Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

What's Broke (1.13.16.0)

1 minute ago, MediaHypeTrain said:

The frames are a lot better?

I think they’re better, or at least feel smoother, not doing the FPS counter though... not going down that rabbit hole...

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Cmcollazo71 said:

I was doing a test flight in the Caravan and it’s floating too... haven’t had the chance to check any other airplanes.

I had to slow to the low 40s to touch down. It’s about 10 knots lower than before.

Asobo increased the lift you get from the flaps but not sure if they change the ground effect as well, we will see with sim update 3.

The only other plane I tried is the MR20, and it was fine, but keep in mind that my experience on this plane is limited, since I was spoiled by the G36 turbo.

Tomorrow, I will give the 172 analog a go, since I have a couple hundred of flight time in the real thing, I will know for sure. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Cmcollazo71 said:

I think they’re better, or at least feel smoother, not doing the FPS counter though... not going down that rabbit hole...

Yes it is, EGLL flight today with a lot of cloud, I will say that my fps are improved by 50-100%, but seems to be really the cloud improvements

Edited by bendead
  • Like 1

Just started a flight from Edinburgh to Dundee...

The good: EGPH finally has the decommissioned runway as closed, with the car parking spaces depicted at one end as in real life.

The bad: Whilst spikes are gone so far, I see some large hillocks - so far one in a lake (not sure if the water is correct, I'd have to check), and one on the middle of Edinburgh Castle!!!🤦‍♂️ It's as tall as  most of the buildings/ In fact, the esplanade in front of the castle is also one large lump of grassy earth (with no walls or railings), blocking the castle entrance, and as high as the walls. 

EDIT: Not as bad as I first thought. The update had disabled Bing Data and the hillock at the castle disappeared once re-enabled. The esplanade is much better even if it's still more of a hill than a slope. But the castle itself is a pretty good represantation. Just a shame there's no way anybody could actually access the esplanade as the slope from road to esplanade is close to vertical!

Edited by 109Sqn

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

Possibly a fix. I deliberately turned down my internet speed to 1/2 of 1 megabyte per second and flew for several minutes.  And did not get a warning screen in the middle of the windshield (or anywhere else) about internet performance. Not a long enough test probably, but hopefully no more warnings screens.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

My CTD issue seems to be fixed now.😲  My sim would regularly CTD after so long using the sim and if it didn't in my flight once I tried to get back to the main menu it would.  I'm beating this thing up now trying to see if the issue is indeed solved.  I'll know in a few as my next flight is to New York.  If I don't get a CTD on that flight Asobo finally fixed the issue I'm pretty sure.  I'm just rolling into that flight without restarting the sim.  I'm really happy about this one if this is the case.

Edited by Dillon
  • Like 3

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Overall a good update, but Central London is a photogrammetry disaster! The buildings look melted and FPS drops drastically. What happened? I think they can fix it from their side on the server, but I don't know.

Lee

• Like 1

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

My liveries are missing, please remind me what to do....nevermind, my community folder was misplaced

Edited by Richard Jacks

There are multiple reports on the MSFS forum of default aircraft rotating at far too low a speed post patch.

Potentially related to the flaps changes ?

I have not had a chance to test this myself.

Just landed the TBM a few times at my local airport and the flight dynamics have considerably changed, for the worse. Before the update I would do the approach at 85 kts with the torque around 30%. From what I've read that's somewhat close to real world for the TBM. Now I had to go full idle to get to 85 kts and then the plane just kept floating. At about halfway down the runway I decided to see how far I could keep it going and it wasn't until I was at 55kts that it finally settled. After a few more landings I tried the approach at 75kts and it was still floaty. Also the effects of the flaps feel ridiculous now. I have to push the controls almost full forward to keep the plane from climbing a few hundred feet. I was honestly hoping for the ground effects issue to be fixed in this update but it seems much worse. Off to try some landings in the CJ4.

Yeah, take off at too slow a speed and real world Mooney style "float forever" are two things being talked about,  particularly with regard to the TBM and Caravan.

Screen tearing here also, will try some of the fixes listed. Heavy leakage with flickering around the PFD and MFD in the Caravan when flying through clouds. The Caravan also took a steep ascent on the first notch of flaps while following the GS down to the runway. Several notable fixes such as the pixelated clouds, and a tall building at the end of a runway at MHTG has been lowered.

Edited by desbean

Anyone looked at full flap stall speeds with the flaps aerodynamic change they made?  Poster on the official MSFS forum made a video of the TBM930 coasting along at 0 thrust with full flaps, gear down, and 50 knots without stalling.

Edit:  I'm an word not allowed, looks like others are seeing this as well.  Too bad that aircraft that previously flew pretty close to the numbers are now wrecked, just because a 3DP developer wanted better flap handling.  This is the danger of releasing the sim 1/2 done.

Edited by marsman2020

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

Vertical sync to "fast" in nvidia fixed the screen tearing for me but still white flickering around the MFD and PFD in the Caravan at certain angles in clouds.

The flaps are definitely messed up in the Caravan now. When descending on the GS and initiating the first notch of flaps the plane suddenly starts ascending at 1,000 fpm. On takeoff when climbing out removing the one notch of flaps causes the plane to do a very steep dive.

• Like 2