Sign in to follow this  
harpsi

RTX 3070, RTX 3090 or 6900 XT

i get a RTX 3090 from Galax that i most make my own cooling it deliverd without cooling.

its lot of work think iam ready this weekend.

its a complete monster card , " KingPin killer " ,2 bios silent powertarget 420W and OC mode1200W

here is a pic when testing airflow .

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vvg3e2lidvdz1oj/GALAX-RTX 3090 HOF OcLab.jpg?dl=0

2 hours ago, westman said:

i get a RTX 3090 from Galax that i most make my own cooling it deliverd without cooling.

its lot of work think iam ready this weekend.

its a complete monster card , " KingPin killer " ,2 bios silent powertarget 420W and OC mode1200W

here is a pic when testing airflow .

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vvg3e2lidvdz1oj/GALAX-RTX 3090 HOF OcLab.jpg?dl=0

Now that's a really interesting  cooler Hasse. Love to see what's inside. 

2 hours ago, martin-w said:

Now that's a really interesting  cooler Hasse. Love to see what's inside. 

the mem inner is cooled by copper and its hybrid air water , gpu all water modified cpu block that have contact with mem cooler to. fan is a noctua 120 mm 3000rpm  pwm 

backplate is all copper , and active cooled by 2 x 75mm fans pwm fans

it come more pics later , my goal is gpu 2250mhz steady not the highest value that often is 50-75mhz higer, pwer draw at 550-600w peak mem 1400  it can be little more the gpu is binned. 

Edited by westman
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, westman said:

more pics later 

Looking forward to it. 👍

Have you had chance to try out the new Intel TEC yet? 

Edited by martin-w

yes, its no hit very hard to hold the cpu temp during longer sessions and high power draw , its ok for light load for boost up frq on max 2 cores

have test my ugly 3090 in MSFS2020, P3D V5 , and XP11 it give a nice boost paired with a AMD 5950X PBO boost up to +5ghz decided to run all sims with a 2200mhz profile in afterburner that autostart with win.

test to hit my goal +2250mhz in PortRoyal and pass 15k , no need for fancy stuff like RGB  when it performs and cheap naked card and parts that a bought you not get a 3060 for that

here is a pic over test mount in chassi https://www.dropbox.com/s/pn4a114d5s3vt9r/GALAX-RTX 3090 HOF mount test.jpg?dl=0

result PortRoyal https://www.dropbox.com/s/0ahj7xz0jw8ob4a/3090 PortRoyal.jpg?dl=0

Edited by westman

After several months waiting I found a shop which has all the videocards. Discussion needs to be restarted. 👌

The advise was to get Powercolor 6900XT 16GB. Is it better than RTX 3080 since RTX 3090 is a little bit expensive? And better paired with i9-10900K or AMD Ryzen 9 5900X?

On 3/15/2021 at 11:46 PM, mikeymike said:

Hey Bruce,

I am actually from Sydney Australia, thou reside in Canada now. What’s the price of the 3090 in aus? Here in Canada they are 2500 plus tax. Roughly 2800$

cheers

mike

Hi they have been as low as 2800 AUD but any in stock are now going for 3300 AUD  - which is a bit steep for me.

Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

8 hours ago, brucewtb said:

Hi they have been as low as 2800 AUD but any in stock are now going for 3300 AUD  - which is a bit steep for me.

Bruceb

yes absolutely insane the prices of gpus.

thanks to those bitcoin miners.

bunch of idiots purchasing 20 3090 cards to run and make 40$ a day. geniuses

mike

On 3/31/2021 at 11:35 AM, mikeymike said:

yes absolutely insane the prices of gpus.

thanks to those bitcoin miners.

bunch of idiots purchasing 20 3090 cards to run and make 40$ a day. geniuses

mike

Can't mine bitcoin on GPU, they require ASIC miners. 

ETH is the profitable one on GPUs and the 3090 is roughly $14 a day so $280 a day for your example of 20 cards. 

3090 is a high hashrate but not the best value card to mine with Cost / Wattage / Hashrate