Sign in to follow this  
joe cooper

RWY and TAXI signs now billboards!

I haven't noticed yet. Do you have a screenshot?

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

I guess that's what we get when people complain about them being too small.  Having said that, I flew out of a default airport tonight EGAE and didn't notice them looking monstrously big.

Edited by regis9
  • Like 3

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

This is at the new Heathrow....

Beyond ridiculous if you ask me....Not sure if its a setting....happening at all airports....folks who looked at the update before they pushed it somehow thought this was how big taxi signs were?  Who knows....but I just shake my head in disbelief at what gets put in these updates...

0P1kjl.jpg

Here is shot of my wing clipping it so you get a sense of how ridiculously big they are....not sure if I've ever been in a high-wing Cessna in real life that was in danger of clipping a taxiway sign with its....you know...HIGH WING! 🙄

tgJmgT.jpg

• Like 8

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

The pic posted above looks correct.  They are usually pretty large up close.

edit:  Steve posted just before me and I agree - those are too large!  The pic with the C700 looks correct though!

Edited by ryanbatcund
  • Like 2

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Wooooooowww those are big!  🤪

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

A common theme with this sim - people point out something incorrect, and Asobo makes some ridiculous change that is way too far in the other direction.

It's like we should just stop giving feedback alltogether.

• Like 1

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

On a positive note...they are superbly detailed....3d modeling on the poles and the signs are inset as shown below...with even a bit of weathering on the metal....they just need to scale them down and all would be well I feel. 🙂

gPeYyz.jpg

• Like 5

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

There are actual US and international standards documents for the sizes of these things if they would just bother to look at a reference.

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

LOL

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

7 minutes ago, VFXSimmer said:

Quick google search.  Looks like the signs in the sim are about 2X too large.

1226293589_MAGMANTPTaxiwayRedesignationDec20190132lowres.thumb.jpg.a912824055feac6e8c627b343cf74cca.jpgMAN-TP-Taxiway-Re-designation-Dec-2019-0024-800x533.jpg.0f0d7601642a361be6e6c644494cdcbd.jpg

Wow, those guys must be, like, 50 feet tall! 🤣

• Like 3

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

<Conspiracy Mode>

Microsoft are thinking of monetising the in game taxiway signs by selling the taxiway signs as billboard space to corporations.

qGBGrC7.jpg

</conspiracy mode>

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick
  • Like 11
  • Upvote 3