Sign in to follow this  
Ianrivaldosmith

Seafront simulations

13 minutes ago, superspud said:

Weird. Like I said the only thing that's changed is a bunch of deleted items. Maybe the spike thing doesn't like projects compiled since it was created. 

The level of detail on some of these boats is on lavish side. Some of the fancy motor yachts have proper interiors. Just goes to show how much the sim can handle. 

lWigver.png

Looks like that one is lost in California 🙂 

49 minutes ago, DJJose said:

That's what I figured that the spike mod was causing the elevation problem. It worked with 1.7, but with your latest version, I have the issue. The spikes mod is too important right now, so I'll use v1.7 for now. Let's see what is fixed or broken with world update 3. Thanks for all your help.

So the main file was compiled with the wrong scenery folder selected so all the terrain was missing. That's now cured. The Seafront Sims version has been fine all along, for me at least, which is what I was testing. 

The main file is now compiled correctly and reuploaded. 

Edited by superspud
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, superspud said:

So the main file was compiled with the wrong scenery folder selected so all the terrain was missing. That's now cured. The Seafront Sims version has been fine all along, for me at least, which is what I was testing. 

The main file is now compiled correctly and reuploaded. 

Awesome. Glad you found a solution.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Downloaded version 1.8 of Superspuds Channel Islands Scenery along with ORBX Central and Seafront-Simulations and had a quick flight around the coast of Jersey. All seems to be working perfectly for me.  I'll have a look at the other islands and do a bit of island hopping tomorrow and post any issues I find (though nor really expecting any).

In FSX, there was little or no mesh under the Channel Islands and the stuff available on line didn't match the textures, which is how I learned to write my own custom mesh files.  That was about 6 years ago and I've pretty much forgotten it all now, so will have to learn it all again along with a lot of new stuff specific to MSFS2020.  Still, it's all good fun.

The only problem I have now is that I'm having to resist the temptation to purchase a load of other ORBX stuff (the ORBX stuff I had on FSX was pretty amazing).

• Like 1

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

There are no elevations in Bing Maps either and I expect nothing happens until they're present there which likely means the UK update won't deliver anything. A few miles away in France all is fine. 

It could really do with some way of uploading proper external elevation data points into the SDK for it to build. It can't be that hard. 

I've seen people moaning about this not being a boat simulator. That's weird. I'm loving the extra boats but maybe I'm a niche audience. 

Edited by superspud
  • Like 4

@superspud so there are two versions for download from flightsim.to - I assume we go for the seafront simulations download for it to be compatible?

Thomas Derbyshire

Yes. That gets rid of all the stock boats and pontoons I put in and leaves a Condor Liberation and lifeboat in there. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Noooch said:

Agreed, please vote here if you want this to be handled by Azure worldwide

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/train-the-ai-to-generate-boats-on-top-on-satellite-imagery/353597/4

What's interesting, is there is a static boat right off the north end of the default Hong Kong International Airport, on top of a boat that's in the satellite imagery.

It seems completely random. I haven't seen that anywhere else.

Edited by Tuskin38

13 minutes ago, superspud said:

Yes. That gets rid of all the stock boats and pontoons I put in and leaves a Condor Liberation and lifeboat in there. 

Nice work! This sim gets better daily because of creators like you.

• Like 6

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

41 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Nice work! This sim gets better daily because of creators like you.

This sim has only one issue. The excellent addons are developing so quickly that I have difficulty to keep pace. 

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 6

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

11 hours ago, Noooch said:

I think the best way is to report such things, they surely want to constantly improve their AI

I’m hoping they’re working more towards the AI learning without human correction. We’re gonna be submitting a lot of Zendesk tickets if not.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

This looks great. If they make the Vancouver/Victoria/Seattle areas I'll be buying them! Then Bay Area and Southern California coasts! 

I've love to see someone improving coastlines, shallow water features, etc. Way too many coasts look like pretty bad. 

• Like 1