Sign in to follow this  
Tuskin38

Project Mega Pack A330-300 Sneak-Peek

1 hour ago, MediaHypeTrain said:

Can't complain too much about a free offering. 

But apparently some people still will.

• Like 3

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

5 hours ago, MediaHypeTrain said:

Can't complain too much about a free offering. 

This is Avsim.

You could come on this forum and say: I'm gonna put a $1000 cash bonus into everyone's hand, people are gonna complain that they got their cash in $20s

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

This is Avsim.

You could come on this forum and say: I'm gonna put a $1000 cash bonus into everyone's hand, people are gonna complain that they got their cash in $20s

I seem to recall the recently released 737Max being slated by Avsim members. 48 pages of postings later, it's the best thing that's ever happened to simming...

• Like 4

I hope the developer is not discouraged by some of the views from the minority on this forum. It’s great to see freeware like this coming through, who knows how far the project might go, good luck to them, I’ll be keeping an eye out.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

It could be nice but it is not compatible with FBW mod, which means you have either to choose which one to install. Also, it seems that the developer doesn't intend to work with FBW to integrate their systems into the A330 mod. Let's see if they change their mind in the future.

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

7 minutes ago, Carts85 said:

I hope the developer is not discouraged by some of the views from the minority on this forum. It’s great to see freeware like this coming through, who knows how far the project might go, good luck to them, I’ll be keeping an eye out.

Some of the comments are indeed out of line. You wonder what kind of education some folks had. Or the lack thereof.

Good luck to the dev indeed.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

14 hours ago, nawarren said:

Looks like utter rubbish. I will wait patiently for FSLABS to do an airbus in MS2020, before i get interested.

Well given it took them 6 years to develop the A320 for P3D you're going to be waiting a while!

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, highflyer2020 said:

Well given it took them 6 years to develop the A320 for P3D you're going to be waiting a while!

lol FSL if they would come to MSFS, that will be a loooooong time 😄. I mean look at the sharklets version, it has been hyped since over a year  and it still not released.

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

1 hour ago, omarsmak30 said:

It could be nice but it is not compatible with FBW mod, which means you have either to choose which one to install.

Using addon linker and only activating the aircraft that will be flown takes care of compatibility issues like this.

• Like 3

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

15 hours ago, Chapstick said:

Come on. It's freeware. If they were charging $20 EUR, I'd say have at it, but ragging on freeware instead of providing constructive feedback is lame, dude.

Ah, My mistake, in that case I humbly apologize for my comments. I thought it was a payware scam like some of the stuff I've been seeing being sold for MSFS 2020. I should have checked before I posted. I take back what I said, and good luck to them.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, JustanotherPilot said:

From experience, any preview of a pending release that doesn't show the cockpit panel view usually means it's of poor quality, lacking systems and is not one of the models selling points.

But it's got the word "mega" in it hahah

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

16 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

But it's got the word "mega" in it hahah

it will be a guaranteed success if it has the word "epic" somewhere.

MSFS Alpha tester on W10 Pro x64. Hardware: AMD 5900X 12 core CPU. Cooler Master ML360R AIO, Asus X570-E mobo, Asus Strix 3090 24GB gfx card, G.Skill TridentZ 64GB (4x16) DDR4-3600 RAM, Samsung 970 250GB SSD (OS), Samsung 980 Pro 1TB M.2 pcie-4 NVMe SSD (MSFS install). EVGA 850w Gold cert PSU, CUK Continuum full ATX tower.  43" Sceptre 4K display. VR: HP Reverb G2.

7 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

This is Avsim.

Just wait until the xbox guys join.

I9-14900K,  Gigabyte B760 Aorus Elite AX, RTX 4080, 32 ram.1 tb nvme  M.2 SSD, MSFS 2020 on 2 tb nvme m.2 SSD

Interesting note about Project Megapack that may be relevant here:  their livery manager has super friendly license terms.  The license file on github says, in part:  "We do not provide a license for the contents of this repository.  You cannot copy, distribute, or modify our work without being at risk of take-downs, shake-downs, or litigation. This includes for non-profit, personal, or commerical reasons."   (Emphasis in the original.  As is the typo.)

They are, of course, entirely within their rights as creators to grant any usage terms they see fit, and the terms aren't necessarily unusual.  But they sound almost as though they're going out of their way to be confrontational here.   Whether this is ironic coming from folks who have built their project entirely around collecting the creative output of a bunch of other folks for free and redistributing it widely, or not, is up to you.

Either way, I wish them success with this for the benefit of the sim.  The more good planes we have the better.  I hope it's distributed under more friendly terms.

Edited by kaosfere
  • Like 1