Sign in to follow this  
Josephpilot

Problem with loading airport.

I don't know why but since I disabled the hardware acceleration (for reshade), I notice that the airport is not loaded when I land, that is, the textures are of low quality and only then they settle, why?

3 hours ago, Josephpilot said:

I don't know why but since I disabled the hardware acceleration (for reshade), I notice that the airport is not loaded when I land, that is, the textures are of low quality and only then they settle, why?

WHICH airport

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

And how was the hardware acceleration disabled?

E.g. Globally via a registry key?

Or just for the P3D UI via Prepar3D.cfg

[USERINTERFACE]

UIHardwareAcceleration=False

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

7 hours ago, Rogen said:

And how was the hardware acceleration disabled?

E.g. Globally via a registry key?

Or just for the P3D UI via Prepar3D.cfg

[USERINTERFACE]

UIHardwareAcceleration=False

from Prepar3D.cfg

Anything that requires you to disable the UIHardwareAcceleration is probably not worth having.  You are intentionally limiting the performance of P3D.  Why?

Dan Downs KCRP

17 hours ago, downscc said:

Anything that requires you to disable the UIHardwareAcceleration is probably not worth having.  You are intentionally limiting the performance of P3D.  Why?

because i use reshade man

I use ReShade too, however I don't have the described issue apart for one airport being Orbx's Darington Mun, that said apparently Orbx's Darington Mun has always had this issue going back before there was even a UIHardwareAcceleration option.

Still I'll give it a check with ReShade disabled and UIHardwareAcceleration set to true and repost.

Personally and as the config param is a UI function, I don't see how UIHardwareAcceleration=False can be the issue.

Cheers

Edited by Rogen

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

13 hours ago, Rogen said:

I use ReShade too, however I don't have the described issue apart for one airport being Orbx's Darington Mun, that said apparently Orbx's Darington Mun has always had this issue going back before there was even a UIHardwareAcceleration option.

Still I'll give it a check with ReShade disabled and UIHardwareAcceleration set to true and repost.

Personally and as the config param is a UI function, I don't see how UIHardwareAcceleration=False can be the issue.

Cheers

I noticed that with hardware acceleration enabled, the game crashes with reshade

3 hours ago, Josephpilot said:

I noticed that with hardware acceleration enabled, the game crashes with reshade

Unless I'm mistaken reshade is not compatible with v5, so that I understand, you'd rather deactivate hardware acceleration and cripple P3D to have reshade working ?

• Upvote 1

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

Reshade does support DX12

And disabling hardware acceleration in the UI is hardly crippling P3D, do you spend all your time in the UI? or spend time flying...

I certainly have no issues with the use of UIHardwareAcceleration=False and Reshade, in fact Reshade provides lots of graphical options for tuning the look and feel of P3D on the fly.

The reason the UIHardwareAcceleration= option is there is precisly because LM recognised the use of Reshade and that their enablement of hardware acceleration in the UI prevented successful running of Reshade and similar applications unless Hardware Acceleration was globally disabled in Windows (globally disabling certainly does have an affect outside of P3D).

And as it turns out my testing shows Orbx's Darrington Mun is a problem with or without Reshade and UIHardwareAcceleration= set to True or False, although not something Orbx looks like they will ever investigate further given it's a many years long standing issue.

So for me UIHardwareAcceleration= option and Reshade is Winner Winner Chicken Dinner :-)

Cheers R

Reshade in action.

CB08E25A18B713C0B9FABC2B1E07560422204D31

7 hours ago, Rogen said:

And disabling hardware acceleration in the UI is hardly crippling P3D, do you spend all your time in the UI? or spend time flying...

Not quite... the lable "UIHardware" is a little misleading.  We typically think of the UI as the windows in which we change options and settings and make selections.  However, in this context the UI is the simulation display, and when enabled this allows all applications running on your system to use what Microsoft calls GPUHardwareAcceleration (enabled with updates to Windows 10 in 2020).  From the P3D SDK,

"This entry will toggle UI hardware acceleration on and off. This is enabled by default. Disabling UI hardware acceleration may adversely affect performance in some cases therefore keeping this enabled is recommended. Some third party applications, particularly ones that overlay graphics on top of the application window, may exhibit visual issues with this enabled.

And also from LM P3D developer Kayla Kinzel in their forum in response to a request to clarify,

"You can experiment with the UIHardwareAcceleration setting in the config file to see if there is any noticeable differences with Hardware Acceleration on or off.
Hardware Acceleration is usually a standard in applications. It is defaulted to True in Prepar3D. If you are using overlays, you might experience issue that would require you to disable Hardware Acceleration."

So you are correct in trying it both ways, but do not be mislead into thinking it does not have a performance impact. You system may simply have the surplus power to overcome any such limitation.

Dan Downs KCRP

15 hours ago, downscc said:

So you are correct in trying it both ways, but do not be mislead into thinking it does not have a performance impact.

Hey yes for sure, I work for a software R&D company where we develop image processing, automation and web interface software and know the value of getting the max performance out of a defined piece of hardware. Truth be told though the hardware tends to be VM's running in data centres or some tenanted arrangement in AWS or Azure and can have resources thrown at it left right and centre - but the costs!!! every resource and minute of use costs money...

But back to P3D, if I saw a definable difference between the use of either value I'd be the first to say it, but for myself at least it's no drama with not enabling the UIHardwareAcceleration option.

For Josephpilot

I recommend setting the value back to True (or commenting out since the default is true) and renaming the Reshade dll to disable it (typically named dxgi.dll by default) e.g. dxgi.dll.off or some such.

Then trial the reported airport issue and use a process of elimination to confirm the issue is either resolved or still exists.

Cheers R

3 hours ago, Rogen said:

Hey yes for sure, I work for a software R&D company where we develop image processing, automation and web interface software and know the value of getting the max performance out of a defined piece of hardware. Truth be told though the hardware tends to be VM's running in data centres or some tenanted arrangement in AWS or Azure and can have resources thrown at it left right and centre - but the costs!!! every resource and minute of use costs money...

But back to P3D, if I saw a definable difference between the use of either value I'd be the first to say it, but for myself at least it's no drama with not enabling the UIHardwareAcceleration option.

For Josephpilot

I recommend setting the value back to True (or commenting out since the default is true) and renaming the Reshade dll to disable it (typically named dxgi.dll by default) e.g. dxgi.dll.off or some such.

Then trial the reported airport issue and use a process of elimination to confirm the issue is either resolved or still exists.

Cheers R

but if i put dxgi.dll.off, will reshade work anyway or not?