Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

EA and... pecipitation...

Hi,

installed the latest p3d v5.1 HF release + ASP3D.

Runs smooth, glad with it!, but when I enable EA in the World Graphics options and go to an airfield where precipitation is reported I can't see any. The clouds are there though...

Disabling EA brings back precipitation.

Any suggestions ?

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Some people have reported that the precipitation is there - it's just very very faint compared to the non-EA version. 

Maybe experiment by parking up somewhere and setting the weather conditions directly and go to different times of day etc? See what you can see. If there is rain you ought to hear it, too. 

I may do this myself if I get some free time... I've started using EA recently but I haven't flown in bad weather but if I do I'd like to know that the effects will be there.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Temporary sim: 9700K @ 5GHz, 2TB NVMe SSD, RTX 3080Ti, MSFS + SPAD.NeXT

Well,

just also found out that in my case, GTX 960 GPU and 1920 x 1080 monitor, I should disable HDR even when using TrueSky for environment depiction. It's an entry in the main .CFG file.

Will try and see what I get.

Thx neilhewitt !

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

There are a couple reasons I just fly with EA off.  This missing rain/snow at times is the main one.  To me it was quite frustrating to e on approach into a snowstorm only to not have the weather match visually.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Here I see it. On your side views you will see it better.

• Like 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

I try to fly with EA on as much as possible, but there are times when I don't like using it. When there is snow, moderate to heavy rains, and at dusk and dawn (I don't like the colors at those times of day with EA on).

I don't mind flying with EA on when it's a light rain because that is hard to see anyway.

• Like 1

I think I'll revert to the default cloud depiction mode + ASCA.

It'll probably even be less heavy on the frames on my rather old rig.

Thank you guys !

Main Simulation Rig:

12 minutes ago, jcomm said:

I think I'll revert to the default cloud depiction mode + ASCA.

It'll probably even be less heavy on the frames on my rather old rig.

Thank you guys !

ASCA is not compatible with EA. However, as you may know ASP3D works with P3D V5.1. But the run is that you will have to uninstall ASCA to use AS with EA enhancement.

Sherm

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, shermank said:

ASCA is not compatible with EA. However, as you may know ASP3D works with P3D V5.1. But the run is that you will have to uninstall ASCA to use AS with EA enhancement.

Sherm

You don't need to uninstall ASCA to use AS with EA, when you enable EA it "overwrites" ASCA . I have ASCA with AS and it works when I turn off EA and disables when i turn EA on. 

• Like 1

Regards,

Shelman S.

Intel i9 9900KS, o/c @ 5.1 GHz; EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra Gaming; GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS MASTER; Thermaltake 32GB RAM @ 3600 DDR4; 3xSabrent Rocket 4.0 2TB SSDs; LG UltraGear 38GL950G-B 38" 21:9 Curved 144 Hz G-SYNC IPS Gaming Monitor; Acer Predator x34 UHD (3440x1440) @ 100hz GSYNC; Windows 10 64 bit; X-Plane 10; X-Plane 11.5r2, DCS World Open Beta, Prepar3dv4.5; Prepar3dv5 Professional. Honeycomb Yoke, Saitek Pedals, Switch, and Autopilot Panels. Obutto R3Volution Cockpit. Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog and F18 Joysticks and Throttle. 

1 minute ago, ssair1 said:

You don't need to uninstall ASCA to use AS with EA, when you enable EA it "overwrites" ASCA . I have ASCA with AS and it works when I turn off EA and disables when i turn EA on. 

Interesting. My experience is that AS simply locks up and does not work when trying to use with EA. I will try your approach. 

Sherm

2 minutes ago, shermank said:

Interesting. My experience is that AS simply locks up and does not work when trying to use with EA. I will try your approach. 

Sherm

I was thinking the same, but when I emailed the folks at AS, thats what they informed me. Godspeed. 

Regards,

Shelman S.

Intel i9 9900KS, o/c @ 5.1 GHz; EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra Gaming; GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS MASTER; Thermaltake 32GB RAM @ 3600 DDR4; 3xSabrent Rocket 4.0 2TB SSDs; LG UltraGear 38GL950G-B 38" 21:9 Curved 144 Hz G-SYNC IPS Gaming Monitor; Acer Predator x34 UHD (3440x1440) @ 100hz GSYNC; Windows 10 64 bit; X-Plane 10; X-Plane 11.5r2, DCS World Open Beta, Prepar3dv4.5; Prepar3dv5 Professional. Honeycomb Yoke, Saitek Pedals, Switch, and Autopilot Panels. Obutto R3Volution Cockpit. Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog and F18 Joysticks and Throttle. 

Hi SSair1,

Using EA, with AS loaded as you said...but, the VRAM has jumped close to my video card max...If you get a chance, please take a look at my post in using or not using EA, HDR etc with comparison screen shots

thanks

Sherm

7 minutes ago, shermank said:

Hi SSair1,

Using EA, with AS loaded as you said...but, the VRAM has jumped close to my video card max...If you get a chance, please take a look at my post in using or not using EA, HDR etc with comparison screen shots

thanks

Sherm

Having ASCA installed while EA is on shouldn't effect your system's performance since the ASCA files will not be running. However, if VRAM is an issue, dial back on your EA settings, i.e., resolution. 

Edited by ssair1

Regards,

Shelman S.

2 hours ago, shermank said:

Hi SSair1,

thanks

Sherm

Any pointer to it Sherm please ?  Would like to read it.

Main Simulation Rig: