Sign in to follow this  
Kermit_70

Can RXP GNS430 be controlled with FSUIPC? (resolved)

Hello,

I have an FSX configuration with Saitek radios programmed with SPAD & FSUIPC and the Reality XP GNS430 mounted on the A2A C172 panel.

I would like to use some of the knobs/buttons on the Saitek radio to control the knobs (when navigating it, not just to change frequencies) and buttons of the GPS:
- on/off
- CDI
- enter

is it possible?

cheers

9 minutes ago, Kermit_70 said:

Hello,

I have an FSX configuration with Saitek radios programmed with SPAD & FSUIPC and the Reality XP GNS430 mounted on the A2A C172 panel.

I would like to use some of the knobs/buttons on the Saitek radio to control the knobs (when navigating it, not just to change frequencies) and buttons of the GPS:
- on/off
- CDI
- enter

is it possible?

cheers

If you read the users guide, you will see that you can define keypresses for the GPS functions.

Assuming that you can trigger those keypresses, the answer is: yes.

• Like 1

Bert

I have not used the RXPs in FSX but have been using them in P3D with FSUIPC for some time. I have a Desktop Aviator GNS 430 panel, no monitor, just switches and knobs.

The answer to your question is "yes, for sure". 

My configuration consists of 2 parts: firstly, I set the RXP to use legacy sim commands. Secondly, I assign the legacy FSX/P3D GPS commands in FSUIPC to the buttons and knobs on the DA GNS430 panel.

There may be another way to do this. My method allows me to use any GPS (including Carenado, etc) in any aircraft, not just the RXP.

Hope this helps.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

If you read the users guide, you will see that you can define keypresses for the GPS functions.

Thank you Bert,

The "GNS WAAS 430/530 XP" guide only briefly mentions the RXPGNS.INI
Is that what you meant?
Do you know how I should edit it to add keyboard shortcuts to
- on/off
- CDI
- Enter

Also, how do I modify RXPGNS.INI to use the Saitek physical knobs to navigate the menu in the GNS? You know, when you go through NAV, WPT, AUX, NRST pages...

Sorry, I feel a bit lost here...

12 hours ago, yurei said:

My configuration consists of 2 parts: firstly, I set the RXP to use legacy sim commands.

And how do you do that? 

Also, by doing this, are you giving up any "special" feature of the Reality XP GNS model?

Edited by Kermit_70

@Kermit_70 I believe you won't get a download link and be done with it, instead, you'll have to read the manual, not just the page about keyboard shortcuts. You might want to start with the index referencing all chapters in the manual and explore the sections pertaining to this question, or just read it linearly.

TL;DR: there are different ways you can achieve this with the RXP GNS, which one you choose is your decision, which ones there are is all described in the manual.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Thank you all, I figured it out.

Just to be clear, on the “Reality XP 430XP/530XP WAAS” (legacy for FSX) there are no details about this. Maybe you are referring to a different (newer) version.

Anyway, thank you for the hints, which helped me figuring it out.

Cheers!