Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

UK World Update delayed to 16 February

1 hour ago, lambourne said:

Takes courage to pull an update at the last minute and annoy everyone. Either they really, really, really want to make it perfect... Or something major broke and needs a fix.

At least it shouldn't be a repeat of the spikes screw up again.

I don't know what happened this afternoon, but i was mid flight, jumped into the external view of the aircraft and there were black lines (like corridors coming from the tail of the aircraft to infinity, another from the right hand side cockpit, to infinity, and yet another directly from underneath the aircraft to the ground. All staying in equal at all times, as if they were calibrating or measuring something. very strange.

Also when i completed the flight the screens jumped back to the old Press any button message, and the original splash screen from launch

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

3 minutes ago, Steku said:

Quite unprofessional practice to release massive change in the product, knowing the next day the entire team will be out for two weeks, leaving million of the customers face to face with the malfunctioning software (terrain spikes all over the world).

While ive agreed  partially with most of what you've said. i'm not willing to go that far about malfunctioning software. Unless there were spikes coming through every single runway in the sim lets leave it as a bug. Certainly an annoying bug but not quite the level of malfunctioning software.

Let the guys have their holiday. If it was a showstopping issue like making the sim not start then you can crucify them for not immediately fixing it.

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

Well it's alright to be positive about it. Someone needs to keep the balance. :biggrin: I just dont like it too much when valid criticisms are brushed off as moaning. It seems to belittle it. 

It we weren't critical of what companies sold us, and applied a little feedback for them to do better, we would still all be driving round in vehicles like that Rover in an earlier photo. :blink:

And about the community spike fix. Yes, it was available a number of days after it was introduced, but really, it should be down to Asobo to fix their own foul ups like that, not modders, and it appears most of the (two million I have heard?) MSFS purchasers don't use the forums or know where to download the fixes like we do (based on the number of downloaders). Asobo promised to rectify in 'a matter of days' - I don't think it is wrong to be dissapointed at that.

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

37 minutes ago, Bilbosmeggins said:

Is this a thing then? I’ve only just started populating my Community folder. Is it just a case of emptying it, updating, then shoving it all back in?

The only reason I am doing it this time is that this is a world update for the UK.   All my addons.. freeware and payware are for the UK and some will overwrite the new stuff.

I just copied the folder and cleared it so I can see the update raw before putting stuff back to see how it is affected.  IE I would like to see what Asdobo have done with Liverpool airport and then compare it to my add-on version.

Graham

• Like 1

System specs...   CPU AMD5950,  GPU AMD6900XT,  ROG crosshair VIII Hero motherboard, Corsair 64 gig LPX 3600 mem, Air cooling on GPU,   Kraken x pump cooling on CPU.  Samsung G7 curved 27" monitor at 2k resolution ULTRA default settings.

Any idea if and when there will be a fix for the melted buildings issue?

Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

20 minutes ago, Carts85 said:
The above doesn’t address what I mentioned earlier and that’s not combining hotfixes for major issues with these world updates as it just adds to the frustration when we’re waiting over a month for an issue that has a fix waiting for what 5 weeks now. Is that moaning? Really? Well so be it. 

Second that. Understood if it is delayed to iron out the UK But with all due respect what pxxxx me slightly off is that eagerly awaited bug fixes and performance improvements are bound to a polished scenery update and not pushed out earlier. I am getting tired of the msfs mysteries letting me run the sim for weeks with maybe a handful CTDs and the suddenly such a massive amount of CTDs that I decided Monday to reinstall msfs from scratch and since then I am trying to get this challenge done  But face continued download cycles, installer crashes or freezes. No advise please, I am using the search function already ans am in contact with MS Support with using net limiter, disabling IP6 and so on. Just telling this since I am really waiting for stability and performance improvement and just hope that WU3 was not just withheld because the Uk scenery needs to be polished further 

• Like 3

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

49 minutes ago, marsman2020 said:

Previous Microsoft sims were released complete,

You win the internetz 🙂  That is by far and away the funniest comment I have read all year.  I just hope you werent being serious 🙂

Graham

Edited by Moria15
  • Like 3

System specs...   CPU AMD5950,  GPU AMD6900XT,  ROG crosshair VIII Hero motherboard, Corsair 64 gig LPX 3600 mem, Air cooling on GPU,   Kraken x pump cooling on CPU.  Samsung G7 curved 27" monitor at 2k resolution ULTRA default settings.

17 minutes ago, PilotPete99 said:

Any idea if and when there will be a fix for the melted buildings issue?

Cheers, Pete

I believe that one is server side and occurs due to corrupt or slow downloads of photogrammetry ?  If so a client side patch is not going to help with that.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Moria15 said:

You win the internetz 🙂  That is by far and away the funniest comment I have read all year.  I just hope you werent being serious 🙂

Graham

If he was being serious it would have been even funnier. 😏

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

I couldn't care less as my G2 is stuck in customs at the moment so I probably wont get it until next week, so I can wait 🙂 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Car147 said:

Also when i completed the flight the screens jumped back to the old Press any button message, and the original splash screen from launch

these msfs mysteries. Had the press any key and other inconsistencies including a suddenly massive amount of CTDs last weekend so I decided to do a clean install. Bad idea, see above. Anyway, I am hoping and waiting rather for said stability and performance fixes. Which just take longer when bound to world updates. So time and call for hotfixes, please. Otherwise we can wait little longer for WU3 if polishing means that MS/Asobo try to fix Brexit 😉

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

My punter tipped me that Asobo is busy rounding off the table corners inside Arthur's Tintagel Castle!

• Upvote 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

7 hours ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

I couldn't care less as my G2 is stuck in customs at the moment so I probably wont get it until next week, so I can wait 🙂 

🙈