Sign in to follow this  
Bluescaster

Duplication of Gauges FS9

Hi All,

I've search around here and elsewhere and can find plenty of Posts re. 'Duplication' of AFCADs and Textures/Files BUT I 've been unable to locate any info. on Duplicate Gauge (.gau) files appearing in the Gauges folder of FS9.

I almost invariably use FS9 and have done for years - very good it it too:-)  Lately (for a computer Numpty,) I've been getting rather daring; dipping into various files to see how it all goes together. Now, I noticed that there were a lot of Duplicate .gau files in my Gauges folder and began wondering if that might cause the odd 'glitch' I've had.

The long story short,  I backed up and experimented (very daring!) by just deleting them. All seemed to work as normal and so I kept the Gauges Folder without the Duplicates. However, I later looked back into the Gauges Folder again and found that the Duplicate Gauge files I'd deleted, were now back in the Gauges folder. Very strange!!

Can anyone shed any light on this at all please? It may be it is supposed to be this way but it seems strange. My FS9 seems to work OK and I'm not sure deleting the Duplicates helped with the odd glitch but it hasn't happened of late??? 

If all this is actually a problem, (as opposed to normal action of the Sim.) does anyone know how/why it happens and what would you recommend I should do about it?

I couldn't  'Copy' any of the files here as an example (maybe someone could tell me how to do that?)  but I will try to write below what the duplications look like:

Beau_Airspeed.gau

BEAU_AIRSPEED_0001.GAU (Duplicates appear in upper case like this)

Beau_Altimeter.gau

BEAU_ALTIMETER_0001.GAU

Beau_Attitude.gau

BEAU_ATTITUDE_0001.GAU   .................  these continue and are all different gauge files throughout the Gauges Folder, seemingly at randon. Often there is more than one duplicate and subsequent duplicates seem to be numbered ......0001 and the next 0002..... etc.etc.

Any help or observations gratefully received.

Kind Regards,

Blue.

I probably would not worry about them.  Especially if they have different numbers assigned to them.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Blue,

I've been deleting these duplicate gauges every time I saw them and for as long as I can remember but most of them somehow and for whatever reason, automatically became duplicated again whenever I wasn't looking. However, these duplicates present no problems, only larger (panel) folder sizes.

Don't worry about them.

Hans

Hello Hans,

Many thanks for taking the trouble to respond to my query, in particular to explain you too have noticed this strange occurence. At least now I can take comfort it is not something I've disturbed in my program/system! Also that deleting them is not a wholly prohibited exercise:-)

Thanks again - Stay Safe.

Kind Regards,

Blue