Sign in to follow this  
Mace

SierraSim MHLM

FYI.  If you own SierraSim MHLM for either P3Dv4 or P3Dv5, there are some errors in the SODE xml file they provided.  One error is a typo, and the other error causes SODE to fail to locate the windsock animation files if you're using a later version of SODE (at least 1.7.0 or newer).  I discovered this by looking at the SODE log file.

Fortunately, the fix for the missing SODE windsock animation is relatively simple.

First, make sure you installed not only the SierraSim MHLM scenery, but also the SODE files, which came as a separate .exe with my download.
Make sure you have hidden files/folders set to "show" in your Win settings.  Go to your SODE folder (typically C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE).
Navigate to the xml subfolder.  Open the file SierraSim_MHLM.xml in your favorite text editor (Notepad works, but I use Notepad++).
Note one of the first lines, which will appear as <SimObject Name="HHLM_SierraSim">

This is incorrect.

Change that line to <SimObject Name="MHLM_SierraSim">

Secondly...the next line will appear as <Placement Lat="15.4530424531" Lon="-87.9231826346" Alt="0.0#AGL" Hdg="0.0"/>

This is also incorrect if you're using later/current versions of SODE.

Change that line to "<Placement Lat="15.4530424531" Lon="-87.9231826346" Alt="92" Hdg="0.0"/>

Ok!  Now you will have the missing SODE windsock animation at SierraSim's MHLM.

• Upvote 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB