Sign in to follow this  
cnc3

Using numpad vs top row numbers for custom views

I have been trying to get custom views mapped to my numpad number array vs the top row number set with no luck.

This is where you do left-ctrl/left-alt and then a number to store the view and then left-alt number to set the view.

I can map the views to the top row of numbers on my keyboard, so I know that this is working but I cannot map the views to the numpad array. Is this expected behavior? I have tried with NumLock set and NumLock not set and it makes no difference. Is there some configuration setting I need to check to accept the numpad values?

Any suggestions on making this work would be great.

Thanks

-david-

Cheers!

David Haynes

Hello David.

Not sure if this is possible, as I haven't tried it myself, but you should be able to change them to anything, but you might need to do it from your keyboard profile in controls.

Go to cockpit cameras, then scroll to custom camera views (should be listed alt-1 to alt-9) and click on the alt-1 so it asks for a new key combination, then type in 1 from the number pad and see how it goes.  If it works you can do the rest.

Be careful in case some of the number pad is assigned to something else important. If so you may have to make a note and reassign them out of the way.

Let us know how it goes! I was going to do this as I was used to the xplane cameras, but I got used to the top row keys anyway after a while.

Edited by bobcat999

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Hi cn3,

I like the views assigned to the numbers keyboard as well.

I cleared the values in the keyboard (check this in options), then after i selected a cockpit view I did  the ctrl/alt # bit. To me it is a lot easier to select one key for a frequently used view than using two keys.

I hope this helps.

Jim Morgan

Thanks guys. You put me on  the right track.

The trick (to me) is that you need to bind a 'load custom camera n' command to a numpad key. Then you enter the cockpit and re-adjust your camera and press 'left-ctrl/left-alt n' to map the camera to be custom camera 'n'. Now, if you press the numpad key, it will load custom camera 'n' which has the correct view associated with it.

For example, I mapped 'load custom camera 0' to 'numpad /'. I then set the cockpit camera view to the overhead panel and pressed left-ctrl/left-alt 0 to bind the overhead view to custom camera '0'. Now when I press '/' on the numpad, it invoked custom camera 0 which is the overhead panel.

Yay! Now i can map views like I have them set in Chaseplane and not have to learn a second set of muscle movements.

Edited by cnc3
  • Like 1

Cheers!

David Haynes