Sign in to follow this  
m54randy

GTN 750, bank screens, anti-virus false positive

17 hours ago, Draggendrop said:

Hello jefken

Have you checked in your antivirus solution for a quarantine of..
 C:\ProgramData/Reality XP\rxpGtnSim32.dll 
 If it is there, allow and remove from quarantine..false positive.

Have you made an "exclusion", from virus program scanning, for this folder..
 C:\ProgramData/Reality XP

Give the above a try and see where we are.

Worse case, see post above you for removal and reinstall of GTN and the trainer.

Have a good day

Hi Draggendrop,

After many hours and following your suggestions and after uninstalling and reinstalling everything I managed to avoid the black screen.
It was not easy to get that rxpGtnSim32.dll in the right places 
All's well that ends well I would say.

Thank you for the help.

Jefken

• Like 1

banner_f33_2.pngGV9Ut3S.jpg

X-Plane 11 -My favorite aircraft F33A BONANZA XPLANE 11 REP , CAR PREMIER 1A

Now I don't have the database

U2weIDN.jpg

How can I remedy this?

By re installing I got

dob6RsV.jpg

How can I download this one

hello,

i got the same issue by installation and when i started the game the GTN Screen in Xplane 11 was only black.

After i downloaded and installed the Garmin Trainer 3.0.1.0 manually and installed it the issue was resolved, i hope this helps for you too.

Regards

Nik

• Like 1

Disregard previous post - I now see that Reality XP responded (Jean-Luc?).  My problem is not Windows Defender on the install, as I previously stated, it is Total Defense that I am using for malware and virus protection and it is the January upgrade package that is being flagged.  When my Anti-virus software flags a software package as having malware, I am not comfortable ignoring it, in spite of the assurances of Reality XP and all of the other users on this forum.  None of those suggesting that I disregard this warning will be the least bit accountable for any of the negative affects that this software might have, if it did in fact have malware.   If You (Reality XP) are taking steps to try and get this issue cleared up with the Anti-virus community, so that it won't be flagged, I am willing to wait for that to work it's way through the process.  In the event that this doesn't solve the problem, I would like to know how to 'refund the software', because I have bought something that I can't comfortably use. 

41 minutes ago, jNk89 said:

hello,

i got the same issue by installation and when i started the game the GTN Screen in Xplane 11 was only black.

After i downloaded and installed the Garmin Trainer 3.0.1.0 manually and installed it the issue was resolved, i hope this helps for you too.

Regards

Nik

I did the same and now I think  that the issue is resolved.

Why makes rxp it so difficult?

Edited by jefken
edit
  • Like 1

I am hesitant to say anything this "am" other than I would like to restart this week over.

We know about the false positive and to "whitelist" it...
C:\ProgramData\Reality XP\rxpGtnSim32.dll

We know about the exclusion to prevent scans on this folder...and having stuff removed again.
C:\ProgramData\Reality XP

Most times, it just needs the dll to be removed from quarantine and all will work.

In extreme situations it is requiring a GTN and trainer removal...then a reinstall from the wrapper for both.

In the meantime, for whatever reason, if it is just the database missing, this trainer download and install may work.
https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=12373
-----------
Observations..
1) It appears that custom GTN installations are having a problem since last months GTN update...why, I do not know.
I use the standard install for file locations and only direct the installation to the X-Plane 11 folder which is also standard on the desktop. I have had no issues other than the occassional false positive.

2) I have seen several mentions of people clicking on the database placement during install...and it is removing the database. I have no idea what is going on with that at this time.

3) Now it appears there are several postings of database issues with the wrapper install, dealing with the change of database from 3.0.0.0 to 3.0.1.0

4) I fired up X-Plane 11 last night, did a check via the plugins menue for the GTN and was told I was up to date on 3.0.0.0
Needless to say, I will leave as is and wait for future update notifications which usually install well.

5) There was an update released yesterday...may be a relation to the database link via the wrapper install.
https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/534857-08feb21-rxp-gtn-750650-touch-x-plane-v2528-released/ 

----------------------
I am sure RXP will be along shortly and verify.

• Like 1

I don't understand much of your last post. I believe that I successfully reinstalled the GTN 750 from F1 because I located it afterward in my plugins directory of my x-plane 11 directory but, alas, when I tried to run it, I got the same blank screen. It looks like I am back to square 1, but  with both McAfee uninstalled and Windows Defender turned off.🙁

Edited by RXP

1 hour ago, Gene Comroe said:

I don't understand much of your last post. I believe that I successfully reinstalled the GTN 750 from Flight 1 because I located it afterward in my plugins directory of my x-plane 11 directory but, alas, when I tried to run it, I got the same blank screen. It looks like I am back to square 1, but  with both McAfee uninstalled and Windows Defender turned off.🙁

You are jumping all over different threads...hard to keep up to you.

You may have installed it okay but without trainer just like above.

It is worth downloading the trainer and installing it...then give it a try. Here is the link..

https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=12373

I'm trying to download the installer from F1 without any luck, the dl link does not respond. Not good...

Update: got it sorted, reinstalled and all seems OK. But the whole thing is frustrating for RXP users.

Edited by RXP

Torfi

I'm sorry for all the hoops you've all have to go through right now but it is unfortunate misalignment of planets:

• Garmin is updating the trainer installer twice in 30 days and removes the previous version right away, causing disruption between the time they do update and the time we do update accordingly.
  • Anti-Virus are causing additional trouble on our files all of a sudden, adding to the confusion whether the problem is the trainer or the product files.
  • I'm catching a certain amount of forum posts and this adds further delay to updating the installers in this context.
  • Some of you are reinstalling using an older RXP software installer saved somewhere instead of downloading the e-commerce installer from our website, which is always the latest version.
  • Some of you are reinstalling using an older RXP software installer, but are not using the embedded "Check for udpates" in the installer to make sure you're using the latest

In all these cases, what matters first and foremost is: What is the content of the RXP log files.

If you've ever have any problem with the software, please look the content of the RXP log files first. It often contains information sufficient enough for you to figuring out the problem or for searching online, and if not, it always contains information sufficient for us starting to help you.

I perfectly understand this is frustrating when all of a sudden it is not working anymore, or when you've just purchased the product it is displaying a black screen. These are not unsolvable problems either in most cases and can be addressed in time.

Edited by RXP

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

@m54randy I believe our products are not matching your security requirement then. I'm sending you a PM with further instructions.

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

30 minutes ago, Gene Comroe said:

but the GTN still does not turn on in any aircraft on x-plane

4 hours ago, RXP said:

In all these cases, what matters first and foremost is: What is the content of the RXP log files.