Sign in to follow this  
dornier

How to setup specific ATC chatter using K code folders?

Hi,

I'm trying out Pilot2ATC and have several ATC chatter questions.  I'm transitioning from ProATC/x to Pilot2ATC and have created many wav files for specific airports and trying to modify them for P2A.  In the features manual, it says that 7 folders need to be created for the US, K1 thru K7.  If I only have US files, do I just need this, C:\Pilot2ATC_2020_x64\Sounds\ATC_Chatter\US with the App, Clr, etc., folders?

If I use the folder structure above, do I select Country, Airport, or Controller folder Sound source under Sounds config tab?

Lastly, how do I figure out which K1 to K7 folder to place specific airport files into? In example, KSDF, does it go into K4, K5 or K6 folder?

Thanks,

George

Edited by dornier

Hi George.

Sorry for the confusion.  I need to update the documentation to reflect that I removed the K1-K7 country code breakdown.  You just set up a folder named "US" and within that, have a folder for each of the controller types:  App, Clr, Ctr, etc.  Then, if you have a specific airport set of clips, create a folder for the Airport ICAO code, like KDFW for DFW airport in Dallas.  Then put the airport specific controller type folders with their clips in that.

Then select the Airport Folders mode.

if you don't have specific airports within the countries, then select the Country Folder option.

Dave

1 hour ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

Hi George.

Sorry for the confusion.  I need to update the documentation to reflect that I removed the K1-K7 country code breakdown.  You just set up a folder named "US" and within that, have a folder for each of the controller types:  App, Clr, Ctr, etc.  Then, if you have a specific airport set of clips, create a folder for the Airport ICAO code, like KDFW for DFW airport in Dallas.  Then put the airport specific controller type folders with their clips in that.

if you don't have specific airports within the countries, then select the Country Folder option.

Dave

Thanks for the quick reply.

1 hour ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

Hi George.

Dave

Dave,

I deleted all of the K1 thru K7 folders and only have KSDF, KORD, and a KMDW folder.  Within each folder I have App, Clr, Twr, etc., folders.  With that said I don't have any chatter now.  When I had the K1 thru 7 folders I had chatter.  My path is C:\Pilot2ATC_2020_x64\Sounds\ATC_Chatter\US\KSDF with all of the sub folders with wav files.  I tried Airport and other source folders with no luck.  What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

George

Do you have the controller folders App, Clr, Twr, etc. also in the US folder?

Your US folder should have KDSF, KORD, KMDW, App, Clr, Twr, etc.  If you are anywhere except the 3 specific airports, you should hear the files in the App, Clr, etc folders in the US folder.

If you do have it set up that way, please email me a screenshot of your folder setup and the log files where you tested it so I can look for messages.  

P2A Log files are located in: C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\P2A_200\Logs where <UserName> is your PC user name. 
Portions of the path may be hidden by default, so be sure Windows Explorer has Show Hidden Items checked in the View tab.
A new one is created each time you start Pilot2ATC, and is closed when you shut it down.

Dave

"Yes.  If I have he K1 to K7 folders it works, however this folder structure does not work.. Within each airport folder I have an App, Clr, Ctr, etc., folder with wav files in each respective folder. Thanks."

Well, if the K1-K7 setup works....stay with that setup for now.  I could've sworn we changed that.

At any rate, you can find the Kx for an airport by looking at the airport information that is displayed when you have the airport selected and press the Info button to the right of the flight plan.

You can enter the ICAO code above the map in the search box and then press the Info button to the right of the flight plan.  On the first tab, you'll see Country Code right under the ICAO code.

You can then change the ICAO code in the Info display and get the other airports.

Double sorry for the confusion.

Dave

I hid the post with the log file pasted in to make the thread more readable.

Edited by Dave-Pilot2ATC

13 hours ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

"Yes.  If I have he K1 to K7 folders it works, however this folder structure does not work.. Within each airport folder I have an App, Clr, Ctr, etc., folder with wav files in each respective folder. Thanks."

Well, if the K1-K7 setup works....stay with that setup for now.  I could've sworn we changed that.

At any rate, you can find the Kx for an airport by looking at the airport information that is displayed when you have the airport selected and press the Info button to the right of the flight plan.

You can enter the ICAO code above the map in the search box and then press the Info button to the right of the flight plan.  On the first tab, you'll see Country Code right under the ICAO code.

You can then change the ICAO code in the Info display and get the other airports.

Double sorry for the confusion.

Dave

I hid the post with the log file pasted in to make the thread more readable.

Ok, it works again and thanks for how to figure out which K folder the airports go into.  I got it working well now.  One more question, can I create a Ctr, App, and Dep folder in a K folder so that any other airport or enroute segment has chatter specific or close to that region?  Is it ok without a Twr, Gnd, etc., folder outside of a specific airport in a K folder?

Thanks,

George

Edited by dornier