Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
janda

MSFS native profile

Recommended Posts

Hi, Chris

some update on MSfs profile to Fulcrum ?

It already working great under msfs, but you know that something is missing..

brds

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi

After contacting Microsoft and Asobo many times we finally got to the point of signing a mutual NDA to allow us to work together but there is nothing more to add to that. The NDA stops either party from talking about insider details but I can tell you when anything happens and right now nothing more has been done. Awaiting next steps from them I'm afraid.

Chris

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why this is so problematic for them....

Asobo is still a real mystery for me... 🙂

Please dont give them a break from mailing... 🙂

brds

Martin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There probably still attempting to make the sim somewhat stable

18 hours ago, janda said:

Why this is so problematic for them....

Asobo is still a real mystery for me... 🙂

Please dont give them a break from mailing... 🙂

brds

Martin

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, thtanner said:

It works just fine without the profile, so it's not really a necessity.

Yes. I agree. Unfortunately the sim has been so broken for me after SU5 that i have gone back to xplane so a profile really doesnt matter. It would be interesting if there was a default profile for xplane that included sensitivity curves for both airliners and GA. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/27/2021 at 11:07 PM, aviatoralb said:

Yes. I agree. Unfortunately the sim has been so broken for me after SU5 that i have gone back to xplane so a profile really doesnt matter. It would be interesting if there was a default profile for xplane that included sensitivity curves for both airliners and GA. 

 

We have actually submitted a profile already for X-plane along with the controller pictures so it should appear in sim at some point. Senstivity is fully linear as this is the best way tro use the yoke and have it mapping fully with aircraft. You should always have a 1:1 movement between the control surfaces and the yoke. If an aircraft is too responsive then that is an issue with the aircraft modelling and will be infinitely variable as each will be different.

For example, the just flight archer/arrow/warrior are all very good when using linear curves. Equally the zibo feels just right too. I have found that good aircraft do not need response curves to be adjusted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, tutmeister said:

We have actually submitted a profile already for X-plane along with the controller pictures so it should appear in sim at some point. Senstivity is fully linear as this is the best way tro use the yoke and have it mapping fully with aircraft. You should always have a 1:1 movement between the control surfaces and the yoke. If an aircraft is too responsive then that is an issue with the aircraft modelling and will be infinitely variable as each will be different.

For example, the just flight archer/arrow/warrior are all very good when using linear curves. Equally the zibo feels just right too. I have found that good aircraft do not need response curves to be adjusted.

yes, and that 1:1 movement is missing in MSFS - so why native profile is needed..

brds

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, janda said:

yes, and that 1:1 movement is missing in MSFS - so why native profile is needed..

brds

That is not a profile related thing, and is down to how MSFS handles inputs afaik

MSFS will need to make it linear and not include acceleration in the default curve. My Honeycomb reacted the same, and it had a native profile. It should have also been 1:1.

Edited by thtanner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/24/2021 at 8:40 AM, janda said:

Why this is so problematic for them....

Asobo is still a real mystery for me... 🙂

Please dont give them a break from mailing... 🙂

brds

Martin

Suggest you watch the top MSFS community questions from the latest MSFS Developer Q&A Twitch Series: September 29th, 2021 with Jorg Neumann, Head of Microsoft Flight Simulator, Sebastian Wloch, C.E.O. of Asobo Studio, and Martial Bossard, Executive Producer at Asobo Studio.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why is a native profile so important?  i don't get it.


| Intel I9 10900K | Corsair 32Gb 3200MHz | Asus Rog Strix OC 2080Ti | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB |

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

    AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

    Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.


    53%
    $13,405.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now
×
×
  • Create New...