Sign in to follow this  
Manny

After two days of no internet. "insert Disk"? WTH

2 hours ago, Manny said:

Yeah.. hope it gets better  soon. I have food for 2 more days only. 🙂

Try to call the catering truck when on ground

• Like 1

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

3 hours ago, Manny said:

Yeah.. hope it gets better  soon. I have food for 2 more days only. 🙂

It sucks that you’ve been one of the ones without power. I live in Dallas between Lemmon and Midway and have had constant power (knock in on wood)  this whole time. The only reason I can think of that I haven’t lost power is that I might be in the same grid as Love Field is and they haven’t lost power at all. 

Some friends of mine have been without power or with rolling blackouts this entire time. A few also suffered from broken pipes and water damaged to add to the misery. Then, if that’s not bad enough, I saw on the news the other night that some areas out towards Ft Worth, Keller and surrounding areas have to boil there water prior to using since water treatment facilities are not working and the water won’t be clean to drink or cook with. Kind of hard to boil water if you don’t have electricity though. 

I think we’re supposed to get above freezing on Friday finally and 50-60 degrees by the weekend, so hopefully we can return to normal. Probably be just our luck we’ll get some random heat wave from the south in a week or two and be complaining that it’s too hot 😂😂

• Like 1

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

14 minutes ago, cmpbellsjc said:

and have had constant power (knock in on wood

Wish you luck, we lived many years in Bluffview between Lovers Ln and NW Hwy, last time we were there was April last year, pre-Covid, just in time. Will need to get back to some friends in Bluffview and Frisco, hope they are doing well under these circumstances. 

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

4 minutes ago, DAD said:

Wish you luck, we lived many years in Bluffview between Lovers Ln and NW Hwy, last time we were there was April last year, pre-Covid, just in time. Will need to get back to some friends in Bluffview and Frisco, hope they are doing well under these circumstances. 

I think the area I live is technically Bluffview but in the north end of it.

Ive talked to folks I know all over the metroplex and have been suffering either total power outages or rolling blackouts.l consider myself to be very fortunate to have not lost power once.

I think I could deal with having to bundle up in the house to keep warm, but not being able to cook or the boredom factor of not have internet or tv for this long would probably drive me bonkers. It wouldn’t be so bad if I was able to work all day, but I’ve been home since I the storms hit since my work doesn’t want me to be driving in the conditions. Being home 24hrs a day with no power would get old quick, not so bad if the weather was nice and I could spend time outside entertaining myself.

• Like 1

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I got the insert the Disk Poltergeist again. sheesh!  This is like a word not allowed that won't flush.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

24 minutes ago, Manny said:

I got the insert the Disk Poltergeist again. sheesh!  This is like a word not allowed that won't flush.

I got that message once, months ago after an update I think.

I just restarted the computer and everything came back normal.

I think it has to do with being signed into Xbox or the store. Anyway it only happened once for me and has been OK ever since. It may even be an online problem when the servers don't communicate properly to identify you as a user.

With all the disruptions on the WEB lately, this is no big surprise. I hope it clears for you soon and you get back in the 60ºF temps where I think Texas belongs at this time of year.

Pit.jpg

Com GA Pilot, Retired • MSFS 2020 • Gigabyte 8th gen lga1151 motherboard z2370 hd3, i5 8600 8th gen 4.3ghz, Thermaltake 750w power supply, 4 x 8gb ddr4 dimm, MSI force GTO 1070 8gb ddr5, 4 SSD's • 4K main display with 3 HD displays, one is a touch screen. Often used as 3 1080P NVIDEA surround screens and one HD touchscreen for AirManager

I had that numerous times just after launch..  you pc time affects it, lack of internet will also cause this, and the last, log out of the store, and back in....

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

I did logging out the store yesterday and I thought I solved it.. but the issue returned.

So I just logged out of the MSFS too and rebooted and now it looks like its solved. But I need try again later to see if the demon would reutrn.

LOL 🙂

Manny

12 hours ago, Manny said:

any idea how to get around this miserable experience?

Install P3D?

:ph34r:

• Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

22 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

Install P3D?

:ph34r:

Come on MAN!

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Many,

Have you considered a back generator for your home?

They are very popular here in FL.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

20 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Many,

Have you considered a back generator for your home?

They are very popular here in FL.

No. How much would it cost and for how long would it provide backup electricity.

Manny

I can deal with below zero temps, snow, ice, broken pipes, no water, no electricity, and no internet.  But I am really having a hard time with not being able to use MSFS .... lol.

• Like 3

Gary M.

| PPL ASEL |

System Specs: W11 Pro, Corsair 4000X Mid Tower, Z790 Aorus Master Motherboard, i9-13900KF, 64 GB DDR5 SRAM, RTX 4090, Dell AW3821DW Monitor, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, MFG Crosswind Pedals,TrackIR

2 minutes ago, TexasGary said:

I can deal with below zero temps, snow, ice, broken pipes, no water, no electricity, and no internet.  But I am really having a hard time with not being able to use MSFS .... lol.

I hear you I got no power and broken pipes and it is still cold. There has been  no flying for me all week.

CPU: Intel i9-11900K @5.2 / RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200 / GPU: 4080 16GB /

4 minutes ago, TexasGary said:

You don't need internet. You need a SUITCASE! 😉