Sign in to follow this  
Adamski_NZ

Wot - no AI?

I've tried every combination of traffic and density - live/online and AI offline but just can't seem to get it to work. I *occasionally* get the odd GA aircraft but hardly ever any airliners - even though I have that density turned up to 80-100%.

I've also tried various ground traffic densities and variety, generic models on/off - and at different airports: small/large, default or add-on .

Sometimes - when taxiing - I get an ATC command to stop to allow some sort of [ground] traffic, but there's nothing there. I also have AI labels turned ON so I can try to track anything out there, if anything.

Any voodoo out there that could bring them to life - or is it just totally porked?

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

12 minutes ago, Adamski_NZ said:

I've tried every combination of traffic and density - live/online and AI offline but just can't seem to get it to work. I *occasionally* get the odd GA aircraft but hardly ever any airliners - even though I have that density turned up to 80-100%.

I've also tried various ground traffic densities and variety, generic models on/off - and at different airports: small/large, default or add-on .

Sometimes - when taxiing - I get an ATC command to stop to allow some sort of [ground] traffic, but there's nothing there. I also have AI labels turned ON so I can try to track anything out there, if anything.

Any voodoo out there that could bring them to life - or is it just totally porked?

That just happen to me I stopped no traffic insight I proceeded to ignore it..

other time I’m able to see actual traffic and users which is always nice..

4 hours ago, Adamski_NZ said:

Seems like i'm at the exact other end of the rope...

Are you talking about after installing 1.13.16.0 update and free London photogrammetry ?...

After installing these i have seen the most crazy out of control airtraffic AI behaviour of all time. That is, only at EGCL atm. A320's taxiing thru one another, taking off and landing from both runway sides, Extra's taking off one after the other, performing hairraising aerobatics above London, flying underneath bridges and ending up in the Thames. Other GA flying criss cross over London sometimes crashing into objects. A320's approaching off and on from all sides of direction, etc. Total air pandemonium, quite entertaining to watch. 🤣

Don't know much about it yet. Just the first time i tried MSFS after the updates. Not sure if it has to do with the 1.13.16 update or London photogrammetry installment. Just went over to EGAA to have a look. Quite a few A320 on the tarmac, taxiing and taking off ( airtraffic at only 20% in the mean time), seems normal here. 

Edited by Javiz

Jan

19 minutes ago, Javiz said:

After installing these i have seen the most crazy out of control airtraffic AI behaviour of all time. That is, only at EGCL atm. A320's taxiing thru one another, taking off and landing from both runway sides, Extra's taking off one after the other, performing hairraising aerobatics above London, flying underneath bridges and ending up in the Thames. Other GA flying criss cross over London sometimes crashing into objects. A320's approaching off and on from all sides of direction, etc. Total air pandemonium, quite entertaining to watch.

It actually sounds like you're seeing multiplayer planes and not AI or Live Traffic.

• Like 1

Hmmmm ... interesting!

I tried EGLL with ALL my mods disabled. With RL/live traffic, I got quite a few going - but still nowhere near what I'd expect at near mid-day in oner of the world's busiest airports (unless it's been hit hard by COVID). Labels showing and they appear on the pop-up map.

With Offline AI, I got around 3  (three) in total at any one time. No labels showing and don't show on the map.

Once I re-enabled all my mods, I managed to get my RL/live traffic going, but nowhere near as many. Absolutely nothing showed for Offline AI.

Edited by Adamski_NZ

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

8 hours ago, mattn said:

It actually sounds like you're seeing multiplayer planes and not AI or Live Traffic.

Drat... must've had one or two too much..:wacko:

Forgat about MP, never use it, thought i had it turned off, apparently not. Still, fun and hilarious to see. 

Sorry Adamski, Matt's absolutely right off course. At EGLL lots of planes at the gates ( AI and also Live) but not really much going on.

Jan

My "Live Traffic" test is to load up at KEWR in the morning or late afternoon. That airport seems to have a decent amount of live traffic, including taxi to and from the gates, and planes starting up at the gates. I use live weather and date/time and no multiplayer.

KLAX is OK too but they don't have as good ADS-B ground coverage and there's a lot of disappearing after landing before taxi. 

Edited by mattn

Seems like I get to go around because of other aircraft more and more lately. So yes, I do see live traffic. Now I just wish they'd expedite their exit of the runway.

James