Sign in to follow this  
joe cooper

RWY and TAXI signs now billboards!

6 hours ago, abrams_tank said:

And realism for me starts with being able to read the taxiway sign!  If I can't read a taxiway sign in VATSIM, how am I supposed to follow the instructions of ATC?

Use a moving map app / use camera zoom / request that Asobo place optional in-game markers (similar for POI identifiers) for taxi and runways.
I don't think adding a slider that changes the sizes of signs will work for the reasons that Umberto highlighted.

That taxi and runway signs are now larger than a Cessna is ridiculous and immersion breaking.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Reading signs is important.  Realism indicates my monitor is only so large when the real world is much larger.  Realism is not flying an airplane from a chair at home  Get real folks and find something useful to complain about like your local pub/bar being closed due to a pandemic.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, diajohn said:

Reading signs is important.  Realism indicates my monitor is only so large when the real world is much larger.  Realism is not flying an airplane from a chair at home  Get real folks and find something useful to complain about like your local pub/bar being closed due to a pandemic.

But my pub is open! Not closed!

Open pubs might be important to you, that's fine, but not for me. People are different!

Most folks here (me included) are passionate about flight simming and can not wrap our head around why certain things are so difficult to get right, especially when we know that Asobo has many talented/smart people creating a pretty darn good experience.

By the way, you can complain about multiple things and be multi faceted, no reason to talk down to someone, belittling what is important to him/her. It is not always just black and white. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Most of what is said on the Internet may be the same thing they shovel on the regular basis at the local barn.

The oversize is pretty horrific.  However what I find most interesting is why?  I have searched the MSFS forum site (and AVSIM) and nowhere is this mentioned as an issue.  So what prompted ASOBO to make this change?  Personally I think this is a bug that was accidently triggered in the update.  Especially with the now larger signs not being deconflicted with each other (i.e. physically intersecting signs due to oversize without relocation)

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

1 minute ago, Mike S KPDX said:

The oversize is pretty horrific.  However what I find most interesting is why?  I have searched the MSFS forum site (and AVSIM) and nowhere is this mentioned as an issue.  So what prompted ASOBO to make this change?  Personally I think this is a bug that was accidently triggered in the update.  Especially with the now larger signs not being deconflicted with each other (i.e. physically intersecting signs due to oversize without relocation)

You didn't search hard enough.  I believe it has been posted multiple times in the wishlist or bugs forum.  Go search there.

Also, I see that some people don't care if the taxiway signs aren't readable, as long as the size is right.  That effectively makes the taxiway signs an ornament if you can't read them.  Ornaments are for Christmas trees.

When I am in VATSIM, I like to be able to read the taxiway signs.  I don't want ornaments in VATSIM.  Reading taxiway signs is pretty crucial in VATSIM.  Asobo took a step in the right direction by making the taxiway signs larger and readable (a better solution would be to give us a slider in Settings so we can adjust the taxiway signs to the size we want).

• Like 2

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

7 hours ago, environmental_ice said:

Aren’t the taxiway names wrong in MSFS? Or did Asobo fix that? I haven’t really been following the updates 

That's exactly what I am thinking. Who cares about readability when they are all labeled wrong anyway?? How could it be useful on VASTIM when G is A? 

Edited by haskell
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Eddie
KABQ

8 minutes ago, haskell said:

That's exactly what I am thinking. Who cares about readability when they are all labeled wrong anyway?? How could be useful on VASTIM when G is A? 

Because the gateway scenery has been requested, which will allow the community to "crowd source" and fix the information on taxiway signs.  I believe Asobo has looked into developing the gateway scenery, although I'm not sure when it will be completed.

In any case, what's the point of the gateway scenery if the taxiway letters aren't big enough to read in the game?  We can crowd source and fix all the information for every taxiway sign for every airport in MSFS.  But all that is useless if we can't even read the taxiway signs (which we can now, because Asobo made the taxiway signs larger).

Edited by abrams_tank

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

Taxi signs are not too big? Or it's the size real?

For some guys who complained about the size so small you can't tell the opposite xD

20210217193437-1.jpg

Banner-FS2-Crew-Beta-Tester.jpg

t-l-chargement

It's either too small or too big. Always on the extreme side of things. They need to be in between. They look absolutely ridiculous and I hope we do not have to wait for the next sim update in order to get this addressed.

• Like 3

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Why not just make them the correct size?

Edited by DavidP
  • Like 4

David Porrett

EHAM, seems correct size  . Cant post picture, sign just over xcub tire size

• Like 1

I9-14900K,  Gigabyte B760 Aorus Elite AX, RTX 4080, 32 ram.1 tb nvme  M.2 SSD, MSFS 2020 on 2 tb nvme m.2 SSD

I just did my first flight with these new signs and it feels a little like GTA now. I cant help but laugh at how big they are. However I dont really care in the end as it doesn't kill any immersion for me. also I stopped looking at taxiway signs years ago once I found out about Navigraph moving maps 😅

It seems they are appropriate at most airports and oversized at some. It also seems Asobo fixed the issue of size always defaulting "1" instead of what was assigned for that airport.

So it stands to reason that some that were coded the wrong size (probably by accident) are now showing as oversize with the size feature now being recognized. I don't think it was intentional.

Just report were you run across a oversized sign to Zendesk and maybe in a future update they will fix it like they did the reported spikes.

James