Sign in to follow this  
DreamDriver

Flight1 GTN 750 Installation Issue P3D v5.1

Flight1 GTN 750 is not finding the Garmin GTN Trainer, which I do have already which I believe is a prerequisite to completing the installation and using the addon.  So no GTN 750 for me right now.  I bought RXP 750 and could not get it to work.  My goal is to use the Alabeo Cessna 421 with Pilot Edge to fly IFR.  This is so frustrating, we've all been there, when after 5 hours of working on something, you get razzled.  I go between X-Plane and P3D for the most part, but X-Plane 11 doesn't have a 421.

Any ideas?  

41 minutes ago, DreamDriver said:

Any ideas? 

My opinion only.

first, you have to totally uninstall the RXP and F1 GTN and the garmin Trainer, everything. The latest trainer is not "yet" supported, and what I consider abandon ware in the F1 version so it won't work. Once you have uninstalled everything just install the RXP version and it will link you to the latest v3 trainer which does work but only for RXP. For me the RXP GNS and GTN works fine in v5, I even have the GNS and GTN working at the same time in the A2A 182.

• Like 1

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

Hi DreamDriver

having done battle with this a few times over the years, AND SUCCEEDED! AND IT'S WORTH THE SWEAT!, GTN750 can seem like a hike round the foothills, but I thought it better to write something for your quest, rather than nought; even though I still feel like I'm "winging it" a little.

Maybe it's a good idea to uninstall your current version of Garmin Trainer (just in case it's the wrong one) (I admit I'm not sure about uninstalling your GTN750 (I think versions just install OK "on top" of one another, but I could be wrong)

It could be a good idea to disable yer Antivirus (Malwarebytes in my case) because of false positives being quarantined/rejected

From your start menu, click on Flight 1 Purchase Agent (or download it if you haven't got it) and it'll open a catalogue page and so select Utilities and then 'GTN Complete' and then download. Mine is version 2.20'.

During download, It'll ask you to download Garmin Trainer (mine is v2.71).

Go back to Start Menu/Flight One Software/Update tool and check you've got the most recent; mine is v1.2.

/Open the Config Tool, select P3Dv5 & exit

Go to 😄 program files/Lockheed Martin/P3Dv5/Sim Objects/Airplanes/Alabeo C421/ scroll down and double click F1GTN750 C421C.

And remember to re-enable the Antivirus.

PHEW!!

Keep at it!

Then there's also the relevant Flight 1 support forums; who are excellent (if busy and delayed)

Rod EGBB 

Edited by rod321