Sign in to follow this  
knich

MSFS: Can you manually add times to park position

Can I add to a created parked time in parked.xml?

For instance, see below

<option airline="AAL" type="A21N" real="true" hours="2" />

Can I add 3,4,5,6,7,8 etc if I want so I don't have to wait for it to learn each hour?

4 hours ago, knich said:

Can I add 3,4,5,6,7,8 etc if I want so I don't have to wait for it to learn each hour?

Yes you can.

If you are sure that airline+type is at that gate all those hours you can even let real=true for that entry. Otherwise you should add a new entry with real=false for the hours you add.

Note that it is not necessary to make these manual additions if you have actual hour set to off (default). 

1 hour ago, kiek said:

Yes you can.

If you are sure that airline+type is at that gate all those hours you can even let real=true for that entry. Otherwise you should add a new entry with real=false for the hours you add.

Note that it is not necessary to make these manual additions if you have actual hour set to off (default). 

I assume you mean real=true means the same arline+type will be at gate 24 hours?  In example below, American Airlines will always be parked at g40 with real=true as default? 

Now..I don't have actual hours checked..just similars.  See another example:

<parkpos id="g40" latitude="33.437908" longitude="-111.998772" heading="261.2" radius="18.0" cargo="false" ramp="false">
        <aircraft>
            <option airline="AAL" type="A21N" real="true" hours="17,18" />
            <option airline="AAL" type="A319" real="true" hours="16,19" />
            <option airline="AAL" type="A320" real="true" hours="1,2,16,17" />
            <option airline="AAL" type="A321" real="true" hours="0" />
            <option airline="AAL" type="B738" real="true" hours="1,2,13" />

It shows real=true but it is still creating select hours.

11 hours ago, knich said:

I assume you mean real=true means the same arline+type will be at gate 24 hours? 

No that does not mean it at all ....  From the Manual, section 4.9:

"When Actual hour is off the parking algorithm goes as follows: 

Suppose the actual hour is 14:00 UTC. PSXseeconTraffic first searches in the airport file for gates that have an aircraft at 14:00 hours. If there are not enough gates to park the wanted number of aircraft (based on the parking percentage), it will widen its time window to 13:00-15:00, and it will look for gates with an aircraft in that broader time window. If there are still not enough found it will again widen its time window to 12:00 - 16:00, and so on, till the wanted number is found or PSXT has searched all 24 hours.

PSXseeconTraffic will go through the above process for as well real=true as real=false options, unless ‘real=true  only’ is on.

However, if Actual hour only is on, it will not widen its time window, so you will only see aircraft parked that have been there at that hour at that gate."

A "parked" aircraft will normally not stay longer then 1,5 to 2 hours at a gate, unless there is a very limited number of options. If you want an aircraft parked permanenetly, you should add that by hand to the airport file in the <permanent> section , see Manual section  7.6.