Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

FBW A320 Mod - Autoland...

After watching a youtube where I was able to see a CAT3 dual autoland, AP1 & AP2 lights ons, I tried to replicate it in the FBW mod, with no success so far.

I use the FBW installer, which brings the stable, dev and FBW versions, and I ghose the last.

Any suggestions ? Has anyone around been able to get dual AP working ?

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

If I remember correctly from the video which I watched as well then the Autoland is not yet added to either experimental, dev or let alone stable version - yet. May happen any day, though

• Like 1

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

34 minutes ago, jcomm said:

After watching a youtube where I was able to see a CAT3 dual autoland, AP1 & AP2 lights ons, I tried to replicate it in the FBW mod, with no success so far.

I use the FBW installer, which brings the stable, dev and FBW versions, and I ghose the last.

Any suggestions ? Has anyone around been able to get dual AP working ?

Autoland is not in any of the current A320NX releases as yet. That includes Dev and Experimental.

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

Autoland works quite well with the experimental mod - at least much better than in the original A320Neo. But: You can't activate the second AP, so you have to go against the rules and autoland with only one AP activated.

Autoland is currently a work in progress and not available in any of our mainline versions.

• Like 1

Please do not contact me via DM for support or help with the A32NX mod. We recommend using our help channel on our Discord.

Even though it's not fully public yet (i.e. it's not available as a "pre-built" package), it's still available on the "autopilot" branch on GitHub, I tried it and it's so much smoother compared to the default autopilot. It's not complete yet, but you can "build" it yourself.

Edited by BiologicalNanobot

PC specs: i5-12400F, RTX 3070 Ti and 32 GB of RAM.

Simulators I'm using: X-Plane 12, Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) and FlightGear.

If you don't want to "build" it yourself, current version of the installer on GitHub seem to have an option for custom FBW+AP, and its source code includes a link to a "pre-built" package for the "autopilot" branch. If @IcemanFBW allows I can share the link. Again, it's not publicly released, and it's not known when will it be released, so I wouldn't ask for any support.

Edited by BiologicalNanobot
  • Like 1

PC specs: i5-12400F, RTX 3070 Ti and 32 GB of RAM.

Simulators I'm using: X-Plane 12, Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) and FlightGear.