Sign in to follow this  
DaveH

KingAir 350 Mods

Any around ?  I have searched this forum but can't find any.

Dave Hinson

It would be nice to have one, but I haven't found any as well

• Like 2

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

1 hour ago, DaveH said:

Any around ?  I have searched this forum but can't find any.

Dave Hinson

There is one listed here:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/community-aircraft-mods-megathread/282130

MSFS & XP11 - Aviatek G1000 Complex Desktop Trainer - Fulcrum One Yoke - TPR Rudder Pedals - VF TQ6 Throttle - LG 55" OLED Display

4 hours ago, stratone said:

Just found by accident and did not tried out yet:

MSFS2020 - Beechcraft King Air 350i X Improvement Mod - V.1.12.13.5 (msfsaddon.com)

At least with a description of the changes. Download about 36 kB.

Best regards

They block you if you're using an ad blocker.  Which I do.  I pay for my bandwidth... they don't.  If they want to show me an ad, they can pay for my bandwidth.  If you think that's wrong of me... consider: ISPs charge customers bandwidth usage (either flat rate per month or in data size blocks).  Business customers pay for bandwidth, home users pay for bandwidth.  In short, ISPs have you coming and going.   It's like making a long distance phone call and both sides of the conversation have to pay for the call by the minute.

Another reason for ad blocker... dangerous ads (they're out there).  I only allow trusted websites to display ads... like here! 🙂

Edited by WarpD
  • Like 1

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

28 minutes ago, WarpD said:

They block you if you're using an ad blocker.  Which I do.  I pay for my bandwidth... they don't.  If they want to show me an ad, they can pay for my bandwidth.  If you think that's wrong of me... consider: ISPs charge customers bandwidth usage (either flat rate per month or in data size blocks).  Business customers pay for bandwidth, home users pay for bandwidth.  In short, ISPs have you coming and going.   It's like making a long distance phone call and both sides of the conversation have to pay for the call by the minute.

Another reason for ad blocker... dangerous ads (they're out there).  I only allow trusted websites to display ads... like here! 🙂

So do I, for pretty much the same reasons.

In this case, when the ad blocker notification comes up, just hit the continue button and carry on. Site appears to work fine even if you do not turn off your ad blocker.

...jim

ASUS Prime Z790-E, Intel i9 13900K, 32Gb DDR5 Ram, Nvidia 3090 24Gb, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB and 1 TB, Samsung Odyssey G9 Ultrawide 49" G-SYNC Monitor.

I simply disable ad blocker, download file, then re-enable the blocker. Downloaded successfully but have not tried it.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

The same mod (author "Paul Falke") is available from flightsim.to. The mod concentrates on aerodynamics (prop drag, workaround for dual engine static thrust bug and such things), that's pretty much all. I can't tell if it's more realistic, might be.

But systems are still as poorly modeled as can be 😒.

Gee, no word about this plane still? I wonder what Flight1's stance is on this...they don't seem to have an interest in msfs?

Nobody wants to touch this one, heh.

Couldn't agree more, huge disappointment for me.

Had both the original aeroworx and Flight 1 King Airs and flew them almost exclusively.

Was considering moving to Prepar to get me the milviz but decided to wait for MSFS and their own KA. What we have got is word not allowed, only the visuals are OK and on Carenado's level.

Come on Flight 1, get us your King Air. There will be takers I am sure. 

Yes, that was after the MSFS launch last year, mentioning the learning curve, C++ programming, and SDK difficulties to overcome. 
Meanwhile, there are plenty of releases from other developers who are coping with it and updating their products as they go.

I think the pace will pick up even more after the DX12 update.

Edited by bobcat999

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

I mean but why does everything with SOME developers always have to be about getting paid and profiting (rhetorical)?

There was a time in this hobby and the internet in general where MOST things were done out of passion and interest. As if to climb the mountain simply because it was there.

It would have been a nice gesture if one of the payware devs would have put up a freeware flight model update for the default model to hold us over. The last time I can recall one of our commercial devs releasing something for free was way back in the 90's when PMDG released a free 747 air file and manual. I'm sure other payware devs have done similar things over the years that I'm either not aware of or simply not remembering (so sue me im getting old at 56:-) ). Rob Young is an obvious one who I am forgetting to mention...as I think he released a freeware C172 air file back in the day when he was a commercial dev?

Anyway...not trying to load a guilt trip on anyone here at all...just sort of reminiscing and wishing times weren't so self serving as they tend to be these days. I know everyone has their own bills to pay, etc.

Maybe if I can find some extra time here and there I can mess with it and see if i can get her to at least fly a little bit better...but I cant do anything with the systems as I'm no coder.

Anyone have a good reference I can use for some valid flight/performance info on the 350 that might help me get started in my spare time?