Sign in to follow this  
Car147

A320NX (Dev)

Anyone else geeting the wandering off the approach again? I tried two dev versions today, and whilst the aerodynamics have been sorted, i am now finding every flight on approach its off on its own again.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

39 minutes ago, Car147 said:

Anyone else geeting the wandering off the approach again? I tried two dev versions today, and whilst the aerodynamics have been sorted, i am now finding every flight on approach its off on its own again.

well, since they are releasing dev version every hour hard to tell but I downloaded yet another dev (per installer it's ea4ae17) before and had a great flight "as usual" from LOWW into LOWI, no steering away, no circling, no need to disable SEC1 to get full climb thrust, all just fine up to the LOC26 landing

• Like 1

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

I think i have found the issue, if i remember rightly are we not supposed to have a deadzone of around 10 on the joystick actions. If so.. mine were down at 4

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

7 minutes ago, Car147 said:

I think i have found the issue, if i remember rightly are we not supposed to have a deadzone of around 10 on the joystick actions. If so.. mine were down at 4

May be very individual. Was at 8 before WU3 and increased it to 13 without success. Only with above dev mod version it finally worked 

• Like 1

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

1 hour ago, DAD said:

May be very individual. Was at 8 before WU3 and increased it to 13 without success. Only with above dev mod version it finally worked 

For your information, I am using the latest (Feb 18, 2021) CFBW and today all went fine, very smooth landing without any deviation from course lines etc. during STAR and APP. Landed with a21 kts headwind at EDDK. Deadzones ate 10. 

• Like 3

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

Just departed KJFK and LNAV was completely no use. AP1/AP2 had no control inputs whatsoever on both NAV and HDG mode. I recycled every overhead system (SEC, etc) and tried any assortment of DIRECT TO and clearing waypoints. What gets me is even HDG select didn't work. It all worked prior to the update, and I haven't done any new changes to nullzones or my CH Yoke to differentiate it from my last flight 2 weeks ago.

I'm now reaching cruise and going to finish the 5 hour flight completely manual. Turns out keeping the 320 straight and level with trim is surprisingly easy.

Edited by WestAir

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

4 minutes ago, WestAir said:

completely no use

Hm, could not resist and started another flight, ENVA to EGLC. What shall I say, just perfect. 

Did you make sure you downloaded the latest dev mod version? Release some 5 hrs ago from now? Any other mods installed?

• Like 1

Phil Leaven

2 minutes ago, DAD said:

Hm, could not resist and started another flight, ENVA to EGLC. What shall I say, just perfect. 

Did you make sure you downloaded the latest dev mod version? Release some 5 hrs ago from now? Any other mods installed?

I always update right before starting flight sim so my version is from 2:30PM EST. It's my only mod besides Self Loading Cargo and a UAL texture for the NEO.

I actually just got NAV to work. We'll see if it freaks out again. I recycled SEC 1 and turned everything off then back on, hit direct to next waypoint then pop'd in NAV and it seems to be holding course. I'll know in 30 minutes when I reach the next waypoint if it's placebo or not. 😄

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

4 minutes ago, WestAir said:

UAL texture for the NEO

Do you fly that right now? Didn’t they say liveries may do harm to the FBW mod? I myself refrain from using liveries other than those from FBW. Just a thought. No other idea as I am currently descending into EGLC just fine

• Like 1

Phil Leaven

45 minutes ago, DAD said:

Do you fly that right now? Didn’t they say liveries may do harm to the FBW mod? I myself refrain from using liveries other than those from FBW. Just a thought. No other idea as I am currently descending into EGLC just fine

Yeah Phil I think it might be the UAL livery. Good call. Guess I'm flying FBW textures until the team releases their own AP system.

• Like 1

Weird that a texture would throw off alignment.   That said, it has been hit or miss for me too even with the stable version.  Gotta have the liveries though.  🙂

I don't have any issues using the A320 Lufthansa and BA liveries created by Operatorland468 (the two most popular liveries on flightsim-dot-to) and a Swiss livery by tomihbk. Some liveries are probably better executed by certain developers than others (i.e. don't have code that can interfere), you just need to find those and steer away from the rest.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

There are 2 threads about this issue at FBW github. Jumping back to the first waypoint in flightplan. Happened to me when approaching EGKK (freeware version) yesterday.

• Like 1

After having done 2-3 perfect flights with no AP issues (steering away) I updated at around 0800z to the latest dev mod version and now AP went nuts again on my flight from EGLC to LOWW. Had to disable SEC1 and all good. But it worked yesterday? Anybody with same findings?

Phil Leaven

12 hours ago, WestAir said:

Yeah Phil I think it might be the UAL livery. Good call. Guess I'm flying FBW textures until the team releases their own AP system.

I use the Lufthansa livery...  Can the livery really affect the autopilot - hmm interesting? Just yesterday the A32X autopilot did weird things in selected mode. Altitude was not catched in selected mode (it did not stop climb at selected altitude) and also setting v/s was a pain.

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR