Sign in to follow this  
Manschy

Do you still use P3Dv4 - v4.3 or already newer versions?

Thank you guys. So summerizing all posts here, I assume nobody is using P3Dv4.4 or less anymore. That's what I want to know.

1 hour ago, planechaser said:

1. DGXI hung crashes . I don't use EA , VRAM is consistently running at 50% ( i have 11 GB card) .Only running NGX and FT Las Vegas. I really don't have time to test all these Nvidia drivers to see which one is the " magic bullet" 

It's likely not the driver, it could be vsync or runaway frames if unlimited.  My vsync setting is the exact OPPOSITE of what it was in v4.  I now must run vsync off or else I get DXGI hung.

I now limit frames to 60 using the driver fps limiter (Nvidia control panel).  With this, I have great stability with v5.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

I am still running P3D4.5, would love to upgrade to v5 but worried about the VRAM issues. I have a 9900k CPU and 32 gigs of RAM, but am limited by only 8 gigs of VRAM on my 1070TI. 

1 hour ago, Manschy said:

nobody is using P3Dv4.4 or less anymore.

Maybe some are still using P3Dv4.4 or less for whatever reason, but I believe it is a minority.

- TONY -

2 minutes ago, Tomaz Drnovsek said:

Maybe but I can't think of a single reason for that.

For example they dont have the money to invest in a new P3D license + addons, and/or all in all they are happy with their version. It's that simple.

Similarly you have folks still using FS9 and FSX.

- TONY -

3 minutes ago, Simicro said:

For example they dont have the money to invest in a new P3D license + addons, and/or all in all they are happy with their version. It's that simple.

Similarly you have folks still using FS9 and FSX.

I was talking about using v4.4 or less opposed to v4.5. 

5 minutes ago, Tomaz Drnovsek said:

I was talking about using v4.4 or less opposed to v4.5. 

Within the V4 series, agree with you. I see no reason to stay below 4.5

- TONY -