Sign in to follow this  
harpsi

RTX 3070, RTX 3090 or 6900 XT

Hi, 

I would like to know if the less expensive one, RTX 3070, is much worse than the others concerning the price. At this moment it is impossible to find RTX 3080 and 6800 XT, since both oth are not available in almost any country. I would like to run MSF2020 with detailed addons like sceneries, aircrafts, full AI traffic, weather, and so on with at least 25 fps.

harpsi

There's a lot that people will discuss regarding the cards that I'm honestly poorly informed of.  But RAM is a consideration.  Do you run at/near 4k?  If so, the extra RAM of the higher end cards like the 3090 seems to be recommended as valuable.  Like I said, there will be a lot more that others are going to know in a lot more detail.  But that's at least one consideration.

Eric Szczesniak

Where are you based? A family member of mine scored an MSI rig with a 3080 in it for 2499$, it's an MSI mini ITX build. I personally have a 3070 but haven't built my rig yet, will be playing 1440p for starters.

MSFS. Hardware: AMD 5600X @4.0Ghz, Corsair H100i RGB Pro XT AIO, MSI MPG B550i Gaming Edge WiFi mobo, RTX 3080ti 12GB FE GPU , G.Skill TridentZ Royal 32GB (2x16) DDR4-3600 RAM CL16, PNY XLR8 3030 1 TB SSD (OS + SIM), Crucial P5 1TB M.2 pcie-3 NVMe SSD (data) . Corsair SF750 80+ Platinum PSU, NZXT H200i Mini ITX Tower.  38" LG UltraGear  38GN950-B display. 4x QL120 fans

8 hours ago, harpsi said:

Hi, 

I would like to know if the less expensive one, RTX 3070, is much worse than the others concerning the price. At this moment it is impossible to find RTX 3080 and 6800 XT, since both oth are not available in almost any country. I would like to run MSF2020 with detailed addons like sceneries, aircrafts, full AI traffic, weather, and so on with at least 25 fps.

harpsi

I run MSFS in 4K on Ultra and get 45-50fps flying over overcast and rainy London at 1500ft. My specs below. 

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

Before you rush to buy a GPU are you running a good PC at least 4.8 - 5.2 GHZ all sims still benefit more from CPU more than a GPU upgrade, I run P3Dv5.1 and MSFS in 4K ULTRA no problem, But I upgraded my MB and CPU Last year and I am not in a rush to buy an overpriced GPU and am prepared to wait 8 or more months if needed or miss this one and wait for the next. 

And before someone comes in on my present GPU I waited till the next year and purchased at a discount in the sales less than a thousand on a limited time discount. I have a host of UK suppliers that send me updates on offers.   

Edited by G-RFRY

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

4 hours ago, SolRayz said:

I run MSFS in 4K on Ultra and get 45-50fps flying over overcast and rainy London at 1500ft. My specs below. 

Off topic, I just love your Legacy avatar - that was my most favorite addon of all time, especially with dual GTN's!

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

4 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

Off topic, I just love your Legacy avatar - that was my most favorite addon of all time, especially with dual GTN's!

+1 The Realair Legacy Lancair was something special. I keep P3D at the ready just for her, and my PMDG ac of course. I would pay loads of money for it to be ported to MSFS if that were even possible. 

• Like 1

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

17 hours ago, ESzczesniak said:

There's a lot that people will discuss regarding the cards that I'm honestly poorly informed of.  But RAM is a consideration.  Do you run at/near 4k?  If so, the extra RAM of the higher end cards like the 3090 seems to be recommended as valuable.  Like I said, there will be a lot more that others are going to know in a lot more detail.  But that's at least one consideration.

RTX 3090 costs 2500 euros... It is too much... It is almost the price of the whole computer except videocard. 😞

9 hours ago, canadiantree said:

Where are you based? A family member of mine scored an MSI rig with a 3080 in it for 2499$, it's an MSI mini ITX build. I personally have a 3070 but haven't built my rig yet, will be playing 1440p for starters.

I am based in Portugal. 3080 is not possible to find. 3090 costs 2500 euros... IIt is too much... It is almost the price of the whole computer except videocard. 😞

9 hours ago, SolRayz said:

Like I said before, 3090 costs 2500 euros... IIt is too much... It is almost the price of the whole computer except videocard. 😞

Same in Croatia. 3900 over 2500 euros, 6900xt around 2100 

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

8 hours ago, G-RFRY said:

Before you rush to buy a GPU are you running a good PC at least 4.8 - 5.2 GHZ all sims still benefit more from CPU more than a GPU upgrade, I run P3Dv5.1 and MSFS in 4K ULTRA no problem, But I upgraded my MB and CPU Last year and I am not in a rush to buy an overpriced GPU and am prepared to wait 8 or more months if needed or miss this one and wait for the next. 

And before someone comes in on my present GPU I waited till the next year and purchased at a discount in the sales less than a thousand on a limited time discount. I have a host of UK suppliers that send me updates on offers.   

My computer is 8 years old. I stopped in FS2020. Didn't move to P3D. I want to move now directly to MSFS. I am thinking of i9 10900K. The problem is the videocard. It is not possible to find one of those 5 cards anywhere...

I am running an old 7700K at stock frequency with a 2070S. 4K monitor but scaled at 80 for MSFS. Riva Tuner at scanline x/2 -1 and the result is 30fps unless over high density cities. It is not perfect but it does the job.

Next upgrade will be a new mobo plus CPU and RAM. GPU when the supply is getting back to normal again. 

Hans

The chances are:

1 - RTX 3070: more or less 840 euros

2 - RXT 3090: more or less 2200 euros

3 - 6900 XT: more or less 1460 euros

4 - Waiting some more less until some RTX 3080 come out

All the other components are not a problem to find. All the videocards are Asus TUF OC...

Suggestions are welcome, considering that I would like to run MSFS with all detailed addons like busy sceneries, complexed aircrafts, AI traffic, weather, and so on, with more than 25/30 fps. 

Edited by harpsi

13 minutes ago, harpsi said:

RTX 3090 costs 2500 euros... It is too much... It is almost the price of the whole computer except videocard. 😞

I agree, it's a total scam. But the whole GPU market is overpriced right now and there seems to be no end in site. Eventually you either bow out of this hobby or you bite the bullet. There are no good options.