Sign in to follow this  
Guest jgoldman

Bozo Alert! FSX and FSD Piper Navajo

Guest JIMJAM

My pitot heat does not work.Any weather scenerio with snow my airspeed pegs out and stays there.Can someone confirm this?Toggled the overhead switches with no effect.

Jim,My pitot heat seems to work fine. Also FSD is aware of the panel lighting (2d) problem and working on it. The plane is a pleasure to fly in FSX. In fact I find it very difficult to fly FS9 (all but heavies) because of the improved sense of motion in FSX. The smooth landings and takeoffs are superior to my FS9 experience. :)Bob..

Guest Rake7575

Concur...the Navajo is a superb payware add to FSX...some minor cliches (some operator induced) but all in all a keeper. Flight modeling is some of the best I've experienced. Rake

Guest JIMJAM

Ive calmed down from my initial dissapointment. Guess most all new FSX addons are going to have some problems.Yes, the same reason I loved the Navajo in FS9 is the same I do in FSX. Just overall a great handling plane that feels right.If the developers read this, try and fix the AP operation,altitude from the vc and also the vsi. I cannot adjust either from the vc. IMO running a aircraft from pop up to pop up just ruins the simulation.Looking forward to the MU-2.

Guest JimC1702

I've been enjoying the Navajo since Version 1 first came out. I hope they get the bugs sorted out soon. Meanwhile I'm still enjoying it, just working around the bugs. The FSD plane I'm looking forward to now is the Piper Saratoga.Jim

Guest FireChief

They posted a patch a couple days ago that corrects all this stuff. At least they address these things right away and fix them.Rob

Just so those folks who are having problems with the Navajo V2 in FSX don't feel too bad, I have been using it exclusively in FS9. I like the standard version of the Navajo alot which is why I bought it because I haven't gotten FSX.....yet.I want to say the additional animations are nice, wipers (because FS9 has rain effects on the windshield), sun visors, arm rests, tables in the cabin and the fridge door. But I guess those using FSX won't be able to appreciate some of those things because there is no active camera for FSX. That's a big problem for me who swaps seats with the copilot and some times relax in the back passenger seats or see if the fridge is stocked.What I'm having minor problems with in FS9 are:1. Cabin door WON'T ALWAYS close with Shift+E or the click points, sometimes I have to reload the airplane or fly with the door open. Posted on FSD's forum.2. Battery switch in VC has no effect on the battery operation. Always have to turn it on from the throttle quad in the 2D pop-up because ctrl+E won't even turn it on.3. Starboard Cowl flap non operational from the VC switch. 2D pop up ok.4. Some cabin announcement switches in the overhead are non-op in VC but 2D popup over head is ok.Daryll

>JIMJAM>>Are you having similar issues with lack of VC instrument panel>lighting? >>As an aside, I noticed an interesting issue a couple days ago.>I flew the Navajo from Manhattan KS to Wash DC (KDCA), a trip>of roughly 920nm, and with the tailwind, a little over 4hrs>flying time. I noticed after 3hrs frame rates decreasing>significantly in VC mode when panning around and outside the>cockpit--from a steady 30-40fps to 10 or less. Stayed that>way for no apparent reason (no change in weather, video card>temp etc). When I decoupled the autopilot and began descent>into DCA, frame rates began to increase to the average I get>in Wash DC--20-25.>>Just curious if anyone else has experienced frame rate>degradation the longer the flight (over 3-4hrs). Not sure if>that's a Navajo unique thing, generic FSX issue, or my>computer.>>Thanks>Rake >AMD FX-60/Nvidia 7950GX2 (1GB) video/4GB ultra low latency>RAM/Raptor 150GB (10000rpm)HD/Dell 24" (FSX 1920x1200)I also have noticed a decrease in the pan rate as time goes by; long flights that is. Doesn't seem to matter which aircraft I use.

Guest Rake7575

WaldoThanks for picking up on that addendum. Not sure what impacts pan rate over time--perhaps some sort of memory cache thing--I haven't attempted a long flight (greater than 3hrs) with any other aircraft to see if it is an FSX issue or a Navajo one.Rake

>Go to FSD's website and download the latest service pack for>the FSX Navajo. There was a numbering error in the panel.cfg>for the VC that is causing this problem, the service pack #2>corrects this.Did you purchase this FSX Navajo aircraft?If so, does it work correctly?How is the Garmin?

Guest n1g

Hey GuysI really do hate to sound like a nagging house-wife, but the truth is that by buying these FSX "compatible" over priced A/C, you are contributing to the R&D fund for a real FSX aircraft at some point in the future. Just stop contributing. Let these commercial developers fund these efforts on their own. I would 100% agree with the previous poster that if the price was a fair amount and that amount at least for me would vary depending on the aircraft) then yes. The worth is really up to you, but for me, and others Im sure, to pay full blown price for a "compatible" is just not right. I asked a developer how the average simmer can determine if they are getting a pure FSX aircraft or a compatible. The answer was: "this is something that is between developers only". Well that answer did not sit well with me at all. The arogance to say something along those lines just made me furious. I just felt like pinching his head off. I am not really a violent man but geez that just really ticked me off. So the answer at least for me was to just wait. I hope others will do the same. This forum an the thousands of simmers who offer their time and resources to help others is why I keep coming back. I think developers by being open and fair is what keeps us coming back to them. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all. RegardsBob

Hey Waldo and Rake,For what it's worth, I too experience a severe slowdown of the pan rate in the VC and Spot view after about 4 hours of flight. It makes no difference what plane I'm using. I too have found that if I suffer through it I can sometimes get the panning back by descending and preparing to land. I encounter the problem with Track IR enabled, and also without it running. A real mystery. We have some hardware overlaps. I use the same Corsair RAM and a 7950 GT video card. But I'm using an E6700 CPU. Sure wish I could figure out what's causing this.Robert

Guest jgoldman

Daryll:Right click those switches... ;)BestJim

>Hey Waldo and Rake,>>For what it's worth, I too experience a severe slowdown of the>pan rate in the VC and Spot view after about 4 hours of>flight. It makes no difference what plane I'm using. I too>have found that if I suffer through it I can sometimes get the>panning back by descending and preparing to land. I encounter>the problem with Track IR enabled, and also without it>running. A real mystery. We have some hardware overlaps. I use>the same Corsair RAM and a 7950 GT video card. But I'm using>an E6700 CPU. Sure wish I could figure out what's causing>this.>>RobertI have read about others having experienced this problem too.I think FSX is at fault and we need to inform the developers.It could be a video memory mismanagement problem. Or whatever! lol