Sign in to follow this  
David B

Radar Contact v4.x MCE and VR

Hello, making some progress on my quest.  After reading numerous threads on RC4 installations, I got her installed OK for P3D 5.1

I will try the MCE demo, before purchasing.  It looks like it will do what I need it to do.

That is, interact with RC4 via voice in VR. I don't want any screens, can't see them in VR anyway.  Hence can't select button 1,2 etc, or pages.

Can I have full RC4 interaction with MCE in VR.  Some posted here says it works great, but unfortunately not too much setup info.

Hoping someone can clarify, and possibly go through the "flow" they use when flying with MCE,RC4 andVR in P3D 5.1

I'm a realworld pilot, so very familiar with ATC procedures.

Thank You

David

EDIT:  One other question. I know the Lear 35 by FSW is listed on the MCE aircraft list.

If the plane is not on the list, can you still interact with it as mentioned above.  I don't need copilot duties etc

This is to fly the FSW MU2 "Marquise"   Predominately single pilot.

Edited by David B
Added MU-2 question.

On 2/15/2021 at 3:07 AM, David B said:

Hello, making some progress on my quest.  After reading numerous threads on RC4 installations, I got her installed OK for P3D 5.1

I will try the MCE demo, before purchasing.  It looks like it will do what I need it to do.

That is, interact with RC4 via voice in VR. I don't want any screens, can't see them in VR anyway.  Hence can't select button 1,2 etc, or pages.

Can I have full RC4 interaction with MCE in VR.  Some posted here says it works great, but unfortunately not too much setup info.

Hoping someone can clarify, and possibly go through the "flow" they use when flying with MCE,RC4 andVR in P3D 5.1

I'm a realworld pilot, so very familiar with ATC procedures.

Thank You

David

EDIT:  One other question. I know the Lear 35 by FSW is listed on the MCE aircraft list.

If the plane is not on the list, can you still interact with it as mentioned above.  I don't need copilot duties etc

This is to fly the FSW MU2 "Marquise"   Predominately single pilot.

Although we always pefer people have a go at the Demo available here you can expect MCE Co-pilot to handle any of the following items with ANY aircraft.

Radios tuning (COM, MAV, ADF and Transponder). That's all you need for ATC feature

Flaps, parking brake and spoilers.

Complex planes require custom interfacing.

We only mention the real heavy ones (including ones with simulated flight engineer like Tristar) we spent considerable time on. You'll find it works with many, many other non-listed planes. We just can't test them all and don't consider them multi cre planes.

Never tried it in VR though, so not sure whether the little in-sim RC4 window is visible in VR.

Assuming it does, it will work.

We have built some extra functionality which you may take adavantage of.

If you forget your call-sign, ask your buddy "confirm call-sign".

If for some reason, you can't see RC4 options, ask "confirm ATC options". Or "show ATC", "Hide ATC"

There is an additional tool that ships with MCE and called Voxkey.

You can create all sorts of custom speech commands and tie them to key combinations in order to get something done, so you would free yourself from keyboard completely.

DO not use that for cockpit activity as it doesn't check anything and just toggles things.

Besides, the tens of thousands of built-in speech commands, always take precedence over custom ones.

Sigh!  Ok Thanks for trying Gerald.

Still hasn't quite answered my question.

I don't care about the Co Pilot , sine the mu2 is flown single pilot.

I just want to try and correlate rc4 and mce together on flying the mu2

for a fairly realistic ATC experience

David

3 hours ago, David B said:

Sigh!  Ok Thanks for trying Gerald.

Still hasn't quite answered my question.

I don't care about the Co Pilot , sine the mu2 is flown single pilot.

I just want to try and correlate rc4 and mce together on flying the mu2

for a fairly realistic ATC experience

David

Sorry to hear you found the answer too broad.

In a nutshell, yes you can "talk ATC jargon" to RC4 controller😛s, Native ATC controllers or PF3 controllers with ANY aircraft.

Want a different flight level? "centre KLM two four seven requesting further climb flight level two seven zero". MCE will work out the necessary selection sequence to make the request happen.

It wouldn't be realistic if you had to say "select option two", wait for the next set of options, then say altituse 27000 or option X. That wouldn't be propwer ATC speech recognition.

I suggest you install Demo to default path, keep all features enabled initially so you can get familiar with software.

Although Fo will be there, MCE isn't a "scroipyed adventure" forcing you to follow specific ste[ps, like do this before you do that. You can enlist co-pilot'h help if you want and only when you want or just ignore him/her completely.

Once you're up and running, you could disable all other features except talk to ATC controllers".

To switch MCE to RC3 mode, go to <ATC> tab, click + rectangle to move to RC4, click <Activate> and restart MCE.

Couldn't find a video with just RC4. Try to focis on the ATC part 😛

<media> 

Thank You Gerald. This is/was more of the info I was seeking.

I will d/l demo, when things settle down wx wise here in Dallas

Best,

David