Sign in to follow this  
Guest jgoldman

Bozo Alert! FSX and FSD Piper Navajo

Guest Rake7575

Nice add-on for FSX with both 2D and VC cockpits/limited FPS impact.However, unable to get Garmin GPS and instrument lights to work in VC mode...anyone with similar out there?I queried FSD directly and I got what appears to be a generic response--reinstall/reboot/must be my system.Thanks in advance.RakeAMD FX-60/Nvidia 7950GX2 (1GB) video/4GB LL DDR RAM/Raptor 150GB (10000rpm) HD/Dell 24" 1920x1200 resolution

Go to FSD's website and download the latest service pack for the FSX Navajo. There was a numbering error in the panel.cfg for the VC that is causing this problem, the service pack #2 corrects this.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Guest Rake7575

Installed the service update 2--went back and updated load manager--it works! Thanks.Rake

>Go to FSD's website and download the latest service pack for>the FSX Navajo. There was a numbering error in the panel.cfg>for the VC that is causing this problem, the service pack #2>corrects this.What was changed (numbering) in the 'panel.cfg' file?This might help us solve other aircraft lighting problems?

The last two gauges in VC panel portion of panel config. were labeled number 46. Just change the last one to 47. Bob..

Guest Rake7575

Still very dim panel at night in VC mode--though the Garmin is working--can only adjust lighting in 2D.Rakefsxnavajovcnight.jpg

Guest JIMJAM

Well Im getting tired of being a paying beta tester for FSX.I know,I know its FSX COMPATABLE. Then charge 10 bucks not 30.Navajo was one of my FS9 favorites so after waiting the last week for the FSX problems to be fixed, I bought it today.Some new problems,some of the old still there after all this time.My landing lights do not work and Im wondering if ANY non default do.I cannot change the altitude via the ap in the vc.Changing the climb rate via the vc is:-mad Very tiny tiny clickspot with the - minus driving me insane.Eventually the shift number to view ful panel,map ect stops working just like some other planes in fsx Ive had trouble with.AAAAGGGHHTake a breath.....Sorry if Im being hard but this is a great plane and in FS9 was one of my favorites.Payed 30 $$$ for version 2/ fsx version and see no real difference or improvements. Just new problems.Overall not a bad plane but no way in ****$30This is my LAST FSX COMPATABLE plane Im buying.

Guest Rake7575

JIMJAMAre you having similar issues with lack of VC instrument panel lighting? As an aside, I noticed an interesting issue a couple days ago. I flew the Navajo from Manhattan KS to Wash DC (KDCA), a trip of roughly 920nm, and with the tailwind, a little over 4hrs flying time. I noticed after 3hrs frame rates decreasing significantly in VC mode when panning around and outside the cockpit--from a steady 30-40fps to 10 or less. Stayed that way for no apparent reason (no change in weather, video card temp etc). When I decoupled the autopilot and began descent into DCA, frame rates began to increase to the average I get in Wash DC--20-25.Just curious if anyone else has experienced frame rate degradation the longer the flight (over 3-4hrs). Not sure if that's a Navajo unique thing, generic FSX issue, or my computer.ThanksRake AMD FX-60/Nvidia 7950GX2 (1GB) video/4GB ultra low latency RAM/Raptor 150GB (10000rpm)HD/Dell 24" (FSX 1920x1200)

Guest JimC1702

I have the opposite problem. The lighting in the VC is gorgeous but I get no lighting whatsover in 2D.Remember, to turn on the panel lights in the VC you have to RIGHT click the knob.Jim

Guest JIMJAM

I do not know yet what all works,does not,sometimes works.Just venting and getting frustrated.Just about everything Ive bought for FSX 1/2 works or has some sort of problem.Seeing that Ive already bought this plane for FS9 and now for FSX,just expected more.

The VC landing lights visible is a bug common to all aircraft except the default planes. The VC altitude adjust does not work yet, but I didn't notice because I use Go-flight modules. The VC night lighting works for me, but the 2d does not. LOL. Adjust the VC lighting via the overhead panel rheostat in the middle of the overhead panel.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/163015.jpg

Guest Rake7575

Is that mouse right click or position the cursor to the right of the knob and click. Do you have a screenshot?Rake

Guest Rake7575

Rheostat appears clickable in VC but does not turn. Rake