Sign in to follow this  
MarkRey

New Forum Administration

>Yieeeeeks!!!>That

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Ask them both if they like the current FS-X and will say yes...The views in the community differ a bit more.(Not saying that they will use their TOM given powers to force their views on us just clarifying)

simcheck_sig_banner_retro.jpg

Congratulations to both Geof and Brian. I am sure the Avsim forums will now be a safer place to reside with the added help! I would suggest wearing the appropriate armour. Now when we enter the forums, we have extra security to go through::-wave Us------->:-sword Geof-------->:-samurai Brian-------->Entrance to Avsim ForumsWhen I grow up I wanna be just like you guys!![hr width=100%" size=1 color="black]http://forefrontgrp.com/MyLogo2.JPGJason | General Aviation Fan

I suppose I'll get this out the way here, since it's been brought up:When it comes to movies, commenting your code and real-time strategy games, I am notoriously picky and hard-headed.However, I have wanted to be a pilot since I was a kid. Time, circumstance and money has conspired to keep me out that seat. So, like many others here, Flight Simulator has filled that role for me. As for FSX, it could be a pixelated 2D sprite of a kid throwing a paper airplane, as long as I get to fly the plane after the kid throws it, I'm happy. There's not much they could put out that I wouldn't enjoy, just becomes it's a reasonable fascimile of flight to me.Is there more that I want out of it? Sure. Of course. I'd love to see a co-pilot sitting next to me in the default planes, flipping switches and such. I'd love to see random passenger models instead of planes full of empty seats. I want to see cars stopping at stop lights and kids playing baseball on those great hi-res school textures. And I certainly would not mind a couple of extra frames per second for some more autogen.But none of that displaces the fact that it is a simulation of something that I can't currently do. That's the trump card. Until I get up in the air myself on a regular basis, this is the best I can do.I still have FS9 installed, and I still fly it sometimes, but not that much, as I am generally working on my SimConnect programs. I've tried X-Plane, and it's not bad. Didn't really grab me as much. I've played a lot of IL-2 and LO:MAC, although I'm not terribly good at either.So I'm not a crazed FSX fanatic, I don't feel the need to apologize for it, either. I think it's a good program. Could it be better? Yeah, anything could. Even Half-Life 2 doesn't have the revolutionary AI that was promised. But the potential, realized or not, isn't enough to undo any enjoyment I get out of the sim.That's my opinion, but one thing I've learned over about 10 years of running forums is that my opinion is never the same as anyone else's, and each person's individual experience, especially as it relates to software, will always be different. I will never deny that someone might have trouble that I haven't run into, I will never deny a person the right to calmly and intelligently tell their side of the story.I've been involved with many forums on many topics, and as passionate and divided as we may be, we are also the most mature community I've been a part of. One of things I've noticed is that the team running these boards hardly ever have to throw their muscle around and that's something I appreciate. So, long story short (too late), I'm really happy to have this opportunity, and I can assure everyone that I won't be squelching any voices of dissatisfaction.

In my case, I have been simming since the beginning (1981 or so) and have owned and flown just about every sim ever made. I have beta tested Pro pilot,Fly, and Ms series. I am not loyal to any sim except the one I consider the best for my use at the time. I am with Brian completely that the way we use a sim and our opinion will be a completely different experience for every person. Expressing opinions in a polite, mature ways gives lots of stimulating discussion, and is ultimately helpful on our never ending path to the perfect sim. I have always considered avsim to be tops in this area and it is my exlusive home because of this. It is flight simming that drove my wife to suggest I try the real thing in 1989, (a move she probably now regrets :-lol). I now have nearly 1000 hours and a commercial multi engine rating and have criss crossed the US in every direction multiple times with lots of adventures. I use the sim to discover new places I want to visit, to re live old flights, and to keep up skills that the sim is good at duplicating. The new missions of fsx I think will add greatly to realism, and the shared cockpits/tower controller open a whole new world of sharing the joys of flight, and learning from others. I look forward to flying with many of you online!I am passionate about simming and aviation . I come here to have fun, and share my enthusiasm for both, and sometimes give help when I can. For me-the most important thing is the fun part-let's have fun! http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/rxp-pilot.jpg

Being certified cat-herders can either of the 2 new mods tell me how to get mine to stop DEMANDING my lap the moment I sit at the pc? regards,Mark :-zhelp

Regards,

Mark

>Being certified cat-herders can either of the 2 new mods tell>me how to get mine to stop DEMANDING my lap the moment I sit>at the pc? >>regards,>Mark :-zhelpTo borrow a phrase from the folks at the Blizzard World of Warcraft forums, your cat is "working as intended"

claptrap! - I demand a service pack to address the meow rate issues - gate to gate ifr is impossible...I know! - Vista will help :+regards,Mark

Regards,

Mark