger

Samsung Odyssey G7 32-inch 1000R Curved Monitor

Hello,

Is anyone familiar with this type of monitor?? Considering either the 32" or the 27" due to lack of space.

I have an old Samsung 27" 1920x1080 now and like to get something better and I do like Samsung stuff. At the moment I only have the EVGA 1070SC 8 GB card

which I will upgrade if and when 30 series cards are available.

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/samsung-odyssey-g7

Any opinions??

Thanks

My System: Intel 9700K 4.7Gz, ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming, 32 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHZ, Evga 3070TI  8GB, Noctua NH-D15S, Gigabyte 27" Monitor, Windows 10 64bit, 2xSamsung 500GB SSD, 1x Samsung 120GB, 1x Samsung 970, 1TB, 1TB H/D for Storage.

Helmut Berger

Its a nice monitor.

You cannot go wrong with Samsung.

The specs are good, 2K with HDR, curved screen.

The curved screen with definitely will give you immersions 

If wide aspect ratios isn't something you are looking for (21:9/Ultra Wide HD) then this is a good one.

16 hours ago, avistudent said:

Its a nice monitor.

You cannot go wrong with Samsung.

The specs are good, 2K with HDR, curved screen.

The curved screen with definitely will give you immersions 

If wide aspect ratios isn't something you are looking for (21:9/Ultra Wide HD) then this is a good one.

Thanks for your reply, spend a lot of time looking at other monitors and this one caught my interest. We are at a lockdown here so I can't take a look

at one in the store.

My System: Intel 9700K 4.7Gz, ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming, 32 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHZ, Evga 3070TI  8GB, Noctua NH-D15S, Gigabyte 27" Monitor, Windows 10 64bit, 2xSamsung 500GB SSD, 1x Samsung 120GB, 1x Samsung 970, 1TB, 1TB H/D for Storage.

Helmut Berger

Yeah, same here.

Seeing your location, you located in Canada?

If you are, Canada computers (bigger store) has many monitors on display for the size you are looking for.

I have the the 32-inch G7 version and I couldn't be happier. Its great in pretty much all aspects and to me deserves a perfect score. I came from a 35-inch Ultrawide BenQ and went back to widescreen due to better compability with some games I like and I don't really miss the UW at all. If you decide to get it, make sure to get the latest firmware(1009.3) so you don't suffer the flickering issue when using G-sync. For some, the 1000R takes some getting used to, but for me coming from 1500R it wasn't such a huge difference.

Edited by Bionor

Ryzen 9 5900X || Gigabyte RTX 4090 Windforce 24G || G.Skill TridentZ 32GB@3600CL16 || Asus ROG Strix Gaming-E X570
XPG SX8200 Pro 2TB M.2 NVMe || Corsair iCUE H115i PRO XT || Phanteks Eclipse P500A D-RGB || Phanteks Revolt Pro 1000W
Gigabyte 43'' FV43U 4k@144hz || X55 Rhino || G27 || Oculus Quest 2 || Turtle Beach Velocity One

Thanks for the replies, much appreciated, I have one other question regarding this monitor, how difficult is it to get used to a curved monitor? eye strain,

neck etc, I have never used one.

Thanks

Edited by helberger

Helmut Berger

I think that will be individual for each usecase. For me personally it didn't take any getting used to at all. The 1000R is designed to match your eyecurve when sitting at aprox 1m from the monitor, so if you are sitting far away, the curve might a little to much. Regardless, there is zero eye strain or any other physical issues, it works just as any other monitor.

Edited by Bionor

Ryzen 9 5900X || Gigabyte RTX 4090 Windforce 24G || G.Skill TridentZ 32GB@3600CL16 || Asus ROG Strix Gaming-E X570
XPG SX8200 Pro 2TB M.2 NVMe || Corsair iCUE H115i PRO XT || Phanteks Eclipse P500A D-RGB || Phanteks Revolt Pro 1000W
Gigabyte 43'' FV43U 4k@144hz || X55 Rhino || G27 || Oculus Quest 2 || Turtle Beach Velocity One

21 hours ago, Bionor said:

I think that will be individual for each usecase. For me personally it didn't take any getting used to at all. The 1000R is designed to match your eyecurve when sitting at aprox 1m from the monitor, so if you are sitting far away, the curve might a little to much. Regardless, there is zero eye strain or any other physical issues, it works just as any other monitor.

Thanks for your reply, I am sitting about a meter away form my current screen to to eyesight, I find that I have a bit of eye strain at the moment (maybe age related) so looking forward to picking one up as soon as possible. Not easy now due to the lock down here.

Thanks

Helmut Berger

I'm also interested but seems expensive for a VA panel? Isn't IPS supposed to be much better?

MSFS. Hardware: AMD 5600X @4.0Ghz, Corsair H100i RGB Pro XT AIO, MSI MPG B550i Gaming Edge WiFi mobo, RTX 3080ti 12GB FE GPU , G.Skill TridentZ Royal 32GB (2x16) DDR4-3600 RAM CL16, PNY XLR8 3030 1 TB SSD (OS + SIM), Crucial P5 1TB M.2 pcie-3 NVMe SSD (data) . Corsair SF750 80+ Platinum PSU, NZXT H200i Mini ITX Tower.  38" LG UltraGear  38GN950-B display. 4x QL120 fans