Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
mikeymike

Envtex sun

Recommended Posts

Hey guys 

anyone else have envtex with sun mod.

set normal it’s looks quite large and deformed.

i have set 3 installed. have tried others and it’s the same.

I’ve repaired client cleared shaders 

and tried again.

same issue. Using P3d v5.1 hf1  asca asp3d 

not using truesky as of yet.

thanks 

mike

Share this post


Link to post

I notice this too. My moon is also overly large.

 


ROG MAXIMUS X HERO, Intel Core i7 8700K, 32 GB's 3200 RAM, Gigabyte RTX3080,

Share this post


Link to post

Currently I am using REX textures, but remember having this problem using Envtex previously.
Try Gerard's Sun mode, it helps a lot:

 


Rafal Haczek

rh-a320-sl.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
36 minutes ago, Rafal said:

Currently I am using REX textures, but remember having this problem using Envtex previously.
Try Gerard's Sun mode, it helps a lot:

 

I tried downloading it 

but link is dead can you share it please?

and would I need to disable it via envtex if using his mod?

thanks 

Mike 

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, mikeymike said:

I tried downloading it 

but link is dead can you share it please?

and would I need to disable it via envtex if using his mod?

thanks 

Mike 

My provider turned off webspace after 25 years and without a warning I lost everything.

I do have the mod on my pc but have to upload it somewhere.


Gerard

7940x ( 14 cores ) : 14 cores @ 4.7 - Gigabyte X299 Gaming 7 - 32 Gb G.Skill Trident Z 3200Mhz Cl 14 - Inno3D RTX3090 X4 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 1800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 43” Sony 4K tv's in NVSurround

8700K : all 6 cores @ 5.0 GHz - Asus ROG 370 - 16 Gb 4000 MHz @ 3600 Mhz - Inno3D RTX 3090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 1800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - 1x 55” Sony 4K tv

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, GSalden said:

My provider turned off webspace after 25 years and without a warning I lost everything.

I do have the mod on my pc but have to upload it somewhere.

Ok ,thanks.

mike

 

Share this post


Link to post
  • Upvote 1

Gerard

7940x ( 14 cores ) : 14 cores @ 4.7 - Gigabyte X299 Gaming 7 - 32 Gb G.Skill Trident Z 3200Mhz Cl 14 - Inno3D RTX3090 X4 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 1800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 43” Sony 4K tv's in NVSurround

8700K : all 6 cores @ 5.0 GHz - Asus ROG 370 - 16 Gb 4000 MHz @ 3600 Mhz - Inno3D RTX 3090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 1800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - 1x 55” Sony 4K tv

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

 

Share this post


Link to post

Been using this sun mod for a while now and its a big improvement compared to the sun textures in  Envtex (thanks again GSalden!).

Note that every time you make a texture selection change in Envtex  and hit Install To Sim, you will overwrite your modified sun textures which means you will have to reinstall the sun mod.

Its no big deal but just something to keep in mind. I messed around with trying to protect the modded files from being overwritten but its more hassle than its worth.

Sure would be nice, though, if the drop down menu for each texture in Envtex had a Do Not Install option. 

 

..Lloyd

 

 

 


Lloyd Noel (Ontario, Canada)

Intel i7 8700K@4.8GHz / Corsair H100i PRO/ Gigabyte Aorus 7 Gaming / 16 GB G.Skill DDR4 3200 / 500GB WD SSD (Win 10 Pro 64-bit) / 500GB Samsung 960 Pro M.2 (FS2020) / 1TB WD Black M.2 (P3Dv5) / 240GB SanDisk SSD (Misc. P3D Support) 480GB SanDisk SSD (General Storage) / EVGA GTX1080/ Seasonic Platinum 850 watt

 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Noell said:

Been using this sun mod for a while now and its a big improvement compared to the sun textures in  Envtex (thanks again GSalden!).

Note that every time you make a texture selection change in Envtex  and hit Install To Sim, you will overwrite your modified sun textures which means you will have to reinstall the sun mod.

Its no big deal but just something to keep in mind. I messed around with trying to protect the modded files from being overwritten but its more hassle than its worth.

Sure would be nice, though, if the drop down menu for each texture in Envtex had a Do Not Install option. 

 

..Lloyd

 

 

 

Just Uncheck the sun selection in the EnvTex menu.

Everything you Uncheck will not be loaded.

  • Upvote 1

Gerard

7940x ( 14 cores ) : 14 cores @ 4.7 - Gigabyte X299 Gaming 7 - 32 Gb G.Skill Trident Z 3200Mhz Cl 14 - Inno3D RTX3090 X4 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 1800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 43” Sony 4K tv's in NVSurround

8700K : all 6 cores @ 5.0 GHz - Asus ROG 370 - 16 Gb 4000 MHz @ 3600 Mhz - Inno3D RTX 3090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 1800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - 1x 55” Sony 4K tv

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

 

Share this post


Link to post

Duh! Of course! I was simply looking for a disable option in the drop down where you select your preferred texture set.

Thanks once again.

 

Best,

Lloyd

 

 

 


Lloyd Noel (Ontario, Canada)

Intel i7 8700K@4.8GHz / Corsair H100i PRO/ Gigabyte Aorus 7 Gaming / 16 GB G.Skill DDR4 3200 / 500GB WD SSD (Win 10 Pro 64-bit) / 500GB Samsung 960 Pro M.2 (FS2020) / 1TB WD Black M.2 (P3Dv5) / 240GB SanDisk SSD (Misc. P3D Support) 480GB SanDisk SSD (General Storage) / EVGA GTX1080/ Seasonic Platinum 850 watt

 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

    AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

    Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.


    53%
    $13,405.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now
×
×
  • Create New...