Sign in to follow this  
b1bmsgt

10 Degree Bug STILL THERE!!

24 minutes ago, MarkDH said:

Unbind all the toggle switches (on all devices) and the gear lever. If you have the Alpha yoke, make sure you also unbind all the magneto switch positions. See below for the explanation.

Thanks for link, however then I have to unbind ALOT of toggle buttons - even TOGGLE PAUSE which is the ESC button. 

Even toggle view on right mouse click?

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

38 minutes ago, Fi5kuS said:

Thanks for link, however then I have to unbind ALOT of toggle buttons - even TOGGLE PAUSE which is the ESC button. 

Even toggle view on right mouse click?

No, not the toggle functions, they are not an issue. It's the toggle switches on your hardware devices - i.e. the ones that stay switched on - that you need to unbind.

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

23 minutes ago, MarkDH said:

No, not the toggle functions, they are not an issue. It's the toggle switches on your hardware devices - i.e. the ones that stay switched on - that you need to unbind.

Ok thanks, so that means that you cannot use the gear down/up function, as well as the left know switch that stays on whether you are on ALT, VS, HDG etc?

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

I understand that I have to remove the toggle switches and use a program such as Joytokey to reassign them.

However, the program was not very intuitive and I cant find any tutorials for MSFS 2020...

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

25 minutes ago, Fi5kuS said:

Ok thanks, so that means that you cannot use the gear down/up function, as well as the left know switch that stays on whether you are on ALT, VS, HDG etc?

Yes indeed, I forgot about the selector switch. I don't know if setting these up with the Aerosoft configurator works differently. The problem is that the buttons auto-repeat. If you use FSUIPC they don't auto-repeat. Perhaps it's also the case with the Aerosoft tool.

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg

Well I don’t have that yoke, but, I do have the 10 degree problem.  Some say it can be fixed with a “mouse” setting, but that is temporary. All I know is it sucks.

These suggestions seem a little “off the wall”. Kinda like, plant a tree to increase the cloud cover, or rotate the tires on your car to fix the autopilot problem.

I fail to see the connection of landing gear switch assignments to the 10 degree problem.

But, that is just me.

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

23 minutes ago, MarkDH said:

Yes indeed, I forgot about the selector switch. I don't know if setting these up with the Aerosoft configurator works differently. The problem is that the buttons auto-repeat. If you use FSUIPC they don't auto-repeat. Perhaps it's also the case with the Aerosoft tool.

2 hours ago, cavaricooper said:

Go to Windows “Devices” (in CP) and find whichever button is illuminated. In my case it was Gear. UNASSIGN THAT BUTTON in MSFS. 

Use A&O, FSUIPC, JoytoKey or die other way to re-assign that command.

No more 10 degree command sent.

Close to just returning this throttle now...spent hours trying to get this to work.

So - I downloaded JoytoKey. At first it seemed quite difficult to assign buttons, but I figured out  how to do it. So in the program, the Honeycomb throttle is 'joystick 2'. I can for instance edit the buttons 31 and 32, which are the gear lever on the throttle. If I in MSFS2020 assign 'gear down' and 'gear down' to G and H, respectively, on the keyboard - then edit button 31 and 32 to G and H (in JoytoKey). This works perfectly, I can use the gear lever on the throttle, BUT WAIT! Then the bug comes back. This is becuase G and H remain in a toggled state (depending if the gear lever is up or down)....................  😪

Edited by Fi5kuS

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

I understand the 10º bug will go away with the update coming this month.

Initially I had the bug with the Alpha yoke, but I unmapped all the toggle switches, this works great.

Now that I just got the Bravo the bug is back of course. And I don't want to take the time to unmapped all the buttons, so I decided for a few days (weeks) I will just accept the bug, and that works OK. I just set the altitude or heading close to what I want and go with that. This may be a problem with ATC, but I don't use that much for now anyway.

Just my current thoughts on the subject.

Lets hope the fix comes next week...

Pit.jpg

Com GA Pilot, Retired • MSFS 2020 • Gigabyte 8th gen lga1151 motherboard z2370 hd3, i5 8600 8th gen 4.3ghz, Thermaltake 750w power supply, 4 x 8gb ddr4 dimm, MSI force GTO 1070 8gb ddr5, 4 SSD's • 4K main display with 3 HD displays, one is a touch screen. Often used as 3 1080P NVIDEA surround screens and one HD touchscreen for AirManager

1 hour ago, raymar said:

I fail to see the connection of landing gear switch assignments to the 10 degree problem.

That's why I made a 26-minute video to explain it in great dertail.

• Like 1

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg

1 hour ago, Fi5kuS said:

Close to just returning this throttle now...spent hours trying to get this to work.

Don't return it. There are probably people who would pay you big $ for it... 😁

Edited by b1bmsgt

Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Force, Retired

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Former B-1B Crew Chief / Flightline Maintenance Expediter

Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector

Formerly Young (😩)

3 hours ago, raymar said:

Well I don’t have that yoke, but, I do have the 10 degree problem.  Some say it can be fixed with a “mouse” setting, but that is temporary. All I know is it sucks.

These suggestions seem a little “off the wall”. Kinda like, plant a tree to increase the cloud cover, or rotate the tires on your car to fix the autopilot problem.

But, that is just me.

Ray-

The issue is caused by ANY HW switch/ button that constantly sends a command (the lit up button in Windows Devices).

It’s not isolated to Gear, it’s just that my PFC Console II has the issue with MY gear lever. For those with other types of HW it could be some other button.

Edited by cavaricooper
  • Like 2

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

4 hours ago, 177B said:

I understand the 10º bug will go away with the update coming this month.

Initially I had the bug with the Alpha yoke, but I unmapped all the toggle switches, this works great.

Now that I just got the Bravo the bug is back of course. And I don't want to take the time to unmapped all the buttons, so I decided for a few days (weeks) I will just accept the bug, and that works OK. I just set the altitude or heading close to what I want and go with that. This may be a problem with ATC, but I don't use that much for now anyway.

Just my current thoughts on the subject.

Lets hope the fix comes next week...

I thought that the update that came yesterday was supposed to fix this bug...

Never mind, it was only a world update. According to FSElite there's an update currently due to release on 4th March 2021, and then on March 30th.

https://fselite.net/news/microsoft-flight-simulator-development-update-world-update-3-previews-and-more/

Edited by Fi5kuS

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

On 2/17/2021 at 7:49 AM, b1bmsgt said:

I was really looking forward to the new update because the Devs said in an interview that the 10 degree bug was definitely fixed and they were so happy to get it out of the way.

Wellllllll...

I just downloaded the update, went to my trusty CJ4 and...

THE 10 DEGREE BUG IS STILL THERE!!!

WTH???

Wellllll...

The new SIM update is out and installed. Works pretty good,

but

THE 10 DEGREE BUG IS STILL THERE!!!!!!!!!!!

WTH??

Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Force, Retired

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Former B-1B Crew Chief / Flightline Maintenance Expediter

Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector

Formerly Young (😩)

1 hour ago, b1bmsgt said:

Wellllll...

The new SIM update is out and installed. Works pretty good,

but

WTH??

Don't worry you can explore the vast array of improvements to the Garmins and ATC in this update instead..... oh.

1 hour ago, b1bmsgt said:

In fact it seems to have gotten worse - whereas I could flick the autopilot controls in the WT CJ4 mod with the mousewheel for 1.000' increments and left klick for 100' increments, I am now stuck with 1.000' increments all along as long as I don't unbind the "gear up" and "gear down" function on my Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle. The problem seems to be that the guys at ASOBO still think it's a Honeycomb issue exclusively, which has long been refuted. In fact it seems to be a problem with switches in general, only buttons seem to work in this regard.

Gigabyte Aorus Z390Master, i9-9900k @ 5.1 Ghz all cores, RTX 2080, 32 GB RAM