Sign in to follow this  
shamrockflyer

FlyTampa EHAM

my mistake  30 not 50, but still a high price for an airport with lots of installing issues. I accept to mess around with bgl files and etc... in case of freeware airports, but NOT for airports at these prices. Just bought my 5 th mega airport EDDF at 30 euros,  big airport, but installing as a charm, no strings attached, not comparable with all side issues you get with FlyTampa !

Finally this morning i got a link from BMT micro that solved my problems, thx to the guys ! But i regret the fact that i needed to spread my complaints untill help came... the quote: '' if issues with our products, go help yourself at our forum'' is not a good solution... i did this for hours and hours in the past 4 weeks and i messed up my complete sim by following different advices from forums concerning bgl files, xml files etc... luckilly i had a restore point to turn back and used the link now from the BMT guys....

Edited by Pluto7777

On 2/16/2021 at 11:44 AM, GSalden said:

Do you guys have the Amsterdam_Alt.bgl in your Scenery/World/Scenery ?

That should be there for the mesh.

I scrawled my computer and also the internet for that Amsterdam_Alt.bgl file, but I couldn't find any reference to it besides in your post here. So my Scenery/World/Scenery folder doesn't contain that file either. Where do I get it? Or could it be that it's only a file for P3Dv5 users? I'm still on P3Dv4.

And regarding the overall problem, @shamrockflyer, @mdreyer, @fio and all the other users who had it: I noticed the same problem yesterday in my sim, but I chose @Christopher Low's approach and re-installed the older 1.1 version from 2019 which I had backed up, luckily. With that, all elevation problems are fixed and the scenery still runs like a charm, even if it is slightly outdated. It's really a shame that there's hardly any support offered anymore over on the FlyTampa forum. Let's hope that they still have the P3Dv4 users in mind and roll out Amsterdam v2 with proper elevation settings for users of all P3D versions.

By the way, I decided against the inibuilds GSX config file because it provides only an AFCAD for the "East" setting at EHAM. I think it's always nice to adapt the AFCAD to the actual wind direction at the time, and not to stick with one wind direction all the time. That's particularly important if one decides to use the FlyTampa scenery configurator and switches to another setting accidentally. If I have overlooked something and if there are AFCADs from inibuilds (or from users) also for the other wind directions, I'd be very grateful about a heads-up from you guys.

2 hours ago, FWAviation said:

... By the way, I decided against the inibuilds GSX config file because it provides only an AFCAD for the "East" setting at EHAM. I think it's always nice to adapt the AFCAD to the actual wind direction at the time, and not to stick with one wind direction all the time. That's particularly important if one decides to use the FlyTampa scenery configurator and switches to another setting accidentally. If I have overlooked something and if there are AFCADs from inibuilds (or from users) also for the other wind directions, I'd be very grateful about a heads-up from you guys.

Since the freeware of @fs1 is working beautiful in this regard, it is not necessary to switch between AFCAD files anymore. You can do this on the fly and define the operating runways for landings and takeoff, respectively. Just check the winds by Active Sky, do some changes in a cfg.xml file and reload it during flight. It is also possible to have some pre-defined cfg.xml files which makes things easier.

Even x-crosswind-runway settings in AFCADS are now obsolete.

Look at

Edited by Nemo

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Thanks for the advice, @Nemo. Since the older version of EHAM runs fine on my system, I guess I will keep it as it is for the moment. But I'll keep that tool in mind.

31 minutes ago, FWAviation said:

Thanks for the advice, @Nemo. Since the older version of EHAM runs fine on my system, I guess I will keep it as it is for the moment. But I'll keep that tool in mind.

Just one last remark. The tool is totally independent of any afcads. It does not change any files, it just influences the ai traffic directly.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).