Sign in to follow this  
mtr75

Saitek Radio panel feedback

Hi guys,

I'm looking to get as much of a physical cockpit as I can, in other words, I don't want to be clicking things with a mouse within the sim. I have the Alpha and Bravo is on the way, I'm now thinking of adding the Saitek Radio panel to the sim. Does anyone have any feedback on it? It looks great to be able to set radio frequencies, nav frequencies, squawk codes. I don't want to be playing around trying to click something while not moving my head (I have TrackIR as well).

If you've used the panel in MSFS, please let me know what feedback you have! Thanks.

my friend has 2 and they both work. Just make sure to install the logitech drivers for msfs

I use the panel with Spad Next and it works perfectly - does take a bit of setting up in Spad but the big advantage over the default drivers is that you can configure the panel to show or do anything that the various datasources (MSFS, Simconnect, FSUIPC) allow.

I've been using all their panels since the Logitech drivers came out. The only problem I have is with Multi Panel not incrementing heading, course or altitude by single digits since I got the Alpha. The Radio panels work flawlessly, I have two. The DME function is very handy 😉 

• Like 1

I have two of them and they work fantastic.  In my steam gauge setup, I use one of them to display com/nav and the other for autopilot information (the Bendix and other non Garmin APs so I know what my altitude setting and VS are).  I use SPAD to interface with them.  Definitely recommended.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Little Jenny said:

I have two of them and they work fantastic.  In my steam gauge setup, I use one of them to display com/nav and the other for autopilot information (the Bendix and other non Garmin APs so I know what my altitude setting and VS are).  I use SPAD to interface with them.  Definitely recommended.

Thanks Jenny! How does the squawk code work? Is it cumbersome to put in?

Concur with everyone's recommendation as well. Well made, I have used mine for a few years now with SPAD. I fly with VR headset and can feel the knobs without taking the headset off. 

• Upvote 1

One thing that is very disaapoining for those of us who fly online in Europe (soon the US) is that the Logitech (Saitek) Radio Panel does not work for the 8.33 frequency change which amoung other things requires three decimals (but that is far from the only thing).  I contacted Logitech and left a message for the Project Manager who handles the radio panel, but being very typical for Logitech they ignored me. 

If you don't fly online then it's really not an issue, but if you do or plan to it might very well be an issue.

I haven't checked, but hopefully SPAD.NEXT has addressed this.  Logitech support is HORRIBLE and updates are even worse, but thankfully SPAD picked up the ball and is doing the work that the company should be doing.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

I have the Multi and Switch panels but not the Radio panel. I have a Class Echo and I'm glad I went that route. Controlling the COM and NAV radios with it is a breeze.

• Like 2

James

2 hours ago, mtr75 said:

I'm not quite sure I understand the difference. Could you explain?

The tuning knobs don't work very well. Google 'saitek radio tuning' or similar. In my experience some work (a bit) better than others. The MotiveMods upgrade is excellent.

• Like 1

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

4 hours ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

There are modified ones around with better encoders but they are not cheap.

https://www.motivemods.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=MM-SA-RP

I had mine modded a few years back and love it, 

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

3 hours ago, mtr75 said:

Thanks Jenny! How does the squawk code work? Is it cumbersome to put in?

It's not too bad.  Use the dial to tune the first number, push the <> button, tune the second number, repeat, repeat.  

Edited by Little Jenny
Incorrect info
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MarkDH said:

The tuning knobs don't work very well. Google 'saitek radio tuning' or similar. In my experience some work (a bit) better than others. The MotiveMods upgrade is excellent.

Thanks!

• Like 1