Sign in to follow this  
Guest Bill Hinton

Autopilot Speed and Altitude...

Guest PaulDPearl

Is there a way to change the Autopilot's settings with the keyboard? I've looked all through the various controls but can find no other way than using my mouse to turn the "knob" in the "virtual cockpit"...Thanks in advance for any helpful replies ;-)

Guest Douglas K

In the FSX options menu, click

Guest PaulDPearl

Thanks Doug, but I've been in there and I couldn't find anything that allows you to change the speed or altitude, which is why I've posted this post...To be fair I AM only using the Demo at this time... I'm trying to fly the airplane using the autopilot for stability and framerate reasons... currently I have to use the mouse to turn the knob in the cockpit but I'd prefer if I could just buttons....http://kewllynx.com/fsx/TNCEingame.JPG I can use the buttons to change the HDG but I can't change the SPD or ALT.

I used that last night to add a keystroke for the NAV/GPSbutton.. The Baron VC seems to be missing this switch...Now I don't have to TAB over to the 2d panel to get to the switch. I can do it with "shift-n".. Groovy... :)MK

Guest Douglas K

>>>>The Baron VC seems to be missing this switch...<<<

Guest PaulDPearl

Douglas THANKS! Since I will be receiving FSX Retail (Deluxe) for Christmas, even if this doesn't work with the demo it will work with the retail version which is my final goal anyway. Flying around the same five islands is only fun for so long, but I've been really using the demo to figure out what kind of setup I'll finally use when I do get the retail version!This thread has been more useful than I was expecting.Thanks again, and see you out there... I really look forward to playing with the multiplayer features of this new sim...

Guest Douglas K

>>>>Thanks again, and see you out there... I really look forward to playing with the multiplayer features of this new sim...<<<

Guest Bill Hinton

Paul,I don't know if it will work for FSX, but you may find a method.A quick and easy way to change the frequency of any of the Radios and/or Autopilot settings is to use the Cockpit Commander utility by Glenn Copeland. Get it from the Avsim File Library. The file name is cpitcmdr.zip.After you download and install it, you may want to add the following lines to the WindowXX section of the panel.cfg file where XX will be the number which you use for the particular Window:window_size=0.200,0.130window_pos= 0.780, 0.200