Sign in to follow this  
FilbertFlies

TUTORIAL: Working Title Cessna Citation CJ4 Complete Lesson

Hi everyone

Ive posted this earlier today.....anyone experience this....any advice please wud be appricieted...I will watch the video for sure, I just recently subcribed to your channel Mr Filbert, absolutley brilliant content....Brilliant!

So I've been flying this awesome plane now for a few days but I don't think the anti ice is working correctly, I have it to on in the fmc and also the anti ice switched to on in the fligjtdeck but still it ices up and I end up having to land the plane with icing still on the windshield and it takes about 30 mins for it to melt and this is in live weather by the way. In the TBM after putting on the anti ice it would clear pretty much in a few seconds but not in the CJ4..  I don't get it??  I fly 100% live weather every flight....anyone advise me here... thanks. I have the latest release 10.2 installed.

Regards

Paul

EGCC

• Like 1

Regards

Paul EGCC

So I've been flying this awesome plane now for a few days but I don't think the anti ice is working correctly,

Ice & Ice buildup is a fundamental problem in the sim.  My XCub has fallen from the sky covered with ice in clear weather and 15°C and RH <50%.  Other times, as you mention I land when covered with ice and 30-minutes later it has not melted while parked in the Arizona desert in mid-July and 30° C outside.

The same problems you describe have occurred on four other sim planes I have flown in conditions where NO ice should be possible. 

Even if the CJ4 anti-ice were working properly, I don't think it could cope with the ice buildup. 

On the other hand, I have flown the CJ4 thru heavy clouds at -4° C for extended periods with NO ice buildup of any kind and the anti-ice systems not activated.

None of it makes sense.

i7-9700K @4.9 GHz  / Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Mobo / 32 GB DDR4 / RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU / AORUS FO48U 4k display
 SSD for Drive C and another SSD dedicate to Flight Sim / 1 GB Comcast Xfinity Internet connection / HP Reverb G2 / Tobii 5 Head & Eye Tracking

read about me and my sailing adventures at www.svmirador.net/WebsiteOne/ or at Flickr TacomaSailor

Might have to just put up with it then until it can be fixed.....bugger.......cause it spoils my flights! hopefully I will get a few more answers in this thread over the coming hours....hope so! Thank you

Regards

Paul EGCC

Fantastic, thanks!

• Like 1

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

Just wanted to chime in and say, doing this with @mrfilbert was an absolute blast, and I had such a great time.

We hope folks get some mileage out of it, and don't mind listening to me geek out about the plane and systems.

Just so much fun. Can't thank FilbertFlies enough for the opportunity.

-Matt

• Like 11
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, MattNischan said:

Just wanted to chime in and say, doing this with @mrfilbert was an absolute blast, and I had such a great time.

We hope folks get some mileage out of it, and don't mind listening to me geek out about the plane and systems.

Just so much fun. Can't thank FilbertFlies enough for the opportunity.

-Matt

So much to be proud of!

In other news the CJ4 Gen2 was announced, and evidently you will not have to re-write the entire panel... just the interior 🙂

https://www.avweb.com/aviation-news/new-interior-highlights-cessna-cj4-gen2/

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

Many thanks for this thorough tutorial! The CJ4 and the Bonanza (with R. Young mod) are definitively the airplanes I enjoy most in MSFS! 

Thanks to @mrfilbert

• Like 1

Edmundo Azevedo

I watched from start to finish, liked - subscribed. What a fantastic video, I learned a lot, thank you.

• Like 1

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

18 hours ago, tull said:

Hi everyone

Ive posted this earlier today.....anyone experience this....any advice please wud be appricieted...I will watch the video for sure, I just recently subcribed to your channel Mr Filbert, absolutley brilliant content....Brilliant!

So I've been flying this awesome plane now for a few days but I don't think the anti ice is working correctly, I have it to on in the fmc and also the anti ice switched to on in the fligjtdeck but still it ices up and I end up having to land the plane with icing still on the windshield and it takes about 30 mins for it to melt and this is in live weather by the way. In the TBM after putting on the anti ice it would clear pretty much in a few seconds but not in the CJ4..  I don't get it??  I fly 100% live weather every flight....anyone advise me here... thanks. I have the latest release 10.2 installed.

Regards

Paul

EGCC

There is no option to turn Anti Ice on or off in the FMC as far as I know.

The Anti-ice of the windshield is turn on automaticaly with the Working Title mod (as in real life in the CJ4) so you shoulden't have ice build up on the windshield. I have made several flight in severe icing conditions and no ice on the windshield while some ice was building up on the wing.

When I turn on the anti ice for the wing it works as intended in the sense that is limit the building of ice (it does not disapear totaly though) and I can fly the plane normaly.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

@MattNischan and I filmed a short supplementary lesson yesterday, looking at how to fly VOR approaches. In this video, Matt takes me through the VOR Z approach to Runway 8 at Rhodes twice, first flying it as an FMS-coupled approach and then flying it manually, relying on the VORs and charts, I also took it upon myself to demonstrate the perils of 'skill fade' in this one, as a warning to others. 😉

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

spacer.png
filbertflies.comYouTube | Twitch

i7 13700k, GeForce RTX 3080Ti, 32GB RAM

How to download from github? It looks like it's more complicated than the flight itself