Hello guys!

I've noticed that around the neutral position there is quite some (mechanical) dead zone on my joystick. It also acts a little "jumpy" when moving it.

This was not so much of a problem until I started using MSFS, which is quite sensitive to user inputs. So my question - what joystick would you recommend that offers a good resolution overall and especially around the neutral position?

It should not be too expensive (<200$).

Thanks in advance!

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

You could look into the VKB NXT stick. Comes in at $150 if you're in the US. I use the VKB Gunfighter myself and it's great but a bit on the pricey side. The NXT is aimed at a price level below but from what I've heard people love how smooth it is. You can check out some reviews on Reddit and Youtube to get a better idea.

After my Thrustmaster T16000 stick broke (the yaw z-axis potentiometer) last month, I vowed never buy a pot-based flying axis controller again. I chose the VKB NXT which uses hall-effect sensors 

along with single bi-directional springs for each of the three axes controls . Gimbals are greased for authentic feel .  For HOTAS use I have the TWCS  throttle. The stick does have a throttle slider though.

USA buyers can get this nice Flightstick NXT for under $200 (which includes shipping via FEDEX). May take two weeks (worth it). More info in Reditt forums and VKB website.

Dave Swigert

WIN 10/  i7-9700K@4.8 GHz/ 32 GB ram/ BENQ BL3200 monitor/ NVIDIA GTX1080 TI video

On 2/10/2021 at 6:37 PM, Tektolnes said:

You could look into the VKB NXT stick.

Always on back order so good luck.

spacer.png

53 minutes ago, Boomer said:

Always on back order so good luck.

It's listed as in stock at the moment on the US site - it'll take 1-2 weeks to arrive but that's not too bad. The Europe site isn't great though for stock.