Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Is Sim Update 3 still on track for Feb 23?

Since the UK World Update has been delayed, does anyone know if this will affect the original release of Sim Update 3?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

11 minutes ago, captain420 said:

Since the UK World Update has been delayed

The UK update launched yesterday, not sure about the other question.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Will probably know more tomorrow when they update progress 

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

46 minutes ago, cmpbellsjc said:

The UK update launched yesterday, not sure about the other question.

There are "World Updates" and there are "Sim Updates".  Yesterday was I believe a World Update.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

7 hours ago, fppilot said:

There are "World Updates" and there are "Sim Updates".  Yesterday was I believe a World Update.

Correct. What I was saying to him when he said “Since the UK World Update has been delayed” - was that it had actually been released already and that I didn’t know if the Sim Update was also delayed. The way he wrote it, I though he might not be aware that the UK World update had already been released. 

In hindsight, what I think he might have meant when he said “has been delayed” was “HAD been delayed”, had meaning since it had been delayed a week that the Sim Update might also be delayed. “Has been delayed” I took as him not knowing that it has already released, which is what I was pointing out to him was already released.

• Like 2

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Does the World Update not also include  a sim update? With the last update also the sim was updated (ground effect, flap behaviour, bug fixes etc). 

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

4 minutes ago, Cargostorm said:

Does the World Update not also include  a sim update? With the last update also the sim was updated (ground effect, flap behaviour, bug fixes etc). 

Yeah, but relatively minor changes. Sim updates usually contain a big amount of sim improvements / features added.

Edited by tweekz
  • Like 1

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

I wouldn't be surprised to see an interim hotfix - World Update 3 really messed up taxiway lighting in pretty much every addon airport and a number of MS airports from World Update 2.  

• Like 1

7800X3D  + RTX 4080 + 32GB DDR5

1 hour ago, TonyD said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see an interim hotfix

I would be very surprised if they did, even for very small bugs we had to wait for a full update.

1 hour ago, tweekz said:

Sim updates usually contain a big amount of sim improvements / features added.

+ major new bugs! 😄

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

1 minute ago, David Roch said:

+ major new bugs! 😄

Features, as I said. 😄

• Like 1

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

1 minute ago, David Roch said:

+ major new bugs! 😄

And you just released one on my screen with your avatar now I can't remove it off my screen where is my fly swatter.

• Like 1