Sign in to follow this  
Rogen

Cockpit Sounds for the C208B HD Steam Gauge release

Hey Folks,

During the early months of Covid-19 I purchased the Carenado C208B HD Grand Caravan (with Steam Gauges) only to find it did not include immersive cockpit sounds which was a little disappointing.

As such I've put together an immersive cockpit sounds package for the Carenado C208B HD Grand Caravan (Steam Gauge release).

The package is based on Daniel Gauthier's "Cockpit Sounds V2" customised for x64 and the Carenado C208B HD.

I've built it around P3D x64, meaning P3D 4 and above, but it should work Ok for FSX if the sound gauge is replaced with an x86 version (check Doug Dawson's webpage).

See the readme file in the archive for details, and you'll find it located in the AVSIM library.

https://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=220856

I also used the demo Syncro-Soft turbine sounds, also in the AVISIM library.

https://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=169522

Here is what it sounds like.

Carenado C208B HD Grand Caravan with Immersive Sounds Added

Cheers R

• Like 1

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

Thanks for uploading this!

I was already using Daniel Gauthier's "Cockpit Sounds V2" and Doug Dawson's 64bit sound gauge, but now I have all the C208B's sounds. A nice improvement.

I also gained a better understanding of how to customize Daniel's sound package by studying how you did yours.

Version: P3Dv5.4, P3Dv6  CPU: Core i7-13700K @ 5.5 GHz with HT on,  GPU: RTX 3080 12GB,  RAM: 32GB DDR-5MONITOR: 32" 4K with G-Sync enabled, OS: Win10 22H2, Target Frame Rate: P3D 120, NCP Max Frame Rate 35.

Ta folks, thanks for the comments.

I figured after the effort of adding the sounds and how much better it felt flying the plane with those sounds, sharing was the way to go.

And I also then found out about the C208_FDE_OP patch and have installed it.

And it makes a big difference, the cab file included with the patch doesn't include the Drag.xml gauge which is a really simple gauge for spoilers at a particular throttle setting. The gauge is still referenced in the Panel.cfg though and thusly generates errors, best to comment it out as less errors means less exception processing occurring.

I'm also hoping BR4593 will also share their Panel mods as it looks pretty cool (and I don't really want to have to re-invent the wheel so to speak).

Edited by Rogen

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

Hey,

I can send you my mods in PM. Its not 100% ready but you can edit it and do whatever you like with it.