Sign in to follow this  
Kermit_70

Most realistic 3-monitors configuration?

Hi all, I hope this is the right forum (if not, please advice).

I would like to know your opinions about these possible configurations for 3 monitors on FSX (I flight GA, but I dont think that matters here):

(1) single view from FSX stretched across the 3 monitors (using NVidia surround mode) AND using TrackIR to pan around

(2) single view from FSX stretched across the 3 monitors (using NVidia surround mode) BUT without TrackIR

(3) one separate view from FSX (front, right side and left side) on each monitor, and no TrackIR

The goal is to achieve maximum realism (as if I am actually siting in the plane cockpit) and not necessarily to optimize visual field. I have used TrackIR a lot when I had single monitor and I loved it, but I feel that now with three monitors it might be more realistic to keep the view fixed? Afer all, real big simulators don't have TrackIR or similar, right?

Another concern is about computational strain and FPS during flight: which of the three is more inetnse on CPU/GPU? I have Intel Core i7-4790 3.6Ghz (with 16GB RAM) and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 handling the three monitors at once.

Looking forward to hear your opinions, the most knowledgable crowd on flightsimming!

Cheers

Edited by Kermit_70

7 hours ago, Flyfaster_MTN002 said:

FSX? Are you sure you don't mean or want MSFS 2020 ?

Yes, sorry. I am still stuck in the past with FSX. My hardware is unable to support MSFS20 so I am squeezing the most out of FSX. Pretty happy, I have to say.

But I don’t think the questions changes. Basically, I think it is about VC vs 2D panels. I am still unsure what is better. I am now exploring the idea of VC with reduced zoom to fit central view on central screen in a natural way...

Any insight?